BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-28-2012, 08:31 PM
Banned

Default Losing 100 pounds 1 pound at a time...

I don't know exactly how much I weigh right now, but I am thinking around 295-300. I have decided not to weigh myself as it gets to my head when my weight fluctuates day to day.

Anyway, I started training in jiu jitsu a couple days ago and I am loving it. I am planning on going 3-4 times a week (as much as my schedule permits) and possibly even more some weeks. I was about 205 and in pretty good shape doing judo (very similar to brazilian jiu jitsu) back in the summer of 2007. I hurt my back, stopped doing drugs and drinking, and picked up eating and gained 110 pounds. I have lost 20 or so of it yo-yo-ing a bit since august. The only time I really had true control over my eating was when I was doing martial arts on a regular basis so I think I am going to be able to do that again.

For my diet I try to shoot for 2,000 calories a day and about 130 grams of protein. On the days I work out in the mornings I eat a banana and 50 grams of whey protein (two scoops of the stuff I have) before I go to jiu jitsu and then I eat my breakfast sandwich after that consists of either ham or turkey, an egg, a slice of cheese on a bagel thin. On a day I don't work out I eat the breakfast sandwich and the whey with a side of veggies instead of a banana. For dinner I eat the remaining amount of my calories (around 1150-1200) in a huge sandwich or a pizza or something along those lines with a side of steamed veggies.

I also eat 6 fish oil pills a day. I might increase it a bit, but in higher doses it gives me some horrible diarrhea.

Anyway, I will keep my progress by seeing how my gi (karate pajamas) fits. Right now I can't even close it and I can barely tie my belt. Hopefully in a month or so that will change.

I had a serious ego booster today at jiu jitsu practice. Some guy I was rolling with said "you are fast as hell for a big guy." It is random comments like that that really stick with me. I'm going to do it this time. I got this.

Last edited by jimjack : 01-28-2012 at 08:35 PM.
Unread 01-28-2012, 09:56 PM

Good luck man. And also if it seems to get too much on top of you mentally and physically, don't give up, just go for less of a deficit. I imagine at your weight 2000 is probably a massive deficit. And it would be better to go slow and steady than give up all together when the going gets tough and it always does.

But that being said, sounds like you've got a plan going on and if you stick to it you'll be sweet. Good luck
Unread 01-28-2012, 10:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethreidnz View Post
Good luck man. And also if it seems to get too much on top of you mentally and physically, don't give up, just go for less of a deficit. I imagine at your weight 2000 is probably a massive deficit. And it would be better to go slow and steady than give up all together when the going gets tough and it always does.

But that being said, sounds like you've got a plan going on and if you stick to it you'll be sweet. Good luck
Yeah the way I see it is as long as I don't get lazy about going to jiu jitsu (I won't because I love it) the food issues will kind of resolve themselves. My drive to get better at jiu jitsu is stronger than my drive to eat unhealthy.
Unread 01-30-2012, 07:28 PM
Banned

Doing pretty good. I ate well today, probably a decent bit under 2,000 calories. I am liking this diet and I think with the jiu jitsu it will work well. I don't think I will be doing any "free meals" other than special occasions because my dinners are practically free meals as they can be up to 1,200 calories. I really like big sandwiches and pizza and these things fit right into my macros and calories for dinner, which is really nice. I think the next free meal I eat will be with my wife for valentines day. Maybe I will make something here for her.
Unread 02-01-2012, 08:14 AM

I used to be in your same shoes at 300lb and it took me like ten years of ups and downs to get below 200 and stay there. In that time, I kept making progress and then going backward because I was doing all of the stupid crap your read in Men's Health and other bad sources. I didn't really make good, long-lasting progress until I found Lyle a few years ago. I know how hard it can be to follow his advice and go at this in a reasonable fashion because you just want to reach your goal tomorrow. Have faith, this site is full of people that have gotten great results following Lyle's advice and if you stick to it and reach out to the community when you feel like your struggling, you will get there. Good luck. Don't forget the before and after pics even if you never share them. Trust me you'll want them later, I wish I had some.
Unread 02-01-2012, 02:29 PM

+1 on the before pix
Unread 02-01-2012, 07:01 PM
Banned

I have plenty of pictures of me as a fatty...I have been around this weight for about 3 years.

I have been doing really well in jiu jitsu. Every day my stamina gets better. Basically it is just a matter of time until I get lean if I keep up with my jiu jitsu, which I will barring injury. Should be pretty good.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...436019490.jpg/

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by jimjack : 02-01-2012 at 07:07 PM.
Unread 02-03-2012, 06:07 PM
Banned

So for the past 3 days I have been eating pretty badly. I went to jiu jitsu 2 of those mornings and took today off because I was hurting yesterday and need some time to recover. I plan on going to jiu jitsu tomorrow and eating properly. I think I am going to have to adjust my diet a little on work out days though.
Unread 02-04-2012, 07:58 PM
Banned

Back on track today. I went to jiu jitsu and got a very good work out in. I have probably eaten a little more than 2,000 calories today and I don't really plan on eating anymore. Hopefully it stays that way.
Unread 02-05-2012, 10:01 PM

Keep it up bud! I did BJJ a few years ago as well. Not only was it fun, it was also a great workout. Unfortunately it was/is too expensive for me to continue :/