BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > About this forum: Read this first
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-14-2012, 11:38 PM

Default Resurrecting old threads vs. starting another one

Which would be less frowned upon on this forum, resurrecting old threads or starting a new one about the same topic?

It is my experience that some people get confused when old threads are rebooted and some are less likely to take part in the discussion because the thread is old. I'm not sure why. Perhaps the old threads have started to decompose! (I made a pun! Sort of! Not funny? Ok...)

Then there are those who's first reaction is to shout that "this has already been discussed" or "go search the forum" if you start a brand spanking new thread about the same topic.

I must add that these are my experiences from other forums, but they seem to be universal. This time I thought I would ask the preferences of the natives first.

I'm not talking about asking same questions that have already been asked and answered, but if there is something one wants to add to a discussion that has already been discussed, which method would be preferable to do so?

Thank you.
Unread 06-15-2012, 01:04 AM
Administrator

If there is already a thread and discussion about it, what purpose does rediscussion have other than to waste time and space?
Unread 06-15-2012, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
If there is already a thread and discussion about it, what purpose does rediscussion have other than to waste time and space?
None. Some people just don't like it when old or ancient threads are resurrected, stating that they have died a long time ago and should remain so. Hence the question.

Question answered and point taken. Thank you.

EDIT: I guess in this particular forum the thread would be closed if it was deemed dead and no more input was needed, which would make my original question redundant. In my attempt to not waste time and space I have done exactly that. Oops.

Last edited by Bunny : 06-15-2012 at 02:30 AM.