BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-12-2017, 11:32 AM

First Cycle (9 Weeks): -8.6kg/-19.0lbs
Second Cycle (8 Weeks): -2.15kg/-4.74lbs

Third run - straight deficit with longer period of deficit and longer refeed.

Average Week 0: 80.56kg/177.6lbs
Average Week 1: 79.00kg/174.2lbs (-1.56kg/-3.4lbs)
Average Week 2: 78.01kg/172.0lbs (-0.99kg/-2.2lbs)
Average Week 3: 78.34kg/172.7lbs (+0.33kg/+0.70lbs)
Average Week 4: 77.17kg/170.13lbs (-1.17kg/-2.57lbs)
Average Week 5: 78.34kg/172.71lbs (+1.17kg/+2.58lbs) [Maintenance Week 1]

Finished the first week of maintenance. Went pretty well and surprisingly not a big jump in weight. Last maintenance period I would be up 6-7lbs at this point. I do expect a pop in weight next week as I did promise to make homemade pizza for valentines day, which is salty.

Still doing my limber work, focusing on my back. Nothing else to report.
Unread 02-14-2017, 09:28 AM

I noticed some vein gains. I realize that veins aren't necessarily a measurement of leanness, but I assume under similar conditions/temperatures I would expect to be able to identify new ones.

Well, I've had the single vein that runs up my bicep and I've had it for a while now. At first it would come out only while lifting or in warm temperatures (like after getting out of the shower) and eventually it's out all the time now. It's been slowly working it's way up to my shoulder area.

Now I've noticed that I'm getting a few veins branching off the main one running up the bicep. I only get it when lifting and when my body is warm, but it signs of leaning up.

I realize this is something stupid to report, but nothing is as real as that vascular look when it comes to leaning up. All the weight loss and measurements never measure up to this. Plus, this stuff happening now - while in maintenance - just makes it even better.
Unread 02-15-2017, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallion009 View Post
I noticed some vein gains. I realize that veins aren't necessarily a measurement of leanness, but I assume under similar conditions/temperatures I would expect to be able to identify new ones.

Well, I've had the single vein that runs up my bicep and I've had it for a while now. At first it would come out only while lifting or in warm temperatures (like after getting out of the shower) and eventually it's out all the time now. It's been slowly working it's way up to my shoulder area.

Now I've noticed that I'm getting a few veins branching off the main one running up the bicep. I only get it when lifting and when my body is warm, but it signs of leaning up.

I realize this is something stupid to report, but nothing is as real as that vascular look when it comes to leaning up. All the weight loss and measurements never measure up to this. Plus, this stuff happening now - while in maintenance - just makes it even better.
Not stupid at all! I'm in a similar position and find the new veins to be great motivation and a good progress indicator.
Unread 02-15-2017, 11:59 AM

It is quite motivating! It has me looking forward to the next phase of deficits and where I'll end up.

-----

Yesterday was Valentines Day and I did do a true diet break here. I didn't meet my macros appropriately. I over ate, not by a ton... probably 3000 calories on the day. Homemade skillet pizza with stuffed crust and all the cheese I want, along with a cake I mainly consumed myself. That was my diet yesterday with some chicken and Cap'N Crunch added in.

Got on the scale this morning and I take a drop 0.65kg, putting me at my lowest during these two maintenance weeks. The body is strange.
Unread 02-15-2017, 08:03 PM

Went out for lunch today with some people I only see every few months and got a nice ego boost. The pointing out of my big arms.

I realize my arms aren't any bigger. If they were, it would be of the most negligible amount - though I know they're smaller. What has happened is that the fat around my muscles has been melting away. And I guess the main thing, the ratio of the rest of my body to the arms has been changing.

Either way, it's good to hear, especially when it seems like all I ever do is deficit eat and try to hang onto what muscle I have during it. Lean muscles visually pop.
Unread 02-18-2017, 10:52 AM

Average Week 6: 78.46kg/172.97lbs (+0.12kg/+0.26lbs) [Maintenance Week 2]

Alright! Maintenance is done, aside from one meal out tonight - which I'll be good with. Oddly enough my weigh in this morning was the highest it has been over this maintenance period. I jumped 1kg in a day.

I've planned out this particular time between the next maintenance period. Three runs of 12-14 deficit days + 2 refeeds. I'm hoping that this will allow me to drop 2kg net (compared to week 4 weight). Any additional weight will definitely be a bonus.

