Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-04-2016, 02:27 AM

4 October, 2016

47.0kg

Food
  1. 1tbsp 3.25% milk in coffee
  2. 60g chicken breast + 28g whole grain spaghetti + spinach
  3. 100g chicken breast + 1tsp olive oil + 17g walnuts + 56g whole grain spaghetti + veggies (spinach/beans/tomato)

Multi + Vitamin D + Calcium + 950mg EPA / 464mg DHA

782 calories / 72 CHO / 68 Protein / 27 Fats
Activity
6km run/walk
Stress
Hope to see that scale down by the end of this week.

Last edited by infiniteopacity : 10-04-2016 at 03:01 AM.
Unread 10-04-2016, 02:52 AM
Banned

Wouldn't it help to mention your calorie intake as well?
Unread 10-04-2016, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by semipartial View Post
Wouldn't it help to mention your calorie intake as well?
You're right. I am going to start including that from now on.

I just read this thread and realised I've been calculating it all wrong! http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=32396
I haven't been counting protein from sources other than meat/dairy/nuts, which means I have been eating more protein than what I had aimed for. I feel like a goose!

In any case I'm trying to keep daily calorie intake between 800-900.
Unread 10-05-2016, 03:11 AM

5 October, 2016

47.1kg

Food
  1. 1tbsp 3.25% milk
  2. 60g chicken breast + 11g walnuts + veggies
  3. 98g chicken breast + 15g walnuts + 2tsp olive oil + veggies

634 calories / 28g CHO / 61g Protein / 31g Fat
Activity
20min walk
Stress
No change in the scale last few days, which is becoming disheartening but I think it is due to setting myself backward by overindulging two days in a row.
Here is a summary of total calories over the last 7 days.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Calories.jpg (15.6 KB, 5 views)
Unread 10-06-2016, 03:49 AM

6 October, 2016

47.0kg

Food
  1. 1tbsp 3.25% milk
  2. Lettuce
  3. 120g chicken breast + 25g nuts + 2tsp olive oil + veggies

662 calories / 51g CHO / 53g Protein / 28g Fat
Activity
67min walk
Stress
Sigh it's Friday tomorrow, which means end of week 2 and the scale hasn't budged from 47kg. I have to learn from this week and take those lessons into week 3. I don't know if there is more than one lesson here other than DON'T OVERINDULGE. I'm disappointed in myself for not making any progress but I must press on.
I reread Lyle's articles for reenforcement and also found this in a newsletter Lyle used to run back in 1993!
"Finally (whew!), a few words about training at home. It is completely
possible to do most exercises without equipment like push ups, squats
and crunches. However, most pulling movements are rather difficult to
perform without some sort of additional equipment such as a chinning
bar. The elastic bodyshaping bands can be used to approximate just
about any exercise you can imagine and are availble for around $19.95.
Also, weights can be improvised using milk jugs filled with water
or sand or books or heavy cans or small children. What's probably
more important than how you do it is that you do it. Sure you probably
won't get huge muscles lifting milk jugs, but it sure beats doing nothing.
Also, there are some excellent books put out by a company called Health
For Life (HFL) dealing with home exercising. The first is the Weightless
Workout which details how to get an excellent workout with a minimum of
equipment. Also, for women, there are Transfigure I for the lower
body and Transfigure II for the upper body which describe exercise
routines aimed exclusively at women's particular needs. HFL can be
reached at 1-800-874-5339 and have lots of other excellent courses
available. Oh, BTW, I don't work for them, I just happen to really
like their stuff."

There was also a recent NY Times article waxing lyrical about the benefits of weight training.

I don't do any resistance training despite recognising that I should. I'm still reluctant about joining the gym but I can see I may have to change my thinking on that or become more creative. For instance, are bodyweight exercises sufficient for resistance training?
Unread 10-07-2016, 02:53 AM

7 October, 2016

46.5kg

Food
  1. 0.5tbsp 3.25% milk
  2. Lettuce
  3. 120g chicken breast + 25g almonds + 12g sunflower seeds + 2tsp olive oil + veggies

661 calories / 38g CHO / 52g Protein / 33g Fat
Activity
58min walk

Stress

Happy to see the scale move by the end week 2 even if it's only a little - it's PROGRESS. I started logging at 48.8kg. I'm down 2.3kg by the end of week 2.
I was SO tired during the day, I didn't sleep much the night before so I hope I get a good night's sleep tonight. Quite enjoying fasting during the day and having a big meal for dinner. Though I'm not sure whether I will be able to keep that up on days I have to work. I'll try to tomorrow.

