BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-09-2017, 06:46 PM

Default 60 Day Transformation Weekly Updates

Wednesday, February 8

Today marks the first week on the 60 Day Transformation, and as such, this post is going to be an official update.

Original Weight: 68.2 kg (150 pounds)

Current Waist: 67.6 kg (148.72 pounds)

Original Waist: 82 cm (32.3 inches)

Current Waist: 81.7 cm (32.16 inches)

Here's a link to the video I did on it (I'll add before after pics to this post shortly, just need to get them off my camera)

So the fact that the scale is inching down is a good thing. I did lose a bit off my waist, but not as much as I would have liked. There also appears to be mismatch between waist measurement and scale weight; i.e. I should have lost more off my waist given the amount of weight dropped.

That said, from my experience on the last 60 day challenge, these mismatches do seem to happen sometimes, and ultimately, they even out in the end. So for the time being I'm not going to worry about it (I will be keeping an eye on it though).

Grade For The Week

I'm going to start giving myself a grade during each of these updates for how I felt I did during the week, both in terms of workouts and dietary adherence- basically the exact same way you'd get a letter grade in school on your report card.

My grade this week:

C-

The weekend, from a dietary perspective, was pretty catastrophic, and is most of the reason I'm ranking myself so low. The reason why I didn't go ahead and give myself a D is because I'm giving myself credit for recovering fairly quickly, and didn't go COMPLETELY off the rails on the weekend. I also pushed one of my workouts back by a day, so that cost me some points (at least in my mind).

Workout

Leg Press (110 kg): 5 sets of 8 reps

Bulgarian Split Squat (bodyweight ): 1 set of 6 reps, 2 sets of 10 reps.

Food Log

Yogurt (200 grams): 140 calories, 13g/protein

Canned Chicken (200 grams): 200 calories, 50 g/protein

Veggies: 50 calories

Salad Dressing (2 Tbsp): 200 calories

Potatoes (300 grams): 250 calories, 6 g/protein

Chocolate: 100 calories

Kimichijeon (100 grams): 400 calories, 9 g/protein

Cooking Oil (3 Tbsp): 300 calories

Pancake (100 grams): 400 calories, 5g/protein

1 Egg: 80 calories, 6 g/protein

Canned Chicken: 100 calories, 25 g/protein

Butter (1Tbsp): 100 calories

Maple Syrup (2 Tbsp): 100 calories

Total For The Day: 2,420 Calories, 114 Grams/Protein

averagetoabs.com
Unread 02-10-2017, 07:18 AM

Are you not worried about muscle loss with such low protein?
Unread 02-10-2017, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellurium View Post
Are you not worried about muscle loss with such low protein?
A little bit. I've heard mixed things about protein intake from equally smart people. I keep it on the moderate side at the moment because, frankly, I don't really like protein, and figure if I can get away with less that'd be good. That said I'm keeping an eye on it, both in terms of measurements and my performance in the gym. If I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post. starts to go sideways, I'll up my intake.

Keep in mind I'm also a small dude (5'6), so while 100 grams/day for someone who's 6'1 might be low, for me it's moderate.

averagetoabs.com
Unread 02-17-2017, 12:24 AM

February 15: Week #2

Original Weight: 68.2 kg (150 pounds)

Current Waist: 67.5 kg (148.5 pounds)

Original Waist: 82 cm (32.3 inches)

Current Waist: 81 cm (31.9 inches)

So, my weight basically stayed the same, but my waist measurement went down.

It could be a few things. It could be the fact that I took January off from the gym and have only been back into it the first week or so. I don't know the biology behind it, but I do know that a lot of people report an increase in scale weight when they first start lifting weights (or start lifting weights again after a long break).

It could also be my waist measurement playing catch-up from last week. During the last weigh in, I lost about a pound and a half, but only lost about 0.3 cm on my waist...which doesn't really add up. So the fact that the waist measurement went down this week means that things are looking a bit more normal (i.e. my weight loss matches up with my waist measurement decrease).

Either way, not too bad. I was definitely hoping to lose the weight faster, so we'll see if I can speed that up a little bit for the next weigh-in.

Workout

I hit a solid back workout today. I used 5x5 for both weighted chin-ups as well as unweighted, wide-grip pull-ups. I also experimented with 2 heavy sets of t-bar rows. The reason I say experimented is that I'm very cautious when it comes to any kind of pulling exercise and how that will affect my lower back.

Weighted Chinups (15 kg (33 pounds) + 67.5 kg (148.5 pounds) bodyweight: 5 sets of 5 reps (3 minutes rest between sets).

Wide Grip Pullups (67.5 kg (148.5 pounds) bodyweight): 5, 5, 5, 6, 6 reps

T-Bar Rows (35 kg (77 pounds): 2 sets of 5 reps

Progress Pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg week-2-weigh-in-front.jpg (96.3 KB, 7 views)

averagetoabs.com
Unread 02-17-2017, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by averagetoabs View Post
if I can get away with less that'd be good.
It's good to see that you're monitoring your results together with your protein intake. However, wouldn't it be smarter to start higher and decrease protein intake until you reach a point where muscle loss occurs? Especially on a diet adequate protein intake is important. The leaner you'll become the more protein is required.