BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-12-2013, 02:22 PM

Default Constant aching between shoulder blades

The last two weeks I've had chronic aching in between my shoulder blades and now in my lower traps. Originally I had a nasty trigger point in my rhomboids that I started feeling during rows (high rep seated cable rows during a UD2 depletion workout). I got a deep tissue massage recommended by my PT which seems to help after a few days. I could feel the ache especially during chins and rows. This went away and I've been pain free during lifting, but then I also found a few nasty trigger points in the infraspinatus on both sides. I've slowly been working those out with great results as I'm still lifting pain free.

But now I have chronic aching in my lower traps and between the shoulder blades. Are there any stretches or exercises that can help relieve this? I've added scap push-ups which seems to be helping, and constantly stretch my pecs and neck (stretches given to me by a PT a year ago). I also perform inverted rows with my bodyweight for general shoulder health, could it possible there's TOO much rowing during a given session?

For completeness I should add an orthopedic surgeon took a picture of my back, and you can clearly see my right scapula winging, it's better now but still isn't where the left one is. You can see my right shoulder is higher during exercises, like dips for example.

The best way to describe this is that it feels like it's very difficult just to stand and keep my shoulders back, creating a constant ache and burning in those muscles. Heat and trigger point therapy relieve some of this, but I'm trying to figure out the underlying issue to correct it.
Unread 05-12-2013, 02:58 PM

Also, I do sit at a desk for part of my day, but I'm always conscious of maintaining correct posture. Here's a picture of my back if it helps.