It does feel odd having to count calories and measure foods as I compare myself with friends who don't do this. Some can gauge their portions by eyeballing. I can only explain that it feels odd to me because of some weird sense of 'social pressure'. It shouldn't be this way since in other aspects of life achieving goals is a measured process. Yet I would find it very awkward if my friends knew I was measuring and recording food intake.
Unread 10-07-2016, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by infiniteopacity View Post
I don't do any resistance training despite recognising that I should. I'm still reluctant about joining the gym but I can see I may have to change my thinking on that or become more creative. For instance, are bodyweight exercises sufficient for resistance training?
Well at the start of your log you said you planned to eat 1288 calories a day, but the last couple of days you are logging under 700.

That's not much to run on.

IME when eating that little walking/cardio is easier to manage. I could actually delay eating by going for a walk. Best guess is it got the blood away from my stomach and out into my arms and legs.

Resistance training OTOH increased my appetite, especially when I first started.

Lots of people will say the best time to start resistance training was yesterday (or 5 years ago, whatever). Just a heads up that you might find it makes you more hungry.
Unread 10-08-2016, 02:03 AM

8 October, 2016

46.4kg

Food
  1. 1tbsp 3.25% milk
  2. -
  3. 120g chicken breast + 36g almonds + 15g sunflower seeds + 294g sweet potato

778 calories / 71g CHO / 53g Protein / 32g Fat
Activity
40min walk
Stress
Happy I did a procedure unassisted today. Wasn't hungry at work at all.
Unread 10-08-2016, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holly70 View Post
Well at the start of your log you said you planned to eat 1288 calories a day, but the last couple of days you are logging under 700.

That's not much to run on.

IME when eating that little walking/cardio is easier to manage. I could actually delay eating by going for a walk. Best guess is it got the blood away from my stomach and out into my arms and legs.

Resistance training OTOH increased my appetite, especially when I first started.

Lots of people will say the best time to start resistance training was yesterday (or 5 years ago, whatever). Just a heads up that you might find it makes you more hungry.
Oh my goodness I forgot I did say that! Thanks for the reminder. I went back and re-read one of Lyle's articles about setting maintenance calories. Here he says some people need to go down to as low as 8cal/lb to lose fat. I think my two days of overindulging and not seeing the scale budge had me into a little panic!

I appreciate your heads up though you're probably right with calories this low I am barely able to muster up energy to go running. Two weeks is still early days I must push on. Perhaps when I have lost 2-3 more kg I could consider raising calories and adding weight training.

Due to PCOS and I am not on OCP I never get any menstruation either... maybe twice a year if I'm lucky. I'm unsure whether this is supposed to make it easier or more difficult in terms of weight loss.
Unread 10-09-2016, 02:10 AM

9 October, 2016

46.5kg

Food
  1. 1tbsp 3.25% milk
  2. Lettuce
  3. 115g chicken breast + 33g almonds + 15g sunflower seeds + veggies
Multi + Vitamin D + Calcium + 1900mg EPA / 927mg DHA

682 calories / 44g CHO / 53g Protein / 34g Fat
Activity
1hr 25min walk
Stress
Felt awful today. Very tired. Cumulative poor sleep quality the last 3-4 nights contributing. Difficulty concentrating. This is not good because I am not getting a lot of study done.
I think a few factors are to contribute to poor energy levels, poor sleep quality & inability to focus on study:
  1. With the exception of 2 social outings in the last 2 weeks I have been eating < 100g CHO a day
  2. Calorie deficit may be too large?
  3. Both?
I have two options. I could go on like this for another 1-2 weeks and see if I come out of this feeling better by the end of the 4th week to determine whether low carb/keto diet works for me OR I could keep calories below 800 but ensure I get at least 100g of CHO everyday. This may lead to sacrificing fats and that could affect satiety. I have PCOS, which inherently leads to insulin resistance even though my last blood tests showed normal levels of hormones.
I have to remind myself of my objectives at this time even though I'm only two weeks in, it's important.
  • I need to drop fat in order to drop the fat around my liver and HOPE there are no signs of fibrosis when I have a fibrous scan in February
  • Long term - I need to maintain a healthy lifestyle that allows me optimal mental acuity, emotional stability and physical stamina to do the things I want to do. Food and exercise are a huge component of this.

Last edited by infiniteopacity : 10-09-2016 at 02:26 AM.