BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-08-2017, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirliewithanEdge View Post
Not sure if there is anything helpful in there for you but that seems to be what works for me.
That sounds great! Super easy and streamlined. And a fellow hot sauce fan I like it! lol
Unread 02-08-2017, 11:10 AM

Default Day20

lbs: 213.4 (+1.5/ -7.9)
waist: 38.0" (-0.0 /-2.0)
bf%: I have decided to stop watching this - see below for reasoning

Today's workout: none. Ran some stairs yesterday and did some knee strengthening but that's about it. Chiro tomorrow so hopefully will be able to get back to the weightroom after a treatment

Yesterday's nutrition:
free meal

Well, I was not planning on a free meal at all this week, but when your boss offers to take everyone out to a fancy place for wine and snacks as a reward for the previous hard week, it's good for the career to attend these type of events. Not too much damage done anyway with a couple glasses of wine , some fries and tuna tartare.

Strange thing on the scale today. So I have one of those mid-range impedance scales that supposedly run a current through you to judge your body fat, water, lean and bone percentages. Well, I call bullsh*t. You are supposed to program in your stats, height, weight, age and gender, and it gives like 5 programmable slots. So today, I accidentally picked the second program which I arbitrarily made when I first set up the scale 5 years ago that still had my age set at 33. So I weighed with this program by mistake and it told me my bf was FIVE percent lower. That's a LOT when it comes to fat %. So obviously this thing just relies on a chart based on your stats combined with weight and isn't actually checking anything so I'm feeling pretty ripped off! So I am not going to chart my BF% anymore and will just rely on waist measurement to judge my fat loss. I estimate 1" is approximately equivalent to 5lbs of fat on my body.

Have a great day, everyone

Last edited by magpie : 02-08-2017 at 11:11 AM. Reason: forgot to change stats
Unread 02-10-2017, 10:35 AM

lbs: 212.3 (-1.1/ -9)

Today's workout: Chrio blasted my shoulder yesterday. it's useless today but less so than yesterday so I'm pretty sure I will be able to get back to my weight routine tomorrow

Yesterday's nutrition:
cals: 1138
protein: 102g
carbs: 36g
fat: 61g

Yesterday was not the best for food. my mom was joining me on my costco trip, and she cooked up some delicious pork ribs and brought them over to eat beforehand. I couldn't say no after she went to the trouble! I tried to avoid the fat on them as much as possible so actual consumption might be a bit lower than logged but they were still pretty greasy... only down a half pound from Thurs but I don't think I can blame a couple hundred calories - I think I'm just at that point now where I'm keto-adapted and 1/2 a lb per day is about what you get (and it's nothing to be upset about either!) STILL haven't remembered my ephedrine refill either, so there is about 2lbs of water just waiting to come off too lol

Happy logging, everyone!
Unread 02-10-2017, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpie View Post
That sounds great! Super easy and streamlined. And a fellow hot sauce fan I like it! lol
Fellow hot sauce/salsa fan. I use Frank's pretty regularly.

If you can find it Green Dragon from Trader Joe's is nice for something a little Asian.

Yucateca has some real heat to it...you might want to use sparingly or dilute in some salsa. The green habanero is my personal fave.

And for salsa I like Clint's Texas Style Medium because it tastes like home, I can get it at Wal-mart, and the nutrition stats are good...only 5 calories and 1 gram of carbs for 2 tablespoons.

http://www.fooducate.com/app#!page=p...2-FEFD45A4D471

Sharing in case some variety might help.
Unread 02-13-2017, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holly70 View Post
Fellow hot sauce/salsa fan. I use Frank's pretty regularly.

If you can find it Green Dragon from Trader Joe's is nice for something a little Asian.

Yucateca has some real heat to it...you might want to use sparingly or dilute in some salsa. The green habanero is my personal fave.

And for salsa I like Clint's Texas Style Medium because it tastes like home, I can get it at Wal-mart, and the nutrition stats are good...only 5 calories and 1 gram of carbs for 2 tablespoons.

http://www.fooducate.com/app#!page=p...2-FEFD45A4D471

Sharing in case some variety might help.
I love all hot sauces, and I'm always looking for new ones - the hotter the better!! thanks for the tips!
Unread 02-13-2017, 11:29 AM

Default Day25

lbs: 215 something (+2.7/ -6.3)

Today's workout: Rest Day

Yesterday's nutrition:
Refeed

So Saturday was amazing. Got in a good weight workout, power cleaned the house and got a buttload of stuff done. Also weighed in at 210, which was a great feeling! Then I spent Saturday evening and most of Sunday with some friends and I hate so much to have to be one of those 'on a diet' people, so I just ate whatever, (except, WIN, without cheating on the SFED so I didn't interrupt my progress on that front).

