BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-23-2016, 04:45 PM

Exclamation Supplements - Citrate form of Potassium, Calcium, Magnesium? Picking a multi-vitamin?

I'm trying to pick out exactly what I need for supplements. I could use some help.

Lyle recommends particular doses of Potassium, Calcium, and Magnesium in addition to a daily multi-vitamin. He makes mention that Calcium Citrate is the most easily absorbed form of calcium, but doesn't mention anything for the other two.

Is it correct to get the citrate version of all three supplements so they absorb better?

I was reading that it's easy to overdo it with citric acid, that's why I ask. I'm not sure if I should worry about this or not.

I was also wondering what people would suggest for a multi-vitamin. I am between Centrum Silver for Men and Now Foods Adam. Lyle only suggests taking a multi-vitamin (or two if lower quality) but doesn't suggest a brand. I am looking to be well rounded in my intake because I'm going to be relying mainly on protein shakes with cheese and salads as an occasional thing.
Unread 07-23-2016, 07:24 PM

If you can afford it, New Chapter and Mega Food are great supplements. They culture yeast with the normal culture medium plus USP vitamins and minerals. AS the yeast grow they absorb the nutrients, and the company somehow packs the yeast into vitamin pills. I take them on an empty stomach all the time. No problems, plus my pee turns yellow so they at least have B-vitamins!

I take a Mega Food multi, get my magnesium from ZMA, and calcium from whey and casein protein powder.

Citrate is not good for optimum absorption. Look for food based, or if from a supplement, then bonded with some type of amino acid or organic compound.

Last edited by reggaestar : 07-23-2016 at 07:26 PM. Reason: misspellling
Unread 07-24-2016, 06:57 AM

I stopped taking multivitamins because I wanted to better control what I was taking and ordering through Amazon is so reasonably priced. I don't want supplemental Vitamin A which they pretty much all have. I want a good balance of cooper/zinc and a better mixed Vitamin E.
I start with a good B complex that has folate...not folic acid which pretty much all multis have and add on from there. Perhaps I'm too particular...don't care since ordering through Amazon makes things so easy and reasonable these days. Most products I use are the NOW brand.
Unread 07-24-2016, 08:40 PM

Now Foods is my brand of choice for most things as well.