Unread 01-26-2017, 11:10 AM

Default Day11

lbs: 213.9 (+0.4/ -7.4)
waist: 38.0" (-0.0 /-2.0)
bf%: 38.9 (+0.2/ -0.6)

Today's workout: rest day

Yesterday's nutrition:
free meal

Yesterday was quite the day. Mood was somewhere between complete hopelessness and rage by the end of a frustrating work day! My knee was bothering me all day after upping my running interval from 1/1 to 2/1 and tweaking it as I got into my car, so that added to the bad mood. Also was frustrated by the scale and regretting the Sunday food, so I went home and had another free meal lol. But it seemed to be what my body wanted, as I was obviously packing away some water into those empty fat cells and some food was all it needed to let go of that, since I barely gained anything from the free meal. Decided to take a rest day for my knee this morning and I am feeling better!
Unread 01-27-2017, 11:22 AM

Default Day12

lbs: 213.1 (-0.4/ -8.2)
waist: 38.5" (+0.5 /-1.5)
bf%: 38.9 (+0.2/ -0.6)

Today's workout: N/A

Yesterday's nutrition:
cals: 803
protein: 82g
carbs: 20g
fat: 43g

Still low on protein. Fat is always on the high side due to using flax oil instead of fish oil caps, which doesn't bother me. But I can never seem to eat enough protein - by the end of the day I am finding myself so exhausted I would almost rather not even eat dinner! Have a big snapper fillet in the fridge for tonight, hopefully I will be able to get through the whole thing. Fish and seafood is my current add-back on the SFED so I am trying to eat lots of that to determine if any of my throat symptoms arise, but I am not a huge fish fan so it's difficult. Who would've ever thought I would be struggling to eat lol. Wait until I get my hands back on some cheese..... mmmmmm cheese.....
Unread 01-31-2017, 10:34 AM

Default Day13 (ish)

lbs: 217.2 (+4.1/ -4.1)
waist: 38.5" (-0.0 /-1.5)
bf%: 39.1 (+0.2/ -0.4)

Today's workout: none

Wellllll, I took a small break for the last 3 days. Just could not bring myself to care. Mood had been flagging for a bit and it culminated in a big old cheat weekend. And cheat, I did. I had pretty much everything I was not supposed to (from SFED) and then threw some mcdonalds on top of it. bleuch.

I felt truly horrible, physically, after eating that junk, on top of the disappointment with myself. I am still bloated and puffy, and not feeling very motivated for workouts (also having knee pain and shoulder pain, so that doesn't help anything...)

But I am considering myself back on track today. I have three more weeks in the cycle I wanted to achieve, and about 15 more lbs, hopefully (although I probably won't be able to hit more than 10 in three weeks, so I won't let myself be too tied to the scale #).

Have a great day, everyone!
Unread 02-01-2017, 07:25 AM

Not to be harsh but if you can't manage 2 weeks of RFL as a Cat 3 then maybe the diet is not for you.
Unread 02-02-2017, 01:07 PM

Default Day15

lbs: 216.5 (-0.7/ -4.8)
waist: 38.5" (-0.0 /-1.5)
bf%: 39.2 (+0.1/ -0.3)

Yikes - work has exploded all over me - no time to log food or progress! Wanted to check in quickly anyway. Worked super late last night so had a take-out 'free meal' so weight is up a little, but still better than post-hiccup from the weekend. Deadline is Friday so I will be back logging normally for Monday

Unread 02-06-2017, 11:32 AM

Default Day18

AH, Monday. back to work, and work i shall.

lbs: 213.8 (-2.7/ -7.5)
waist: 38.0" (-0.5 /-2.0)
bf%: 39.3 (+0.1/ -0.2) - stupid impedance scale. what does it know.

Today's workout: Rest Day (can I call it that if I haven't worked out in a week? lol)

Yesterday's nutrition:
(no weekend logging...)

