BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-24-2017, 02:08 PM

Default Final chub attack: is there light at the end?

Hi everybody.
I have been member here at the forum for a longer time now. Much learned from Lyle, and that has lead to my success until now - lost about 30 kg (lasted longer than I expected or hoped, but it is what it is).

Anyway, I am making this into my final cutting log in the hope that I will lose the last 8-10 kg of chub that I am carrying with the goal to get to 10-12% before I maintain for some time and start adding some muscle again.

Strategy: flexible dieting.

Time frame: I am giving myself time till June, that is 5 months. This means 1,5 to 2 kg per month fat loss. This should be doable at the caloric level and activity I planning.

Nutrition: 2000-2500 cal daily. 200 g protein as a goal, the rest carbs and fats, wherever they fall, as I have noticed that this really does not make any difference.

Current health: Couldn't be better. Last blood work was perfect - kidney, liver, heart, lung function optimal, hormone function perfect (thyroid including TSH, ft3 and ft4 in normal range, total test at 891 ng/dl). I feel very tired on some days, but the fact that this is instantly eliminated in one day of refeeding leads me to conclude that it is just a function of caloric deficit, so I will just go with it.

NEAT Activity: I am averaging 15.000 steps a day (OMRON pedometer).

Weight training: 3 heavy weight sessions a week, reduced volume, high intensity.

Supplements: fish oil, vitamin D, multivitamin, magnesium citrate.

Current anthropometry:
Height: 188 cm (6,2 feet)
Weight: 92-93 kg
BF: 20% according to latest estimate.

Here is a pic of the current state:
picture uploading

I will be updating this log on regular basis, and need your support guys.

Last edited by funkord : 01-24-2017 at 02:15 PM.
Unread 01-24-2017, 02:32 PM

Hugs
Unread 01-24-2017, 02:44 PM

Godspeed
Unread 01-24-2017, 03:18 PM

Best of luck to you. I look forward to these journals with flexible diet, as I don't seem to get anywhere unless I'm rigid and lame.
Unread 01-27-2017, 08:03 AM

Sticking to the overall caloric intake, however I am trying to establish a plan of habits where willpower is of lesser importance, because with a full time job, a phd and a family I do not have much willpower left for fitness.
I have identified two factors that throw me off:
1. Social gatherings... in my culture it's extremely rude to reject food, and honestly I do not want to come across as a weirdo infront of people because I cannot track very accurately what is in there. However I need to find. A way where this will not totally ruin my journey because I have a rich social life and do not want to give that up completely for the sake of fat loss.
2. I tend to experience hypoglycemias. When I was a kid I ended a couple of times in ER bcs of dangerously low blood sugar. It's genetics bcs my mum and grandpa had rhe same thing. The problem is that sometimes I work for hours and food is the last thing I can think of. But then I dxperience hypo... diziness, pounding heart, feeling of faintg, paleness... and gues what, when I have that I do not look for a chicken salad but the first food item I find just to raise my blood sugar, and that is often office jubk food lying around. I need to learn how to handle this...

Any advice appreciated.
Unread 01-27-2017, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkord View Post
1. Social gatherings... in my culture it's extremely rude to reject food, and honestly I do not want to come across as a weirdo infront of people because I cannot track very accurately what is in there. However I need to find. A way where this will not totally ruin my journey because I have a rich social life and do not want to give that up completely for the sake of fat loss.

2. The problem is that sometimes I work for hours and food is the last thing I can think of. But then I dxperience hypo... diziness, pounding heart, feeling of faintg, paleness... and gues what, when I have that I do not look for a chicken salad but the first food item I find just to raise my blood sugar, and that is often office jubk food lying around. I need to learn how to handle this...

Any advice appreciated.
1. "Oh your food looks so delicious, but I am just stuffed from a big meal. I would love to take some home though."

or

"Your food is so tempting, but I don't sleep well when I eat this late. Maybe just a bite?"

or

"Oh, that smells so good. But I have a big meal later with someone and I need to save some room."

IOW, polite fictions as needed.

2. Tangerines, dates (or whatever dried fruit you like), fruit juice...those can drop you in to a rebound though. Good to have a little protein/fat with whatever. You could have some trail mix (nuts with dried fruit/chocolate even). Maybe some kind of bar, or even a peanut butter & jelly sandwich if you like them and it fits your diet.
Unread 01-30-2017, 11:39 AM

Adherece on point calorie wise. Protein was a little lowish these past days, but nothing drastic (about 170 g).
Thought: I need to learn how to stay away from pasteries. These bring nothing but a huge caloric load for little satiety. Had two doughnuts yesterday that I thought were 600 cal tops just to find out each was 550 cal. That left mereaching my calorie budget pretty early in the day and starving rest of the day. Need to find less calorically dense sweets I can eat when I have a sweet tooth.

Training wise, had an excellent full body heavy workout yestarday followed by 30 min of cardio. I was very tired after this, but a good afternoon nap can fix anything.
I am losing weight judging by my belt... jeans are also starting to get loose...
To be continued...
Unread 01-30-2017, 02:49 PM

Pastries are rough because I like them so much. I've found that when it comes to sweets, nothing beats a 500mL bottle of Coke. It's just sugar and not filled with butter. 200 calories, which is much less than most chocolate bars, cookies, pastries, and other treats.

I have strong self control, so it doesn't happen often, but Coke is my go to if I *need* it. Pastries, I just save for refeeds.
Unread 02-06-2017, 02:41 PM

Funny enough, my weight is all over the place. For instance, I weighed yesterday after breakfast and weighed in at 91.1 kg. Then this morning before breakfast and after using the toilette my weight was 93.0 kg... wth? I guess that just tells how unuseful tracking only weight this. I have definitely lost some fat... less to pinch on stomach area, added a belt hole the past week and my the separations shoulders arms are starting to come through... o yeah, I started creatine recently so that's why the progress is not so noticeable on the scale. However, I still cannot explain the wild oscillations from day to day. Adherence was great these past days, so was training. I am slowly getting addicted to the combination cottage cheese, greek yoghurt and frozen mixed berries pre bed time. Delicious and gives me a nice bolus of protein of about 80 g... I have really central fat distribution... lower stomach, lower back and love handles... no visceral fat I'd say, but it's all in my mid section.
Will post a progress pic soon.
Unread 02-07-2017, 01:59 PM

Today:
Morning weight: 92.4 kg. So, weight is still shifting...
Calories: 2000.
Macros: 190 g protein, rest carbs and fat.
Activity: 13.000 steps, heavy full body workout, cleaned my house for 4 hours in addition to all that.
I cannot explain weight not dropping with this activity and this caloric intake, but let's see what happens in the coming weeks. It's becoming incredibly hard to break this plateau after 30 kg lost, even after introducing diet breaks regularly...
Also, I am incredibly constipated, I have to use the toilet once a week or not at all, and this despite good fiber intake and presence of gut friendly foods, and regular supplementation with magnesium every night...