BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Guide to Flexible Dieting
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-18-2014, 07:25 AM

Default Check my fat macro calculations please!

Im trying to set up maintenance macros for my mum. She is 65 kg with 33% body fat and her maintenance is 1,430 kcal. Based on your recommendations this works out as 100g Carbs, 71.85g protein, and therefore 82.5g of fat.

This seems a bit high for fat (52% of total calories) and goes against your own recommendations that fat should be about 20-25% of total calories (10-14 grams per meal). Am I doing something wrong? Thanks!
Unread 11-18-2014, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaGuy View Post
Im trying to set up maintenance macros for my mum. She is 65 kg with 33% body fat and her maintenance is 1,430 kcal. Based on your recommendations this works out as 100g Carbs, 71.85g protein, and therefore 82.5g of fat.

This seems a bit high for fat (52% of total calories) and goes against your own recommendations that fat should be about 20-25% of total calories (10-14 grams per meal). Am I doing something wrong? Thanks!
I haven't read the guide to flexible dieting, but assuming she will be exercising, her maitenance calories are too low. At 15 calories/lb (65kg=143lbs) her maitenance is 2145 cal/day.

At 33% BF, that leaves her with approx 95 pounds (43.2kg) of lean body mass. You could set her protein to 100g/day.

This leaves you with macros at 100g protein / 72g fat / 275g carbs for the day.

Hope this was what you were looking for.
Unread 11-23-2015, 07:38 PM

Hi! If she is "Sedentary" your calories are correct. But than the carbs do not make sense. Because according to the flexible dieting guide, she needs 0g of carbs- which would put her on a ketogenic diet. If she is lifting or doing some workouts or having an active job however, her maintenance does seem low.