BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-07-2013, 07:05 PM
Banned

lol...update over a year later. I stopped my diet and jiu jitsu soon after I started posting in this thread. I might have started and failed another diet since then. But at the beginning of the year I was up to my heaviest weight ever, 325. I started dieting 2 months ago and I am down to 287 right now. I have a different mindset this time and I am optimistic. I finally realize that I can never go back to my old ways of eating, even for a short period of time, without risking giving up on dieting and gaining it all back. I also realize that I will have to be diligent about watching my calories for the rest of my life.

I didn't feel good, mentally or physically, when I was binge eating and drinking a bunch of vodka every day. I feel great now though.
Unread 03-20-2013, 11:28 AM
Banned

I have been doing reasonably well, with some slip ups. My free meals were turning into free binges so I am trying to stop that. I am putting a cap on my free meals at 1500 calories and that will actually keep my calories below maintenance on those days. This past Saturday I celebrated for st pattys day by drinking for the first time in months and bingeing on food. It made me feel like garbage and I decided I wasn't going to do that again.

When I binge I don't even end up eating things that are that great. I think it has to do with the binge mentality that I have to eat as much as possible right now. I won't cook delicious meals, I will just eat whatever is super quick and not even that great. It is kind of stupid to be honest.

Yesterday was a free day for me and I ended up going out to lunch with my wife. Usually I take my free meals for dinner, but when I get time to go out with my wife it is always nice. We ended up eating a late lunch and then I just ate a regular dinner. My daily calories were probably around 2300, which is great. If I can stick to cheat days like that I will be golden.

I weighed myself this morning and I was 284. I am hoping that I will be under 280 by the end of march, which is definitely doable. As long as I am good with my free meals, which I will make sure of, I should be good to go.
Unread 03-27-2013, 10:47 AM
Banned

I have been doing well keeping my free meals in check. Everything is going well. I fit into some pants I haven't been able to fit into for a long time recently. This is the lightest I have been since 2009 actually, which is nice.

I am confident I am going to stick to dieting this time. I realized on the saturday I binged that eating like that is sooo stupid. When I eat a free meal it is always great. I plan it out, know what I am going to eat, and get to eat something I truly enjoy. When I am not dieting, I could eat that same meal and barely even enjoy it because I am overloaded with that type of food. If you want to actually enjoy something you can't do it constantly. Even the best things in life will get boring if you do it too much.
Unread 03-27-2013, 10:57 AM

Hey there, I just wanted to tell you WELCOME and that I am rooting for you too!

Your updates suck though! So be sure to come back, often. I find it most helpful to do so to kind of keep me on track because I know other people are expecting me to come back and log.

Now be that #1 dad and keep posting, make it a habit!

"If you don't like my writing style, feel free to write your own book." -Lyle McDonald
Unread 03-28-2013, 07:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr4nsf0rm3r View Post
Hey there, I just wanted to tell you WELCOME and that I am rooting for you too!

Your updates suck though! So be sure to come back, often. I find it most helpful to do so to kind of keep me on track because I know other people are expecting me to come back and log.

Now be that #1 dad and keep posting, make it a habit!
hahahaha, my updates do kind of suck. I could get into the stuff that I eat and things like that but I don't really think it is all that important.

I am hoping to be under 280 by the end of the month. I am pretty sure I will be there by Saturday. I am going to visit my parents at the end of May and want to be under 265 by then, which I think is doable. I guess we will see.

I will just throw out what I ate yesterday to show people my diet:

I fast until 12:30 pm. I had pulled chicken (made in my crock pot with trimmed boneless skinless chicken breast, a bit of bbq sauce, a bit of fat free italian dressing, onions, and a bunch of beans all mixed together wonderfully) on a low calorie wrap. I estimate it to be about 370 calories, but I to be honest I think it is probably less. I could add everything I put into it and weigh it and do some math to get exact numbers, but estimating it at 150 calories per 4 ounces is easy and certainly doesn't hurt my diet. I also eat 36 calories worth of fish oil pills (1.8 grams of omega 3's) with my vitamin d and multivitamin.

4:30 Banana and 2 scoops of whey protein. About 350 calories.

7:00 cauliflour soup. About 60 calories. It just has onions, cauliflour, broccoli, water, and spices in it. It is very good. Usually I just steam up a bag of frozen veggies that have cauliflour, broccoli, zucchini, and carrots (about 2/3 of a pound) but decided to switch it up with the soup.

