BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-16-2017, 05:33 PM

Default Back for more RFL after a looooong break!

Hello there! It’s been awhile since I have been around here… but getting back has been a long time coming. Long story short, I gained a bunch of weight back. Like all of it. Do I want to talk about it? Not really! Lol. But I will explain - I had to do a medically ordered 6 food elimination diet (SFED) to figure out what is making my throat swell up, and I am STILL TRYING to do this #$&@($@(*#& diet. It is so so so restrictive it basically feels like torture at this point. So I make it until lunch, maybe even dinner some days before I cheat. And cheat bad. Like drive through with extra fries bad. So essentially I have turned myself back into the yo-yo dieter/ binge eater I was before my successful run of RFL and I am deeply resentful of the SFED for this. But it's also my own fault because instead of taking a short break and continuing the SFED + RFL, which was working somehow, I took an extended break and just couldn't stop myself from eating the food the SFED had forced me to abstain from for soooooooo long. There are no breaks in the SFED

While I was here working my butt off with RFL was the only time I was able to actually stick to the SFED. It seems counter intuitive, because you would think it would be more difficult to try to do two restrictive diets at the same time, but somehow they worked together for me. Maybe the daily built-in reward of losses on the scale from the RFL somehow reinforced both diets, or maybe because when you can’t eat anything, you might as well bust balls to lose weight at the same time, I don’t know. But it worked.

So I am back for reasons twofold: because I need to bust this gut AGAIN (), and to try and actually finish the elimination diet and be done with it and hopefully this will help me again.

Didn’t weigh myself today – starting this today was a bit of a whim, but why wait! So here are my stats from last week's weigh in, probably pretty similar to today:
lbs: 221.3
BF%: 39.5
Waist: 40”
38yo F, Cat 3, starting a 4week run of RFL. I might try to lose less at a time and take longer breaks this time around to try and see that I can maintain in between – I never want to be back talking about gaining it all back ever again. That approach might give me more confidence for maintenance… Anyway, time to begin!
Unread 01-17-2017, 11:40 AM

Default Day2

lbs: 218.7 (-2.6)
waist: 39" (-1.0)
bf%: 39.3 (-0.2)

Today's workout: Full Body A weights (squats, bench, rows)

Well, this is a very positive second day! A full inch off the waist; almost too good to be true - maybe I had already improved from last week's weigh-in by yesterday... I did start working out last week so that could account for the improvement without any dietary changes.

Outlook today is great - really excited for this, feeling really positive and energetic, and no thoughts or worry about stumbling.

One slight issue is my car has a coolant leak so I can't drive and can't get groceries. I have dinner planned for tonight and can grab salad bar for lunch, but after today I will be scrambling. Car goes in Thursday so hopefully I can find enough appropriate food in the cupboard and freezer to carry me through!

Started my supplements today also - 1/2 dose EC stack so expecting some good water losses again for tomorrow.

Haven't been logging my foods yet. I may have to work up to this as right now it just seems too painful! But as I get going I expect i will want to see my macros to tweak as I go.

Have a great day, RFL'ers!
Unread 01-18-2017, 10:39 AM

Default Day3

lbs: 216.0 (-2.7/ -5.3)
waist: 39" (- /-1.0)
bf%: 39.3 (-0.1/ -0.3)

Today's workout: rest day

Well I was correct about the water loss! Also I missed dinner last night due to more car troubles (mechanic advised driving was ok if i topped up coolant and didn't let it get too hot... ) PLUS I got an extra workout shoveling my car out of 12" of snow i parked on (in) to let it cool down that looked packed solid then ended up having the consistency of peanut butter lol

But anyway, definitely didn't make my protein grams by missing dinner, but cals were for sure pretty minimal. Can't complain about another 2.5 lbs off!!

Have a great day, everyone!
Unread 01-19-2017, 11:30 AM

Default Day4

lbs: 213.7 (-2.3/ -7.6)
waist: 38.5" (-0.5 /-1.5)
bf%: 38.8 (-0.5/ -0.8)

Today's workout: **supposed to do a knee rehab workout (dynamic warmup, 15 mins jogging intervals, cool down) but didn't have time because of a mechanic appointment. Hoping to do it when I get home from work, but there is only a 50% chance of motivation after work. lol

Hahaha omg this is my life. Drop off my car at the mechanics and get on the bus. Part way to work, the bus's engine blows/ lights on fire/ smoke city. Luckily it's only about 15 mins walk from my office so i decide not to wait for the next bus. Then I guess the bus I was on gets the green light to drive to the depot so picks the people back up and blows by me 2 mins later, billowing black smoke LOL. oh well, got a mini workout in again walking to work!

