BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-07-2013, 12:31 PM
Banned

So I think I am over my 3 month dilemma phase. Sticking to my diet isn't really that tough. If I were to break it I would feel much MUCH worse, both physically and mentally, than if I did not. I'm just going to keep doing what I have been doing, which has resulted in more weight loss than any diet I have done previously (in both overall weight lost and time it has taken).

I'm not going to change anything about my diet until it stops being effective...and I don't really think that is going to happen. My next obstacle is going on vacation at the end of May. I will be at my parents house for about half of the week, and while there I should be able to eat pretty clean. I don't think I am going to take a full diet break until I either stop losing weight or really start to crack mentally, but I might not really get to either point for a long time (or ever). I guess I will just play it by ear.
Unread 04-08-2013, 06:19 AM
Banned

Ughhh, my sister has been in town since Wednesday and I got really drunk last night and ate like I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.. I don't really socialize too much so it was reasonably fun, but I should have stopped 1 drink prior to when I did and not eaten those burritos. Oh well, lesson learned I guess.
Unread 04-08-2013, 09:27 AM
Banned

Ughhh, just went out to a hangover breakfast at IHOP. Ate some garbage. Oh well, I will get back on the diet tomorrow. I haven't done too well over the past 4 or 5 days but I think this is kind of a good test for me to see how easy it is to get back on my diet. I don't think it will be that hard because when I allow myself to eat unhealthy I basically become a slave to the food. It is all I can think about and I just keep eating and eating and feel like garbage.
Unread 04-11-2013, 08:18 AM
Banned

Been back on track for the past 2 days. It feels good. I don't get too pre occupied with food while dieting...certainly far less than when I am bingeing. I have been hiking on trails near my house which is a lot of fun. It makes me feel good that I can do it because when I was at my heaviest walking on trails would be a HUGE chore and the opposite of enjoyable. So being able to do things like that is a good motivator for me.

In diets past I would have given up on the diet this past weekend. I would be back to the eating that got me to 325 pounds and I would start gaining weight back until I started dieting again. But not this time. I am sticking to it, which is good. Bingeing all day every day is just not an option anymore.

lol, I don't think anyone reads this so I don't really know why I keep updating it, but oh well.
Unread 04-11-2013, 11:46 AM

Sometimes we dieters like to talk to ourselves online. Must be a side effect of RFL.

I read your log, but I'd like to see some numbers!
Unread 04-11-2013, 02:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jineechung83 View Post
Sometimes we dieters like to talk to ourselves online. Must be a side effect of RFL.

I read your log, but I'd like to see some numbers!
I was 281 yesterday morning. I gained some water weight over the weekend. I am hoping to be about 276 by Saturday. We will see. I went on a long hike pushing my daughter in a jogging stroller. It was about an hour and a half. I don't know how long I walked but I am thinking maybe 3.5-4 miles. It is reasonably hilly too so it was a good work out for me.
Unread 04-11-2013, 07:31 PM
Banned

While on my hike today I thought about why I wanted to lose weight. I know this is stupid slang but while walking I thought to myself "I just want to be the illest I can be." Basically, what this means is that at any point I can play a game of soccer, frisbee, go on a hike, play with my kids, and just have a ton of energy to do it. I wrestled at 160 my junior year of high school and that is probably the best shape I have ever been in. I played lacrosse soon after that and my coaches remarked how I was one of the faster people on the team which was hilarious because I wasn't really that fast, I just had reasonably decent stamina. I would be one of the first people done with suicides because I could actually sprint for the whole thing, as opposed to most others that were jogging for parts. I want to be back on that level...even better actually. I felt good at about 205 back in 2007. I was agile and had good stamina...and I was still "obese." I was probably about 25-30% body fat but I was actually in good shape. I could get through some serious workouts without a problem. I think at 175-185 I would be a beast, and that is what I am looking to get to eventually. Being on that hike today and actually being able to do it without too much trouble made me realize that being fat just prevents me from doing things I enjoy. And that is why I want to lose weight. So I can do things like play soccer with the spanish guys at the park.
Unread 04-12-2013, 06:44 AM
Banned

278.6 this morning, which is about what I weighed before slightly falling off the wagon last weekend. Yesterday I bought some "hot dog chili sauce" at walmart. I have lots of hot dogs in the freezer and was thinking about using it for a cheat meal. But I might be able to work out a meal that fits into my calories for dinner (750 calories). I guess we will see. I have to think about it.

Tomorrow is my free meal. I am thinking of making a pizza. I calculated it out and can make a nice pizza for 1500 calories, which is my free meal cap.

I was thinking that for my dinner I might cut up 2 hot dogs into small pieces, fry them up to get them a bit brown and crispy, then mix in some of that chili sauce, a little extra chili powder, and a little bit of dijon mustard and fry that up for a couple minutes and then put that on a bun on top of some cheddar cheese.

The hot dogs are 420 (210 a piece), bun is 170, so that is 590, leaving me with 160 for sauce and cheese. I don't know how much sauce I am going to need, but it is only 10 calories a tablespoon, so I figure I will just measure it out and see how much I need to properly coat the hot dogs and just use whatever calories I have left for the cheese.

I think it should be good. I hope that it is filling enough, but I think it should be. It will be a little short on protein (I like to get 40 in for that meal but this will probably only be about 20-25). I am going to eat more protein than normal in my breakfast meal though so that should offset it. I am estimating my LBM is probably about 140-150 pounds, which means I should be getting 105-112.5 grams of protein a day if I am trying to eat .75 grams of protein per pound of LBM (which is a value I have heard lyle give for non lifting dieters). So for breakfast today I should be getting about 38 grams of protein, about 45 of whey after that, so that is 83, add another 25 or so for dinner and that should be close enough. I don't think my muscles will fall off if I miss my protein by a couple grams.

So that is pretty much how things are going.
Unread 04-12-2013, 09:00 PM
Banned

Had those chili cheese dogs. They were tasty, I will probably eat them again. I kind of want to get lower calorie hot dogs, but we will see. I already have so many of these hot dogs. Maybe I will save them for some sort of grilling experience.
Unread 04-13-2013, 05:22 AM
Banned

275.5 this morning. I am feeling good. I have been walking a lot and it doesn't get me tired like it used to. I am going to my parents house at the end of May and want to be under 265, which I think is very doable.