BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > The Ketogenic Diet
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-19-2008, 03:51 PM

Default why not do lower monday and upper tues ?

I'm thinking that maybe a person should do lower body monday right after the carb load because I would think walking around, going up stairs etc in everyday normal activity on monday is going deplete the legs of glycogen somewhat. Why not work the legs when they got max glycogen to get the best possible workout ? I doubt that upper body has any depletion when just doing normal stuff - except possibly when lifting he weights to put on the squat bar if you do lower on monday which could be a problem.

Last edited by steviekm3 : 04-19-2008 at 03:55 PM.
Unread 04-19-2008, 06:48 PM
Administrator

edit: hang on, how about some more contet

what specific diet are you talking about and what kind of training (e.g. heavy vs. depletion)

I moved this to the ketogenic diet forum since I now think yo'ure talking about generic CKD's
Unread 04-19-2008, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
edit: hang on, how about some more contet

what specific diet are you talking about and what kind of training (e.g. heavy vs. depletion)

I moved this to the ketogenic diet forum since I now think yo'ure talking about generic CKD's
Hey Lyle, I'm asking about the standard one where you carb load half of friday and all saturday and then take sunday off and do heavy/intense on mon for upper body and heavy and intense on tues for lower body. Could you switch the lower body to monday and the upper body to tues or would this make no difference ? I'm thinking all the walking around on monday may deplete glycogen but maybe not as muscles also use triglycerides when doing very low intensity.
Unread 04-19-2008, 07:11 PM
Administrator

do you mean Bodyopus?

in any event, I think putting the heavier workout before the carb-load dn depletion work at the start of the week is far more logical