BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Guide to Flexible Dieting
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-24-2008, 11:28 AM
Administrator

I didn't want to say it

Sarah (from the UK) tried to describe cricket to me last night, said that an individual batter may be at bat for 100 runs and matches last 7 hours+

gahhhh, as if 3 hours of baseball wasn't bad enough, where a route is a score of 2:0
Unread 03-24-2008, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
I didn't want to say it

Sarah (from the UK) tried to describe cricket to me last night, said that an individual batter may be at bat for 100 runs and matches last 7 hours+

gahhhh, as if 3 hours of baseball wasn't bad enough, where a route is a score of 2:0
True, and the English game of cricket is now the biggest game in India with valuations of few billion dollars. The Indian cricket board is the richest one in the world now. Players are making good money and many are dollar millionaires.

There are 3 day matches at the junior state level and 5 day test matches at the international level, where a batsman can sometimes score 200 or on the rare occasion 300 plus runs!

Then are are limited 50 overs one day matches.

But recently a new format called the twenty 20, meaning 20 overs a side which lasts only 3 hours has been introduced. It may be more exciting to the new viewer because it is a much faster game and has become very popular.
Unread 03-24-2008, 09:23 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKWs6sJApJE

Lyle these are video highlights a test match of India vs South Africa. This is India's greatest batsman, Sachin Tendulkar who inspires millions of kids to take up the sport, my son included. He is considered a genius as he started playing international cricket just before he turned 18 and is no doubt very special. Just 5 feet 4 inches tall but gifted with better neuro muscular coordination than most I guess. Sachin is also the richest cricketer in the world, and is probably worth in excess of 200 million dollars. He is 34 years old now and has quite a few international records to his name. Since this test match he has gone on to score more than 4000 runs in test match cricket, totaling more than 11,000 runs and another 16,000 runs in the 50 over one day format.

Last edited by flyingspur : 03-24-2008 at 09:33 PM.
Unread 03-25-2008, 10:52 PM

Default Measuring

How often can he check his weight? Once in 2 weeks or so?

He seems to have dropped 2 kilos in the last 10 days on the same Tanita digital scale.
Unread 03-25-2008, 11:26 PM
Administrator

you should be seeing changes every 3-4 weeks, you won't always seem them sooner than that (some do, some don't).
Unread 04-07-2008, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
you should be seeing changes every 3-4 weeks, you won't always seem them sooner than that (some do, some don't).
Looks like he has lost 3 kilos in 3 weeks and he is happy to see the result of his discipline. And the best part is he is not going hungry.
Unread 04-24-2008, 06:04 AM

Hi Lyle, He has dropped his weight by 3.9 kilos so far and inches have come off all over. Since he is 17, weight lifting and playing competitive sport, I guess the BMI chart for the general population does not really apply to him. So body fat would be better indicator. Are calipers the most reliable way to estimate body fat?

Last edited by flyingspur : 04-24-2008 at 07:03 AM.
Unread 04-24-2008, 10:21 AM
Administrator

a properly trained caliper operator can get awfully close to other measurements. it will give the most accuracy for the cost involved (e.g. compared to DEXA or waht have you)