BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > The Ketogenic Diet
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 06-09-2008, 05:38 PM
evenbalance1's Avatar
evenbalance1 evenbalance1 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 43
Default ketogenic diet and inflamation of organs

Lyle, or anyone else:
is anyoen familar with dr perricone and his book: 7 secrets to beauty , health, and longevity. (ya its a very gay title).

Anyways, he basically states that all or almost all illnesses, diseases, aging stem from inflamation of the organs. he says this occurs because of increased insulin which would happen with sugars and cheap carbs like white bread or fries.

To cure this you take specific supplements and eat a very natural diet and very little sugar unlesss fructose.

Well i figured id state this book , bc/ it can help prove that the ketogenic diet or low carb diets are not only safe, but safer and add to the longevity of life.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 06-09-2008, 07:17 PM
lylemcd's Avatar
lylemcd lylemcd is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 22,641
Default

simplistic ideas of 'this is THE ONLY cause of disease' are invariably wrong
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 06-09-2008, 07:38 PM
evenbalance1's Avatar
evenbalance1 evenbalance1 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
simplistic ideas of 'this is THE ONLY cause of disease' are invariably wrong
i agree, he states almost all... its very interesting book atleast his philosophy. he is big time marketer now so you dont know if hes trying to be radically different and make a name for himself or if his ideas are the real deal. i know his supplement combos are sooo expensive.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 06-09-2008, 09:39 PM
lylemcd's Avatar
lylemcd lylemcd is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 22,641
Default

I've read endless books that all claim to have THE single cause of ALL human diseases

they are all idiots
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 06-10-2008, 06:33 AM
cbel413 cbel413 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
I've read endless books that all claim to have THE single cause of ALL human diseases

they are all idiots
Classic quote Lyle I luv it.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 06-10-2008, 10:21 AM
lylemcd's Avatar
lylemcd lylemcd is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 22,641
Default

I will say this: a good bit of work has identified inflammation as occurring secondary to obesity. it's possible that Perricone saw sme of hte early work and assumed it was dietarily related. and, of course, if you take all of hte junk and crap out of people's diets and they lose weight, the inflammation will generally get better

but it's more a function of the fat loss than anythign else
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 06-10-2008, 02:09 PM
Nigeepoo's Avatar
Nigeepoo Nigeepoo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Yateley, Hants, United Kingdom
Posts: 344
Send a message via MSN to Nigeepoo
Default

Would it be correct to say that the modern Western diet contains too much omega-6 relative to omega-3 EFAs which also contributes to inflammation due to the excessive production of series 2 relative to series 3 prostaglandins?
__________________
"You lost fat by raising calories. Because of magic and voodoo. Or leptin. One of those." McDonald L.

Blog
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 06-10-2008, 02:15 PM
david's Avatar
david david is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,502
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
I will say this: a good bit of work has identified inflammation as occurring secondary to obesity. it's possible that Perricone saw sme of hte early work and assumed it was dietarily related. and, of course, if you take all of hte junk and crap out of people's diets and they lose weight, the inflammation will generally get better

but it's more a function of the fat loss than anythign else
Darn! I was hoping my ibuprofen/cortisone cocktail would help me lose weight
__________________
"When I die, if there are no dogs in Heaven, I want to go where they went."---Will Rogers
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 06-10-2008, 04:54 PM
evenbalance1's Avatar
evenbalance1 evenbalance1 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 43
Default

david, stop suckig lyles cock. however, you are pretty good at it.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 06-10-2008, 05:07 PM
lylemcd's Avatar
lylemcd lylemcd is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 22,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigeepoo View Post
Would it be correct to say that the modern Western diet contains too much omega-6 relative to omega-3 EFAs which also contributes to inflammation due to the excessive production of series 2 relative to series 3 prostaglandins?
that's probably one of many factors involved
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.