Was pondering the psychology of dieting on the bus ride today. It's quite a shift to state of mind, I find. For example, I see someone large, and instead of thinking nothing, I feel triumphant for myself, like 'thank you to me, I will never be like that, because I have gotten myself under control, I am on the way back to being healthy... etc, etc. Also, there seems to be a sort of hopefulness that washes over everything. Almost like a skinny-halo - I'm not there yet, but I can FEEL it already. Strange thoughts of the calorie-deprived mind lol

Still pretty astounded at my losses so far. I must have really revved up my metabolism from not dieting for 6 or 8 months or whatever it was. But yeah, yay body! way to go! felt bummed for about 10 minutes last night, but it was like 'this is the point where i would usually throw in the towel, but I am committed this time. I miss drive through - no, I am just hungry I will be fine in 5 minutes'. And I ate a turkey pepperoni stick and I was fine.

Have a great day, everyone!!
Unread 01-20-2017, 12:23 PM

Default Day5

lbs: 215.2 (+1.5/ -6.1)
waist: 38.5" (-0 /-1.5)
bf%: 39.2 (+0.4/ -0.4)

Today's workout: none - overslept by 2.5 hours!

Well, not surprisingly the huge losses are done! and either yesterday's weight was a scale anomaly or the (salty) spicy soup broth I added to my lunch caused me some water retention. But not worried. Time to power through the weekend!

Have a strong weekend, everyone. See you Monday
Unread 01-23-2017, 12:31 PM

Default Day8

lbs: 216.3 (+1.1/ -5)
waist: 38.5" (-0 /-1.5)
bf%: 39.7 (+0.5/ +0.2)

Today's workout: rest day

Well - the weekend had some real ups and downs (heh heh ) Saturday weighed in at 213.1, Sunday at 211.4 - some great progress!! Also got some good workouts in, doing my knee rehab workout on sat and full body B weight workout sunday - everything is stiff today so I got somewhere, anyway! Sunday I enjoyed a free meal, and then another free meal, so it became a bit of a refeed day. No worries there as I had not had a free meal yet. So although I didn't log so am not too sure of total carbs, going by feel I am pretty satisfied that my weight this morning is close to my hydrated weight. It's a great feeling to see a likely close to 5lb fat loss in the first week!

Now on to week 2! Have a great day, everyone
Unread 01-24-2017, 12:47 PM

Default Day9

lbs: 216.3 (-2.3/ -7.3)
waist: 38.0" (-0.5 /-2.0)
bf%: 38.8 (-0.9/ -0.7)

Today's workout: weights - full body B

I have been logging my food again. They are shutting down my favourite logger so I am back on MyFitnessPal and it's tough to get used to. There are SO many incorrect entries it's difficult to log anything reliably. Also not sure about how much fibre I am getting as it doesn't break that out, so I assume the carbs it gives me are gross carbs, but not totally sure. Yesterday is as follows:

cals: 533
protein: 74g
carbs: 12g
fat: 23g

Low on protein. Need to try to ram more food in, but I find it really hard to eat enough! Got some protein powder so I can eat something more substantial in protein for breakfast so I am hoping that will help.

Yesterday my mood shifted - the dreaded point where the diet sinks in. When you go from being excited and ecstatic and anything feels possible now that you have started your 'new life' on the skinny path, and you feel like you don't even miss any foods, and could just keep eating like this forever... and then suddenly you start to really miss food and freedom and resent the restrictions and start wondering if it's even worth the pain, etc. etc. But I told myself I am not giving up! I will triumph over the 2nd week blahs. It's only MAX 4 more weeks until I finish my round... no problem, right?

Have a good day everyone!

Last edited by magpie : 01-24-2017 at 01:04 PM. Reason: added nutritional info
Unread 01-24-2017, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Also not sure about how much fibre I am getting as it doesn't break that out
MFP does log fiber. App: on the diary page, at the bottom, nutrition button. Website: at the bottom of the diary page, view full report.

Even though MFP sort of sucks with all the ads and stuff, it does seem to have more detail than comparable free ones.
Unread 01-24-2017, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallion009 View Post
MFP does log fiber. App: on the diary page, at the bottom, nutrition button. Website: at the bottom of the diary page, view full report.

Even though MFP sort of sucks with all the ads and stuff, it does seem to have more detail than comparable free ones.
Thanks!!
Unread 01-25-2017, 11:03 AM

Default Day10

lbs: 213.5 (-0.5/ -7.8) oops - didn't change yesterday's, should have been 214.0
waist: 38.0" (-0.0 /-2.0)
bf%: 38.7 (-0.1/ -0.8)

Today's workout: weights - knee rehab run

Yesterday's nutrition:
cals: 5337
protein: 54g
carbs: 10g
fat: 31g

Missed breakfast due to an appointment yesterday, so I was super low on protein... slightly surprised the resultant low calories didn't spur a bigger loss. Might be starting to save a bit of water. Slightly regretting the carb load on Sunday as I don't seem to recovering back to where I was then very quickly. But I trust the process so just going to keep plugging away. I know I am doing as much as I can realistically do and that's good enough!