BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-21-2016, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutrogena View Post
Actually, there's this thing called "ketosis" that kicks in when carbs are cut below a certain threshold. For many people this transition causes brain fog, fatigue, etc. Of course, all this information is in the book. ^_^
yes, and why does the brain fog etc happen? because when you cut carbs low and you transition into ketosis you lose alot of water and therefore your electrolytes get fd up. thats why lyle advises to take potassium alongside normal salt.
have you even read it?
Unread 06-21-2016, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilnacarter View Post
230g of protein purely eating chicken breast will have 30g of fat plus 6g of fat from fish oil. If I swap out for extra lean ground beef at 5% then that fat tips up a little bit more. Getting close to 50g. I know this diet doesnt promote variety but the little that it does I try and work with. Lyle states extra lean beef is ok.

truthisharmful - i have been around this forum long enough to know what to do. So no need to start mouthing off about "the book".
what kind of chicken do you buy?
chicken macros per 100gr:
23 protein - 0 carbs - 0,7 fats

times 10 - 230 protein 0 carbs 7 fats
now buy a ceramic pan and you dont even need fat to cook it. or use a slow cooker. or even use a bit of oil. wtf ppl
Unread 06-21-2016, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthisharmful View Post
yes, and why does the brain fog etc happen? because when you cut carbs low and you transition into ketosis you lose alot of water and therefore your electrolytes get fd up. thats why lyle advises to take potassium alongside normal salt.
have you even read it?
Can brainfog be completely avoided? In my experience electrolytes take a hit, psychological factors play a huge role, I have less energy etc. even if I take the necessary precautions. It would be worse/dangerous without the sups no doubt, but rfl completely side effect free?
Also do you really get into ketosis when you eat that much protein? I thought getting into ketosis isnīt possible due to protein metabolism on that much protein?
Unread 06-21-2016, 05:42 AM

Quote:
have you even read it?
it's in large part but only due to that. The brain needs to adapt to using ketones, because it normally relies heavily on glucose. Even with electrolytes some brain fog with ultra-low carbs such as with PSMF is normal. Electrolytes help tremendously, but it takes time for it to go away even when supplementing.
Unread 06-21-2016, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlansky View Post
Can brainfog be completely avoided? In my experience electrolytes take a hit, psychological factors play a huge role, I have less energy etc. even if I take the necessary precautions. It would be worse/dangerous without the sups no doubt, but rfl completely side effect free?
Also do you really get into ketosis when you eat that much protein? I thought getting into ketosis isnīt possible due to protein metabolism on that much protein?
You do. Urine colour, breath, everything points to ketosis when on PSMF.
Unread 06-21-2016, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlansky View Post
yup, ive done it several times without and at around the 2-3 day mark i feel like utter I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.. now i take 2gr potassium on the first day, 1 afterwards. +sodium.
plus a product called "citadel nutrition athlete vitamin" with vitamin k, d, calcium, magnesium etc
Unread 06-21-2016, 09:26 AM

and yes lyle has said this several times aswell. ketosis is not about the amount of fat or protein but only (semantically speaking) about the amount (or lack thereof) of carbs
Unread 06-21-2016, 05:21 PM

Quote:
what kind of chicken do you buy?
chicken macros per 100gr:
23 protein - 0 carbs - 0,7 fats

times 10 - 230 protein 0 carbs 7 fats
now buy a ceramic pan and you dont even need fat to cook it. or use a slow cooker. or even use a bit of oil. wtf ppl

Im running off the myfitness pal chicken breast on there. If that is incorrect then happy days.
Unread 06-21-2016, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilnacarter View Post
Im running off the myfitness pal chicken breast on there. If that is incorrect then happy days.
You have the right numbers, it is almost 3g of fats per 100g of chicken breast.
Unread 06-22-2016, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
You have the right numbers, it is almost 3g of fats per 100g of chicken breast.
Not in the chicken breast I buy.

0.4g fat per 100g chicken breast cooked.