BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-15-2016, 01:22 PM

Default Just Keep Swimming

Was about 260 at the start of 2012. Lost 100; regained 50+, lost it again.

Back to normal BMI and targeting 25% body fat.

Found out today I could get a DEXA scan at a local university for $40.

Good news - great bone density, right at the top of the chart, not too shabby hip to waist ratio (.63).

Not so good - instead of needing to lose another 15 pounds of fat I need to lose another 19. Blah.

A couple of weeks into working with a PT in addition to the cardio stuff I've already been doing. Weight loss has slowed a lot, more than increased calories would seem to cause...just can't worry about it ATM.

Vacation/diet break at the end of the month.

Then I really need to get serious again.
Unread 06-29-2016, 07:30 AM

Only 5 days in to this break and I'm already ready to be done with it. Sigh...

Have been doing some rough logging still, but I know it isn't likely accurate at all other than I'm surely at or above maintenance. Yeah, uh, 2/3rd of a slice of NY style pizza and around half a salad...who knows? Yesterday half the meat off a BBQ pork sandwich, maybe 1/3rd of the baked beans, a roll and some banana pudding. Pudding was awesome (the real deal like your grandma might make), but ouch...too full.

Feel like I've gained 2 pounds all in my hips and thighs.

Ah well...should be a little less crazy once we are in Texas @ mom's and not driving and staying in hotels.
Unread 07-15-2016, 05:32 AM

So that happened. Driving all the places, seeing all the people, eating all the food...brunches, potlucks, restaurants, car snacking...phew.

Got home up 5 pounds. Expected it. Still hated it and still worried it would stick around. 3 days home and it is gone again.

Relieved.

Had pretty much stalled out here, so hopefully taking a break helps to get thing moving the right direction again.
Unread 07-18-2016, 07:47 PM

Planning to target 1 pound a week average, starting at 154.

Checked a couple of TDEE sites and seems like 1700 calories a day should work for that with my stats. Plan to use 1700 calories as the ceiling and 100 grams of protein as the floor; adjust as needed. Never had a problem with sufficient fat or carbs.

Exercise is 2 hours a week higher intensity cardio (my fave two spinning classes...usually work up to anaerobic 4-5 times a class), 1-2 hours training with my PT, 2-3 hours strength training on my own, and walking an hour-ish most days.

Really like working with my PT. I just have to show up and do the work. Don't have to figure out what to do, or worry about working in or waiting for equipment.

It is a small gym that mainly trains athletes. He doesn't really discuss the whys with me, but there are patterns and some things I figure out on my own, e.g. had me holding 1 minute squats on balance board (sucked), but I suspected it had to do with how hard I struggled with split squats when we tried them...next session...hello again split squats.

Figure I will give logging those workouts a try, but it is from memory and some things get changed up in progress, and some I don't really even know what to call. Might devolve to "got my butt kicked for an hour again".

Monday

105 g Protein
1448 Calories

Walked 4+ miles

dynamic warm-ups (lots)

Swiss ball crunches/extensions 65 each

forward facing hack squats? (plate has toes up, not heels) 10 X 90, added a small plate on me (10? 25?) for 8 then added another small plate for 12 with crunches w/resistance bands, supermans, and twists w/medicine ball for "rests"

superset
squats on plates w/25# 3 X varied...8-10 reps?
RDL w/2 30s 3 X 10-12
hip thrusts 3 X 20

superset
side and forward arm extensions w/resistance tube 3 X 10 each
curls w/curl bar 3 X 12...don't know the weight, added after first set
cable rope tricep thing...3 X 10? And who the heck knows on resistance..air pressure system and he kept increasing it on me during sets...would accurately describe the grin he gave me, but would set off the filter.

ETA:remembered the rest for the second superset were v ups, toe touches w/medicine ball and cobra pose...

Last edited by holly70 : 07-18-2016 at 08:35 PM.
Unread 07-19-2016, 12:18 AM
Banned

Good to see you're back at it. How large is your deficit and what is your current + target weight?
Unread 07-19-2016, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by semipartial View Post
Good to see you're back at it. How large is your deficit and what is your current + target weight?
Theoretically (TDEE) my deficit would be 500 calories a day @ 1700 calories.

Current: 154
Target: 136

Tuesday

117 g protein
1554 calories

Walked 5+ miles
Hour-ish spinning class...Got two dud bikes in a row...What are the odds?

Last edited by holly70 : 07-19-2016 at 08:26 PM.
Unread 07-21-2016, 08:02 PM

Wednesday

103 g protein
1457 calories

Walked 6 miles

Thursday

118 g protein
1566 calories

Walked 4+ miles

Dynamic warm ups (added a new one)

Swiss ball crunches 65/extensions 50

superset
bench press 3 X 8
cable scapular exercise 10/12/15?
rests: V ups, supermans, plank on Swiss ball?

superset
incline chest press 3 X 10 15s/20s/20s
dumbell flies 3 X 12?
rests: kneeling medicine ball twist, swiss ball knee ups, swiss ball straddle twist

superset
sled 20 yards X 4
fast curls w/resistance tubing- C. asked me after the first round if it was too easy. Too smart to answer that which he took as a yes. Grinned...ran across and got me a harder one for the next 2 sets because he is a prince like that.

The sled was actually kind of fun. Better than the TRX squat jumps, though I'm sure those are good for me.
Unread 07-23-2016, 07:46 PM

Friday

111 g protein
1616 calories

walked 6 miles
unplanned rest day...

Saturday

107 g protein
1554 calories

walked 6+ miles
1 hour spinning class
Unread 07-25-2016, 05:46 AM

Sunday

104 g protein
1526 calories

walked 5+ miles

Week 1 Progress: Hard to say because my scales died. Rusty water hit the floor when I picked them up; don't know how they got water in them.

Seems to be going the right direction though. Pants were too tight when I first got home, then just right, then loose enough to pull up and down without undoing the button.

Clearance shopping this weekend (sigh) for pants and ended up with some size 6 jeans and a couple of so-called curvy size 4 slacks (4 waist/6 hip?), but women's clothing sizes are pretty random. Wanna be a size 4? Sew a size 4 label in and you're good. Only $10-$12 each so won't be sad if they only fit for a little while.
Unread 07-25-2016, 07:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by holly70 View Post
Wanna be a size 4? Sew a size 4 label in and you're good.
I couldn't help but smile.