9:00 I ate ground turkey and pasta with sauce. I found a recipe online for an italian sausage spice mix and it makes my ground turkey taste exactly like sausage. It is amazing. I estimated that at about 750 calories. Then I always have a tootsie pop as an after meal snack, which is 60 calories.

That is pretty much how I eat every day. For my breakfast I try to keep it at about 400 calories or below and it is usually meat or eggs on a sandwich or wrap. I always have a banana and two scoops of whey and vegetables as my next two meals. And then for dinner I shoot for 750 calories and a tootsie pop. I also try to make my lunch over 30 grams of protein and my dinner over 40, and my protein is between 45-50 so I am getting at least 115 grams of protein a day, which should be more than enough to stop muscle loss.

So for the day I was at about 1625 (I think I did the math right). Not bad. And I rode my stationary bike (it has handles that move like an elliptical too) for 20 minutes. Every 5 minutes I get up and do some shadow boxing and 20 jumping jacks for a minute. Then at the end of 20 minutes I ride the bike really hard for about 2 minutes. It is a pretty decent work out for me. I do that 3-4 times a week, depending on my schedule.

So that is pretty much how I am doing it. I don't really ever feel deprived or too hungry. Sometimes I feel a bit hungry around 4 or so but I just tough it up and wait a half hour until I am supposed to eat at 4:30. I'm usually not hungry in the morning, but sometimes I get a little hungry near my breakfast time. It doesn't really bother me though. I kind of have this weird mentality where I'm not really hungry but I just get bored and think "man, I want to eat because I am bored." Then I think about how eating really wouldn't stop me from being bored so it is kind of stupid.

So hopefully that is a decent update for you. I'm not going to type that up every day or anything, but it gives a good idea of what I do day to day.

Last edited by jimjack : 03-28-2013 at 07:58 AM.
Unread 03-30-2013, 06:29 AM
Banned

Under 280 today. I was 278.4 or something like that on one of my scales and 275.5 on my other. My scales are not all that accurate though. One day one of them is 3 pounds above the other, another day it is flipped. I guess it doesn't really matter, as long as the numbers are going down. It is nice seeing my weight in the 270's though. Pretty soon I will be the lightest I have been in about 5 years.
Unread 03-31-2013, 05:41 AM
Banned

Ughhh, binged last night for my free meal. Just kept eating and eating. Amateur. Gross. I feel pretty bad this morning. Oh well, just gotta get back on the wagon and keep going.
Unread 04-01-2013, 04:30 PM
Banned

Been doing well since the binge saturday night. I never have problems on non cheat days...I don't let myself. I need to bring that mentality over to cheat meal days.

The diet is going pretty well. Traditionally I have stopped all my former dieting attempts at about the 3 month point, which is pretty much right now. I'm not going to let myself do that though. I have realized that it is just not worth it. The alternative from me eating like this is basically bingeing like I did on Saturday, but all day, every day. I tend to drink a lot and get depressed too. lol, there is literally no upside to it. I am going to stop bingeing, or at least try to, but I think that an occasional binge actually puts things into perspective a bit. It makes me feel like complete garbage and is never as enjoyable as I had hoped. Being reminded of that every once in a while prevents me from romanticizing how I used to eat as a fatty (which can be tempting when you are doing a relatively low calorie diet).

Also, my wife is doing weight watchers with me and is dedicated to it. She is quite overweight too so we are doing it together, which makes it a lot easier.

I have realized that I will have to be vigilant with my dieting for the rest of my life. I can never just go on vacation and say "I will just go back to the way I used to eat for this week." I might not follow my diet 100% of the time, but I can't just let myself go and binge all day and eat past the point of being full...and then eat some more.

So I am pretty confident I will take this diet down to under 200, which I haven't been since high school.
Unread 04-05-2013, 04:41 PM
Banned

Went to an asian buffet today for lunch. Over did it a bit but that was to be expected. I am going to stay away from buffets I think. I have been having a tough time mentally sticking to my diet but I am going to stick with it. I can't give up now. It would just be too pathetic. I have told too many people I am going to lose weight, I would be letting everyone down, especially myself. I need to do this for my kids. I can't fail.

This is the time I usually give up on my diet. Right at 3 months. I started on January 7th. I will update soon. Wish me luck.
Unread 04-06-2013, 07:14 PM
Banned

I am feeling much better today. Stuck to my diet without much of a problem. I think I should be fine.