BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-28-2014, 03:22 PM

Default Question about bulking/cutting cycles

I don't not want to be very fat at the end of my bulk,so I am dropping now to 10-12% and I am thinking to bulk untill 14% cause I don't like too much fat ,I believe after 2 months of bulking I will be from 12% to 14%.

Would it be wrong to do a 2 month bulk 1 month cut all year round?Is there some disadvantage at this method?
Unread 09-28-2014, 03:37 PM

If you wanna stay leaner, the best thing to do to still follow Lyle's recommendation would be to start the bulking on the 10% range and stop on 14%. You would still have 4% bf to gain (~3 kg of fat) that you would gain together with, let's say, 3 kg of muscle. That would be 6 kg of weight gain. That can be managed in a 6 months bulking (1 kg gain per month)to 1 month dieting (0.75 kg fat per week). Of course the rate can be hgher or lower depending on your level. But, in short, stay on the 10-14% range I'd say.
Unread 09-28-2014, 10:29 PM

a ratio of 2-3:1 is sufficient for bulking and cutting phases to stay on the leaner side of things usually depending on where one starts. Optimal and quality gains can only come so fast so at least 2-3 months in a surplus.
Unread 09-29-2014, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by intensetrainboy View Post
If you wanna stay leaner, the best thing to do to still follow Lyle's recommendation would be to start the bulking on the 10% range and stop on 14%. You would still have 4% bf to gain (~3 kg of fat) that you would gain together with, let's say, 3 kg of muscle. That would be 6 kg of weight gain. That can be managed in a 6 months bulking (1 kg gain per month)to 1 month dieting (0.75 kg fat per week). Of course the rate can be hgher or lower depending on your level. But, in short, stay on the 10-14% range I'd say.
It's not easy to drop to 10% and I will start looking to small that's why I prefer 12 maybe for a few months until I get bigger
Unread 10-01-2014, 07:04 PM

Just start at 10-12% and stop at 16-18%, you risk spinning your wheels with constant bulk/cuts.
Unread 10-05-2014, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohze View Post
Just start at 10-12% and stop at 16-18%, you risk spinning your wheels with constant bulk/cuts.
I don't want to get over 14%
Unread 10-05-2014, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulccf View Post
I don't not want to be very fat at the end of my bulk,so I am dropping now to 10-12% and I am thinking to bulk untill 14% cause I don't like too much fat ,I believe after 2 months of bulking I will be from 12% to 14%.

Would it be wrong to do a 2 month bulk 1 month cut all year round?Is there some disadvantage at this method?
Yes, there is some anecdotal evidence that bulks go better when you can get some momentum behind your gains. Also if you're putting on more than 2-4 lbs of fat over those 2 months you need to lower your surplus.
Unread 10-06-2014, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightCrow View Post
Yes, there is some anecdotal evidence that bulks go better when you can get some momentum behind your gains. Also if you're putting on more than 2-4 lbs of fat over those 2 months you need to lower your surplus.
Are you joking or are you serious cause I can't tell,I will aim for around 4-5 lbs a month cause I want to limit the fat gains
Unread 10-06-2014, 02:54 PM

Default Main Site; Main Site; Main Site

There is a wealth of information on the main site. For instance the following link:
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain-mistakes/
Unread 10-06-2014, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulccf View Post
Are you joking or are you serious cause I can't tell,I will aim for around 4-5 lbs a month cause I want to limit the fat gains
that's a great way to be fat. aim for half that.