BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-24-2017, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchez View Post
What do you guys think?
I think I had to hit up google because I'd never heard of this. Read that it is harsh, potentially lethal; effective, but makes you feel like crap. Oh, and it isn't recommended to eat a low carb diet while you use it.

https://www.t-nation.com/pharma/inferno-my-week-on-dnp

Seriously contemplated writing 136 on a piece of masking tape and just sticking that on my scale display this morning. Not that desperate to lose fat though...

Good luck and stay safe.
Unread 01-24-2017, 05:50 PM

1-24-2017 - 6# Day

TOOK DNP 1-24-2017 10:50 AM

Felt really good today, I weighed myself before the workout and I weighed.... 190.5 lbs! How much of the weight lost is water weight, who knows, what I can tell you is that I retained my intensity and weight on all exercises, so that's good. Excessive sweating like last time, but nothing I can't handle. No tingles or any weird feeling either. No excess heat from the refeed carbs either.

GREEK YOGURT + BERRY MEDLEY + PROTEIN POWDER + CHICKEN BREAST+ PASTA + SAUCE

Total Calories 2584.9 Ratios
Protein (g) 195.2 30.2%
Total Carbs (g) 417.6 62.8%
Fat (g) 18.3 6.4%
Carbs (g) 396.8
Fiber (g) 20.8

TOOK DNP 1-24-2017 4:30 PM
Unread 01-25-2017, 12:52 AM

For your question about cardio, maybe it's better choice to take 250mg a day and combine that with NEAT activity like walking or LISS, than to take 500mg and feel too lethargic to do anything. I think option 1 would cause fat loss to a greater degree. Also sides would be much less noticeable with lower doses.
Unread 01-25-2017, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zLeeKo View Post
For your question about cardio, maybe it's better choice to take 250mg a day and combine that with NEAT activity like walking or LISS, than to take 500mg and feel too lethargic to do anything. I think option 1 would cause fat loss to a greater degree. Also sides would be much less noticeable with lower doses.
In my experience the difference in carb cravings between 250 and 500mg are night and day. You have to be ready for them or it is very easy to out-eat the DNP deficit with a whole package of cookies and still be hungry.
Unread 01-25-2017, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightCrow View Post
In my experience the difference in carb cravings between 250 and 500mg are night and day. You have to be ready for them or it is very easy to out-eat the DNP deficit with a whole package of cookies and still be hungry.
Yeah, good point.
Unread 01-25-2017, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightCrow View Post
Feel fine so far, nothing I can't handle, like I mentioned previously the worst cravings I had ever were with a big dose of yohimbine, but I might be extremely sensitive to it or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zLeeKo View Post
Lethargic or not, I can go out and perform the cardio just fine, the problem is whether even a little over that 20-30 min of LISS a day might be catabolic considering the DNP
Unread 01-25-2017, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Lethargic or not, I can go out and perform the cardio just fine, the problem is whether even a little over that 20-30 min of LISS a day might be catabolic considering the DNP
DNP is actually incredibly muscle sparing. You will lose only fat, and lots of it. That's why it's superior compared to other thermogenics like clen, T3..
Unread 01-25-2017, 04:37 PM

1-25-2017 - 7# Day

TOOK DNP 1-25-2017 9:31 AM
TOOK DNP 1-25-2017 3:47 PM

Today was the hardest day thus far, very hot and very irritable, althought it might be the many classes and stupid professors pissing me off. I definetly think the carb refeed did more harm then good in terms of feeling the DNP and hunger. I can guess that the rest of the workouts I do are going to be hell..

If anyone wants to know what its like being old and miserable where everyday trivial tasks are hard, this is how you get the full picture. You can count the "extra" cardio off for now, or any cardio for that matter.

PINNEAPLE + PROTEIN POWDER + CHICKEN BREAST

Total Calories 999.1 Ratios
Protein (g) 195.7 78.4%
Total Carbs (g)24.9 9.4%
Fat (g) 13.6 12.2%
Carbs (g) 22.5
Fiber (g) 2.4

Currently sitting at my desk with two fans in opposite directions blowing at me while I enjoy the moment

Last edited by Switchez : 01-25-2017 at 04:41 PM.
Unread 02-09-2017, 02:40 PM

Today is 2/9/17

What happened was, the day after my last update I got a bad case of the flu, huge lymph nodes, painful throat, fever and all this coupled with sickness+dnp lethargy was simply too much. So from that day on I decided to stop DNP and go into a caloric surplus to recover faster.

That's when things got worse. When getting off DNP all the sides got at least twice as bad, it was extremely hard to sleep with fever+DNP heat, had fans blowing and a wet towel on my face just to deal with the heat. But by far the worse side was I suddenly got hives almost all over my body, extremely itchy and benadryl had no effect. But I didn't take a stronger antihistamine just waited it out and the look and itchyness was tolerable after 4-5 days. Perhaps this can be countered by taking benadryl before, on, and after the cycle, but I didn't take that precaution as I've NEVER had hives before this.

So I have maintained all my lifts, and my weight today is 186lbs from 200lbs. It's good of course, considering the cycle was only 9 days and I was in a surplus after that. I am just pissed I had to stop early, I could only imagine what I would have lost had I not gotten sick and gone through the 14 day plan and caloric needs after.

I guess the lesson of this log is, a huge deficit with mid-high dose of DNP leaves you very vulnerable to sickness, after which you will no doubt be incapacitated and miserable and have to cut your cycle short. Also, don't underestimate POST cycle side effects of the DNP leaving your system, hives jump out of nowhere.
Unread 02-10-2017, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Today is 2/9/17

What happened was, the day after my last update I got a bad case of the flu, huge lymph nodes, painful throat, fever and all this coupled with sickness+dnp lethargy was simply too much. So from that day on I decided to stop DNP and go into a caloric surplus to recover faster.

That's when things got worse. When getting off DNP all the sides got at least twice as bad, it was extremely hard to sleep with fever+DNP heat, had fans blowing and a wet towel on my face just to deal with the heat. But by far the worse side was I suddenly got hives almost all over my body, extremely itchy and benadryl had no effect. But I didn't take a stronger antihistamine just waited it out and the look and itchyness was tolerable after 4-5 days. Perhaps this can be countered by taking benadryl before, on, and after the cycle, but I didn't take that precaution as I've NEVER had hives before this.

So I have maintained all my lifts, and my weight today is 186lbs from 200lbs. It's good of course, considering the cycle was only 9 days and I was in a surplus after that. I am just pissed I had to stop early, I could only imagine what I would have lost had I not gotten sick and gone through the 14 day plan and caloric needs after.

I guess the lesson of this log is, a huge deficit with mid-high dose of DNP leaves you very vulnerable to sickness, after which you will no doubt be incapacitated and miserable and have to cut your cycle short. Also, don't underestimate POST cycle side effects of the DNP leaving your system, hives jump out of nowhere.
Hope you've recovered now. From my understanding, DNP can stay in the system for 7-12 days after discontinuing use so you still need to be wary with carbs till then.That might explain some of the sweats/heat you experienced.