BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-02-2009, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoun1e View Post
Can't let this go...

Bill made them all. And if you notice, pretty much every player and coach they've cast off has sucked after. It's all about Bill. Nobody wants to believe it.

What's hurt them is that the Pats are actually rebuilding their D this year and trying to win a championship at the same time. Unheard of.

Remember Mike Vrabel? Arguably one of the most valuable linebackers during their run and they traded him.

Richard Seymour? Traded for a first round pick (Oakland).

There are other smaller examples, but the bottom line is the D has a bunch of youngsters in the secondary and at lb. They're taking their lumps now, but hey, they're still in it and they have a bunch of draft picks stockpiled.

The world is going to have to wait until Brady is dead to bury the Pats. And that's probably not for another eight years if Brett Favre is any indicator.

KY
True, they are all Belichick's disciples, the way everyone who came out of the Parcells teams owes a lot to the Tuna (including...Bill Belichick). And Belichick sets the tone, like I said. But that doesn't mean they're not darn good at planning an offense or a defense.

Good point that they're rebuilding, though --lots of high draft picks in 2010 and 2011-- but I wouldn't say they're really chasing a championship this year. Then again, never bet against Belichick or Brady in the postseason. What looked worst on MNF was the receiving corps. The Saints absolutely shut Welker and Moss down. I'd be worried about that if I were a Pats fan.

Then again, I'm a Redskins fan, so if my biggest concern was what we're gonna do with all those early picks for the next couple of years and the performance of RANDY MOSS, I'd be squealing with happiness.

One last thing: As a Skins fan, if there's one thing I can tell you about Norv Turner, it's that he will screw up in the playoffs. I'd like to see the Chargers make the AFC championship game but I'm not betting on them.
I am the number one Ninja and I have killed all the Shoguns in front of me. You've got some new young Shoguns trying to step up—Amare, Jermaine, Ming. But by the time they kill this Shogun, I'll be retired, and I'll have two platinum swords and five NBA MVP balls. That is why one day I said my game will be like the Pythagorean Theorem—hard to figure out.
Unread 12-05-2009, 08:54 AM

LB -

ACC Championship today will be a good test of our Coaching/EmoMementum vs. Talent discussion.

Clemson (who an SEC asst. coach told me earlier this year should have been in BCS scenarios year in an year out with their talent, but Coaching [Tammy Bowden and Co.] held them back) vs. Ga. Tech (Best argument for scheme and coaching in college football if you ask me) - and both teams have anti-momentum after getting embarrassed by their in-state rivals last week. I hope it is a somewhat close game, but I love the triple option so much, and seeing it in college football again is awesome - pulling from the Ramblin' Wreck.

And then there will be a game between two teams who would probably go 2-14 in the NFL this season. I hope it lives up to the hype. Saban vs. Urban.

Should be a great day of football! Also some great hoops on too, but I will miss most of that whilst freezing my I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post. off running up and down a Lacrosse field.
Unread 12-05-2009, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoun1e View Post
MN and NO are a lock for the NFC Championship game. Book it.

In the AFC, it's Indy and I'd probably put money on SD at this point.

KY
NO v. MN will be a great game but in the Dome w/ momentum I can't bet against NO the way they're playing if healthy. Looking simply unbeatable at the moment. Things can change quickly w/ how competitive the NFL is but wow are they looking good.

AFC still has a lot of teams that could get on a strong run, though colts are clearly playing the best right now. But San Diego making significant noise in the playoffs? Sold!
Unread 12-05-2009, 05:23 PM

I'm ready for tomorrow's games. Go Cowboys!

One of the ESPN "experts" is picking the Redskins over the Saints. I sure don't see that happening.
Unread 12-06-2009, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBSS View Post
but I wouldn't say they're really chasing a championship this year. Then again, never bet against Belichick or Brady in the postseason. What looked worst on MNF was the receiving corps.

One last thing: As a Skins fan, if there's one thing I can tell you about Norv Turner, it's that he will screw up in the playoffs. I'd like to see the Chargers make the AFC championship game but I'm not betting on them.
Well, last year, everyone wrote off AZ around this time. Weren't playing well. Pats blew them out in the snow. Then they got rolling at the end and would up in the Super Bowl. You never know.

NO bracketed both Moss and Welker with two guys. Nobody has done that. I'm surprised they couldn't adjust if you put four defensive backs on two WRs, somebody has to be open -- Faulk, Watson, Aiken, whoever. Surprised. They were also beat up on the offensive line which allowed NO to rush only three guys. Eh...that's over.

May bet your skins today. Think NO has a classic letdown day. Short week. Outdoor game in DC. Washington and Campbell quietly playing well. Probably wont have the balls to do it though.

KY
Unread 12-06-2009, 09:28 AM

It would be awesome if the skins could pull a win out of there silly hat. I hate to root for them, but I will today. Actually like Jason C. Feel kinda sorry for him most of the time.
Unread 12-06-2009, 03:13 PM

Go Washington.

I hate everything about football. I'm so glad I didn't run out and buy a new t shirt this AM like I had planned.

Go Penguins!!!!
Unread 12-06-2009, 04:24 PM

Well damn. The skins almost pulled it off. Oh well.
Unread 12-06-2009, 06:56 PM

And it just gets worse. Cowboys lose.
Unread 12-06-2009, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFLMichelle View Post
And it just gets worse. Cowboys lose.
At least you didn't lose to Oakland. I am speechless.