A short recap: Friday did another free meal. Saturday stuck to RFL, or so I thought, although I did snack a bit (soup broth, pickles, hot sauce - all seemingly low cal/ low carb things but they must have added up) and Sunday weight was still around 215... disappointing, but no big deal - just worked a bit harder on Sunday and got better (though not groundbreaking) results this morning. Did eat an entire can of tomatoes yesterday as well so i think there's around 30g carbs in there. sneaky veggie carbs! Was feeling very hungry all weekend for some reason. Anyway, seems like last week was a bit of a wash. Too much stress, no sleep and an extra free meal didn't help anything!! Hopefully this week will be a bit easier and flush out some of this water weight

Last edited by magpie : 02-06-2017 at 11:34 AM. Reason: spelling oops
Unread 02-06-2017, 05:49 PM

Following. To me losing 7.5 lb's in just over 2 weeks is a great success, even with the slip-ups. Keep working on your consistency and you'll be hitting your goals in no time. Curious - do you do any food prep ahead of time?
Unread 02-07-2017, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirliewithanEdge View Post
Following. To me losing 7.5 lb's in just over 2 weeks is a great success, even with the slip-ups. Keep working on your consistency and you'll be hitting your goals in no time. Curious - do you do any food prep ahead of time?
Thanks Girlie! No one said it was easy but I know from experience that as long as I keep plugging away eventually I will get back into the groove. I definitely no longer subscribe to the 'all or nothing' mindset as that has never gotten me anywhere.

I don't do any food prep currently, other than making sure I have protein thawing out for dinner each morning lol. At breakfast I usually go for a protein shake so that's easy, and salad for lunch for which I keep the ingredients in my work fridge and make fresh daily. Dinner is usually a bit more disorganized, but I chop up whatever veggies I have on hand and steam/ roast/ saute so i don't find it takes too long. Probably would be helpful to do a batch but not there yet on my organization. Any tips?
Unread 02-07-2017, 10:59 AM

Default Day19

lbs: 211.9 (-1.9/ -9.4)
waist: 38.0" (-0.5 /-2.0)
bf%: 39.0 (-0.3/ -0.5)

Today's workout: none. shoulder is still aching and chiro is on vacation until Thurs... may not do any weights until then. maybe a walk later

Yesterday's nutrition:
cals: 705
protein: 81g
carbs: 27g
fat: 35g

Hmmm. how to shovel in more protein... I will try to add a bit at each meal and see if that works. Carbs a bit high yesterday, and the typical slightly higher fats due to the flax oil... Need to keep fine tuning these macros. It definitely helps if I LOG. So getting used to MFP will be my focus this week - still finding it cumbersome compared to my old logger. Also forgot to bring another pack of ephedrine to work so will be missing EC today, which never helps. Might grab a bit of water today due to that, as I don't like to take the caffeine alone.

Another note to self, I have noticed if I miss taking my electrolyte during the day the only thing I want when I get home is salt and vinegar chips - body is obviously craving the salts when I miss it. So far have been successful fending off the cravings, although only due to not having any chips in the house so i don't get too much credit there!! I tried just getting the seasoning but they tend to be carb heavy too. I guess there is always actual salt and actual vinegar LOL now to think of a recipe

Have a great day, loggers!!
Unread 02-07-2017, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpie View Post
Any tips?
Congrats on your Day 19 loss!

Food prep tips. Well I am still on my first week of getting back into RFL but I know if I don't prepare ahead I will struggle and slip up more. I actually mainly just eat the same thing every day. I planned my macro's and then came up with a daily meal plan around that. Variety only comes from vegetables and the kind of hot sauce or salsa I use on that day, and of course the free meals provide additional variety. What I eat for protein is exactly the same each day with a goal of 110-115 g. So to get that I figured out what I need to eat for 3 meals and one smaller one prior to bed and just repeat it every day. Make shopping a lot easier too. I eat egg whites, chicken breast tenders which I cook about 3 days in advance and measure and put into a container or baggy ahead of time, and oven roasted turkey which I found a package at Trader Joes where I can just eat each package as a meal (about 33 g of protein and no cooking or food prep required) and then some cottage cheese before bed to round things out. The eggs are really the only thing I need to worry about cooking and can change up which meal it is based on my schedule. If I know I'll be home late I'll plan to hard boil them the night before and take with me. Eating basically the same thing also means I don't have to worry about logging and tracking my food except maybe the free meals as to not go too overboard.

Not sure if there is anything helpful in there for you but that seems to be what works for me.