Also, we probably drank about 400 beers. I did a rough calculation and I think I was probably about 1500 calories over maintenance just due to the alcohol calories on Sat, then ate for maintenance Sun. So only a moderate setback, but it always sucks to see that water weight has rushed back on when you get on the scale. But I just keep telling myself "you are losing fat, not weight. Even 2lbs of fat a week is way better than losing 2lbs weight that is 1/2 lean muscle loss." and you can only make so big of a deficit, so ya just have to keep at it

Not sure I am going to make my 20lb goal by the end of Feb, and once March hits I have to add back nuts for the SFED so RFL will not really work with the added fats I will need to be eating. so it's 2 week blitz time! If only I could remember to bring my frickin EC from home..... lol

Have a great week, everybody!
Unread 02-14-2017, 11:05 AM

Default Day26

lbs: 210.9 (-4.1/ -10.4)

Today's workout: Knee rehab: interval jog

Yesterday's nutrition:
cals: 658
protein: 84g
carbs: 26g
fat: 25g

Pretty good day for all macros EXCEPT protein. ugh. Missed breakfast so that would've made it up.

I won't even comment on the scale. Alright, I will: wtf. lol. Although it's not unheard of to gain/lose 5lbs of water in a day, I typically only get about 3lbs max. The reading yesterday could have been a glitch, I suppose. Those sometimes happen (or today is the glitch lol). It is curious I haven't had any movement on the waist measurement in the last week if 210 is the real weight.... Anyway, we will see what tomorrow brings!

Have a great day, everyone!
Unread 02-14-2017, 11:37 AM

Looks like a big Whoosh to me! Congrats!

Would love to see a five lb drop all at once. My biggest drop so far is just 2.4 lb's and biggest gain of 1.2 lb's but I haven't really splurged on carbs during my free meal yet. Planning some rice with tonights's free meal at around 100 g carbs so I am expecting a bigger gain than last weeks free meals....but the body sometimes does strange things so as you said "we shall see what tomorrow brings!".
Unread 02-14-2017, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirliewithanEdge View Post
Would love to see a five lb drop all at once.
It's the inconsistency working for me I think overall you'll for sure be getting more done than I am. Don't forget first I gained the 5lbs back before I could drop it again!! But it works for me, so why fight it - lol
Unread 02-15-2017, 10:29 AM

Default Day27

lbs: 208.9 (-2/ -12.4)

Today's workout: None (weight workouts suspended for the next week)

Yesterday's nutrition:
cals: 737
protein: 91g
carbs: 46g
fat: 20g

STILL LOW on protein. was also very hungry later in the evening last night. I need to set myself up with some high protein snacks. I like jerky except I have been finding all the ones I try lately are really high in gristle and I can't deal with that. gross.

So I have been advised not to work out for at least a week. I went and had blood drawn for some routine bloodwork, and something went wrong and I have ended up with a very painful bruise and a lump. I spoke with a nurse who said it's almost certainly a thrombosis and not to lift heavy as it can bother it and frankly i don't want clots breaking off and whatnot so I think I will chill on that for the week!! slight setback, but not the end of the world. Sucks that it's in the middle of my 2 week blitz, though.

Success - FINALLY brought my ephedrine to work. it's been so long now I think I will have to start with half doses lol

aaaaand the wonky scale... so over the summer my scale started telling me i was 5 then 10 lbs lighter than normal. I was suspicious so I changed the battery. The first battery lasted 5 yrs, and this battery was brand new 6 months ago so it should be fine, but the scale losses don't add up with my unmoving waist measurements!! Although it feels good to see it, if it's not real, it's not meaningful. It's the inches that need to come off, not the lbs, at the end of the day. I did check my bf% and that read 1% down also. Anyway, I have a follow up with my doc on Monday so I can verify what's happening. In the meantime I will just keep doing what I am doing!

Have a great day everyone