BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-26-2016, 09:30 AM

I worked out yesterday which felt great; I can't even remember the last time I lifted weights. I was in a bit of a time crunch but I managed to pull off some bench press, pull-ups, bicep curls, tricep pushdowns, and leg press in 25 minutes. I had to run through it.

Yesterday my protein intake was met and my caloric intake was just under 2k. Today I plan on getting closer to 1600; I didn't have time to roast my soybeans for lunch so I had a protein bar and a ham/turkey sandwich (with just mustard as dressing nothing else).

I plan on doing workouts every Monday and Thursday
Unread 07-27-2016, 10:00 AM

Took a sneak peak and found my weight at 197 this morning so I know I'm doing something right if the scale is dropping. Counting calories is the way to go. Past 2 days have been:

Morning: 2 cups of milk in whey protein + 2 boiled eggs

Lunch: Either my soybeans or I go to the work cafeteria during the discount hours (before they close) and just pick up whatever meat I can find. I try to eyeball with the deck of cards method and get around 50 protein. Though, sometimes I am lucky and there is the nutritional value displayed.

Dinner: 6-8oz of meat with some veggies. Sometimes even a little bit of carbs (yesterday I had rice with my chicken but not too much rice gotta be careful with those...)
Unread 08-01-2016, 11:48 AM

Week 0: 198.2 lbs
Week 1: 198.2 lbs
Week 2: 198.0 lbs
Week 3: 198.3 lbs
Week 4: 199.0 lbs

Interesting...in the past week I significantly ate lower calories (1600-2000) and tracked myself Monday-Friday. Saturday I ate good as well (did a protein source every meal) and just added a dessert. Sort of a maintenance day.

The scale didn't show it, but I definitely feel leaner and look a little leaner. Perhaps it is just water. I also did a full-body weight lifting routine Monday and Thursday. Maybe that caused the gain because that was the first time I lifted regularly in a very long time Regardless, moving forward.

I'm looking to improve upon last weeks workout:

Bench Press: 3x5x145
Pull ups - 5, 5, 3
Leg Press - 135x15 , 225x15, 315x15
Bicep Curls - 3x15 with 15 pounds
Tricep Pushdowns - 3x15 with 15 pounds

So for this week I'm going to keep increasing by 5 pounds for bench press.

I did a meal prep for Monday and Tuesday for lunch. I don't know what I'm going to do with all those soybeans I bought; I got tired of those quick! With a bit of meal prep I cooked a very effective lunch.

Breakfast: 2 cups of milk in whey
Lunch: Chicken Breast, roasted potato, various veggies (carrot, celery, broccoli)
Dinner: Some type of meat, veggie.
Unread 08-08-2016, 08:15 AM

Week 5: 201.4 lbs

This has become a bulking thread I guess. On a positive note, I am really enjoying the strength gains since I started lifting again. Last weekend was a screw all on the diet. I was terribly busy but I know that that is no real excuse. (week 5 is probably just food weight; I'm probably still 199).

Today I will be up to 3x5x160 for the Bench Press. I started with 135 a few weeks ago. For my back I do pull-ups for 3x5 and for legs (leg press) I do something like 3x8. After the big 3, I do a lot of high-rep work for biceps, triceps, traps, hamstrings, and quads.
Unread 08-08-2016, 08:59 AM

Getting fat loss underway when you work a full time desk job is slow work. I used to think Lyle was nuts when he talked about BW*8 kcal + 60' daily LISS. Now I just call that "cutting".

I'm experimenting with tracking weight in metric units. Focusing on the bigger kg jumps helps me gloss over the day-to-day a bit. Just a thought.
Unread 08-08-2016, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Hell Jr. View Post
Getting fat loss underway when you work a full time desk job is slow work. I used to think Lyle was nuts when he talked about BW*8 kcal + 60' daily LISS. Now I just call that "cutting".

I'm experimenting with tracking weight in metric units. Focusing on the bigger kg jumps helps me gloss over the day-to-day a bit. Just a thought.
You aren't kidding. Cutting used to be almost too easy when I worked construction in the military + PT 3x a week (this was just earlier this year). My TDEE must have been ridiculous. If I do BW*8 I will get about 1600 calories not counting that LISS....I'm definitely over-eating this these past few weeks.

My positive notes though is I recently just moved to where I live now and a lot of my stuff came in. I have my food scale now, my bike, and my wife is about to get a bike. I'm trying to get a thing going where we ride our bikes in the evening when I come home from work. Every little helps.

Another change I have made (starting today) is I ditched the protein shake in the morning and went with a high-protein + high-fiber cereal and some blueberries. For Lunch, I added an additional chicken breast and now I'm getting 70 grams of protein for just lunch. I think this will help me ward off being a hungry animal by the time I get home. That is usually when I fall off my diet.
Unread 08-09-2016, 07:05 AM

Was cool to see my weight fall to 197.4 lbs from one day of dieting. I was holding on to a ton of food weight from the weekend.
Unread 08-12-2016, 10:40 AM

My workout yesterday I bench pressed 160x3x5. I'm loving getting my strength gains back and I have been progressing 5 pounds every workout. I started at 135 pounds a few weeks ago.

For legs I am using the leg press and doing single leg. This takes my lower back out of the equation, which I need to do because I had a herniated disc that required surgery when I was 19.

For back I do various pull-ups, lat-pull downs, etc and for biceps, tris, calves, and shrugs I tend to do high rep work.

My diet today I ate some more soybeans. I had a crapload of beans in the fridge for 2-3 weeks and it had an awful smell. I used 2 cups than I stored in the freezer so that seems to be the way to go.

The recipe I used made them taste real good!

Add Oi and cook half an onion and 4 cloves of garlic - 5 minutes
Add in Soybeans - 5 minutes
Add in mixed veggies - 10 minutes
^Top with black pepper, garlic powder, chili powder, and add in soy sauce and vinegar.
At the end add 1 egg and some rice (optional)
Unread 08-16-2016, 09:03 AM

Week 5: 201.4 lbs
Week 6: 199.0 lbs

I'm back down to 199 pounds. Yesterday I hit the bench press for 3x5x165. I started at 135 pounds a few weeks ago so I'm up 30 pounds. I'm very impressed with this (but also would mention that I used to be able to max 250 a few years ago, so a big part of this is muscle memory).

I also attempted pistol squats yesterday but didn't go so well...I can't even do one. I am interested in finding ways to get to this point where I can do one.
Unread 08-19-2016, 09:24 AM

August 18 Workout:

Bench press: 3x5x170
DB Split Squats: 4x10x10s
DB Back Rows: 50x8, 60x8, 80x3
Hamstring curls, bicep curls, tricep pushdowns thrown in.
Plank: Held for 90 seconds