BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Recipes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-10-2017, 07:28 AM

Default Chicken Soup for RFL

This is my chicken soup recipe that has been the lifeblood of my RFL diet. The recipe is based off the serrano chicken one in the book; however, I have adapted it to be flexible. I'll add a picture soon. I greatly prefer soup because I can get all my protein, salt, and veggie intake in one nice big meal before bed.

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons of canola or olive oil
1/2 red onion
1 tablespoon of minced garlic
1/4 cup shredded carrot
1/2 pepper (Serrano, jalapeno, bell pepper etc.)
1 Day's protein requirement of chicken or lean pork
1-2 cups of chicken broth
Salt, Pepper, Basil (minimum) + Optional (adobe seasoning or chili powder or whatever)
2 cups of vegetables (choose between broccoli, cabbage, Swiss chard, etc.)

Step 1: Mince 1/2 onion, 1 tablespoon of garlic, a little bit of carrot, celery (optional), and 1/2 pepper (can be jalapeno, serrano, etc. adjust to your spiciness level or choose none at all) and saute in light oil for a few minutes on medium heat. You could also caramelize onion if you have the time and patience. Don't go crazy on the oil; keep it under 2 tablespoons. In a soup you won't be consuming all of the oil anyhow so don't worry too much if the serving size pushes you above the 20 gram requirement.

Step 2: Toss in 500 grams of chicken breast (or possibly a very lean pork). While your ingredients are sauteing, you can cut up your chicken in one inch cubes. This is equivalent to 150 grams of protein. Adjust this serving size up or down depending on your specific macro requirements.

Step 3: After all the pink has disappeared from the chicken (usually about 5-8 minutes or so), pour in chicken broth until the chicken is covered.

Step 4: Add in water until the liquid rises roughly 2 inches above the chicken.

Step 5: Bring to a boil. Add the following liberally: Salt (adjust as you see fit; I personally use a lot), Pepper or Peppercorn (roughly 1/2 tablespoon), 1/4 tsp of basil, Chili Powder (optional) or Adobe seasoning (optional) or any other seasoning. Mix it up here and try different seasonings but salt/pepper is usually the go to. I like to use a lot of salt; this is also a good chance to use your potassium salt if you need to up your potassium intake.

Step 6: Add a bay leaf. I consider this a requirement.

Step 7: Time for boiling is 2 minutes. After 2 minutes is up return the heat to medium. Cover your pan/pot and set timer to 20 minutes.

Step 8: In the last 5 minutes add in your vegetable base. You can pick 2 cups of any of the following: broccoli, spinach, cabbage, bok choy, swiss chard, etc. Point here is again to mix it up. I really like cabbage because it makes me feel full. I recommend bok choy if you're going with a very lean pork instead of chicken. You could also do 1 cup of 2 different veggies or what have you...

That is it. Enjoy. You should have chicken breast that is not dry and very flavorful. You hopefully will be surprised how easy it is to take down this amount of chicken.

Last edited by davidjr74 : 08-10-2017 at 07:41 AM.
Unread 08-11-2017, 06:17 PM

One modification: You can go without the oil. In RFL, I want to ensure I''m not eating extra fat. Just be sure to stir a lot to not burn anything. I tried today and noted no changes in taste.
Unread 08-19-2017, 05:13 AM
Banned

This is a good reminder of how good a chicken veggie soup can be on RFL. So tasty and delicious. Doesn't feel punishing.

I've used variations on different chicken soup recipes found on the forums. Here's one from ChampagneMami:

Quote:
Here's my recipe:
-TONS of water (I measure 2 bowls for one serving plus a little bit more that will evaporate while it cooks)
-Chicken stock
-120g diced chicken breast
-Spinach
-Spring onion
-Swiss chard
-Cilantro
-Celery
-5 Allspice berries
-Lime juice
-Hot sauce ---- yeah, this is a MUST.
Unread 08-22-2017, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
This is a good reminder of how good a chicken veggie soup can be on RFL. So tasty and delicious. Doesn't feel punishing.

I've used variations on different chicken soup recipes found on the forums. Here's one from ChampagneMami:
I like that the chicken is not dry and its easy to take down. I have eaten chicken soup for at least half of my RFL diet. I ate regular baked chicken and broccoli today and was dreading every bite.