Diet will be identical to a post I made earlier in this thread. I'm a man of routine and that's what I'll be doing. Roughly 1800 calories/day on deficit. 3x200mg Caffeine + 16mg Ephedrine.

The only thing different this time around is my workout. I'm not going to return to my full body routine. I'm sticking with an upper/lower routine and the main reason is that I've built in some posture/pelvis type work and I just want to continue that. I've also decided to cut off yoga for now. I realize I had this as a goal for the year, but I think I might be causing more harm than good. I can't expect a yoga instructor to identify that I'm screwing up my back. The focus is on my back. And things like forward fold, I know this isn't working for my lower back.

So that's the difference. I'll do a M/W/F schedule of it and extra when it comes to refeeds.

Now it's time for me to work the plan.
Unread 02-21-2017, 09:38 AM

I've been doing my Limber 11 routine now for roughly two weeks. I do it in the morning - always before my workout if I have one. The results so far have been good. At the very least, it's a pretty good warm up for the gym and those parts of the body that I'm most likely to neglect in warming up.

My lower back has been feeling a lot better. This could be a combination of things. I've been doing the routine every day, but I've also been conscious of the way I'm sitting and often avoiding the couch that causes my lower back to become unsupported and curl.

I've been doing long static stretches of my hamstring daily as well, which I hope is helping. That's more of a long term project, but I've taken a few pictures from the start to now and I'm getting deeper into the stretch.

Lastly, I've been working on my gym stuff that includes glute bridges and stiff leg deadlifts.

I'm hoping that the combination of these things will pay off in the long run, though short term it seems to be helping!
Unread 02-22-2017, 09:13 AM

I had a rough night last night. I haven't had hunger disturbing my sleep since I did RFL. At the gym in the morning I was in a very depleted state and had those nauseous feelings toward the end of the workout.

I'm thinking that during my maintenance period I may have been under eating. I ate roughly 2400 calories a day, with the occasional day of more. The reason I'm coming to this conclusion is that I've already hit a new low with my weight on a Wednesday morning - coming off of maintenance on Saturday. If it was a reflection of my last run doing this, I wouldn't be seeing lows like this until next week!

This is quite productive and efficient for time, but I'm starting to feel like crap. I planned to do three runs of my 12-14 day deficit + 2 refeed days, but that might not be the smartest move. My goal this round was to lose 2kg. So I'm thinking that I go until my weight drops 2kg (~75kg) or two runs - whichever comes first.

At that point, I go back on maintenance and I'll eat more - probably 2700 calories/day. It's sometimes hard to tell how much I need just because my body is quite sensitive with water weight. Plus I typically add in foods I can't eat normally that just cause a pop in water weight.

I'm starting to realize how crappy things are getting. I'm sort of jealous that some people can just do a simple straight deficit all the way to 12% BF - where as I'm running into issues at 15%. Deficits used to be tolerable grinds and now they're just becoming big grinds with crappy feelings.

Just glad I don't have too many more times I need to do this until I reach my goal. I'm really looking forward to just eating at maintenance for a few months.
Unread 02-23-2017, 06:44 PM

Just did an impromptu BF% Naval test thing to see how this year has been going so far. *Yes I know this isn't an accurate measurement. I'm just looking for something objective and measurable - as I'm not interested in literally knowing it.

Measured in at 14.3% since my last official measure on Dec 24th at 15.5%. So essentially shaved off a percentage point. Not too shabby for shedding off only ~1.5kg.
Unread 02-25-2017, 09:14 AM

Average Week 6: 78.46kg/172.97lbs (+0.12kg/+0.26lbs) [Maintenance Week 2]
Average Week 7: 76.92kg/169.58lbs (-1.54kg/-3.39lbs)

A good starting week. A new low in average weights, which is pretty quick coming off maintenance. I am feeling better and haven't run into anymore sleep issues, which makes this all the more tolerable.

I was just sitting here for a minute thinking about what else I could report on. Nothing coming to mind. I have another 7 days of deficit and get my two days of refeed. Always looking forward to that.

My work on improving my lower back is going well. I do Limber 11 every morning and I'm doing my lower body days at the gym with the specific exercises to help my lower back. I've also avoided yoga, which I believe is causing more negatives than positives.

Hopefully everyone is having a good start to their 2017 goals!