BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-09-2014, 12:44 PM

Default Transition from cutting to maintenance and weight gain

Hi!

I've been cutting for 2 months with 2000 cals. Now I've made a transition into a maintenance diet with 2500 cals.

After 10 days eating 2500 cals, mi weight has increase from 161 lbs to 165lbs... My question here is if that could represent a real fat gain, or it's just more glycogen in my muscles, or even just water retention?
Unread 10-09-2014, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBig View Post
Hi!

I've been cutting for 2 months with 2000 cals. Now I've made a transition into a maintenance diet with 2500 cals.

After 10 days eating 2500 cals, mi weight has increase from 161 lbs to 165lbs... My question here is if that could represent a real fat gain, or it's just more glycogen in my muscles, or even just water retention?
With the information you gave, no one can give you an accurate opinion.

The numbers in calories you "state" are your maintenance calories are basically meaningless, without your weight, age, (I assume you are male), macros, alcoholic beverages consumed or not, and such factors as exercise (type and duration), so on and so forth.

In addition, the cutting history prior to allowing your calories to go to approximate maintenance, "can be" a variable in the equation. Dependent upon macro variables and training.

You need to provide more personal information. My initial thought with the time frame assumed, is water retention and other related things--but this is just an overview, information not withstanding.

Don
Unread 10-09-2014, 03:27 PM

Water.
Unread 10-09-2014, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillen View Post
With the information you gave, no one can give you an accurate opinion.

The numbers in calories you "state" are your maintenance calories are basically meaningless, without your weight, age, (I assume you are male), macros, alcoholic beverages consumed or not, and such factors as exercise (type and duration), so on and so forth.

In addition, the cutting history prior to allowing your calories to go to approximate maintenance, "can be" a variable in the equation. Dependent upon macro variables and training.

You need to provide more personal information. My initial thought with the time frame assumed, is water retention and other related things--but this is just an overview, information not withstanding.

Don
Actual Weight: 165 lbs
Male
Calories: 2500 cals /day
Macros: 200 gr protein, 70-90 gr fat, rest carbs
Activity: 4 days lifting 30 minutes (Push-Pull+Legs-Rest-Push-Pull+Legs- Rest- Rest) maintenance volumen, just 3 sets per muscle group , 2 days running 30 minutes
BF%: Less than 10% for sure
Hope this information is useful
Unread 10-09-2014, 06:09 PM

+1 on water.

It's too quick a gain to be fat (on those numbers).