BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-07-2018, 01:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1cked View Post
That'd be Greg "elite football players are drug free" nuckols.
A whiel back, HElms threw a paper at me that included like professional football players and other elite Olympic level athletes with an FFMI way above 25.

Who 'said' they weren't using drugs.

Ok.
Unread 10-07-2018, 02:18 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightCrow View Post
Oh good ol Hunky I could never forget him. Thought he could still gain slabs of muscle as an advanced natural and went on that GFH dreamer bulk. I wonder if he ever got lean again.
Yeah, I trolled one of his YT videos. He had gone from benching 315 at a lean 200 to partial board benching 315 at a lard 300.
Unread 10-07-2018, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcdonald View Post
Someone advanced should not be doing GBR so it's a moot point. It's an INTERMEDIATE program and I've never grasped what is difficult to understand about that.
Isn't it a good maintenance program ? I mean I can understand the point of doing specialization program to grow specific muscles, but when you're cutting / maintaining isnt the gbr a good idea event at advanced stages ?
Unread 10-07-2018, 03:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyromanXP View Post
Isn't it a good maintenance program ? I mean I can understand the point of doing specialization program to grow specific muscles, but when you're cutting / maintaining isnt the gbr a good idea event at advanced stages ?
I hate people who do this. I mean I hate them. Ok , I don't hate them b/c I don't hate anything. I simply detest this.

Clearly the conetxt of the original question regarding GBR and my original RESPONSE for advanced was
NOT IN THE CONTEXT OF DIETING.

Then you come along "But what about this totally irrelevant other context that nobody is talking about?"
Unread 10-07-2018, 03:55 PM

Hey I am very sorry, I did not think my comment was so annoying, I just wanted to be sure that it is ok to use GBR for this purpose.. I apologize
Unread 10-09-2018, 09:00 AM

It's been discussed a million times on here. The short answer is yes you can use it for dieting/maintenance -- cut volume/frequency, maintain intensity (weight on the bar).
Unread 10-10-2018, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcdonald View Post
A whiel back, HElms threw a paper at me that included like professional football players and other elite Olympic level athletes with an FFMI way above 25.

Who 'said' they weren't using drugs.

Ok.
https://insights.ovid.com/crossref?a...01412000-00002

This one I'm thinking? Average FFMI of 24.xx, which is pretty impressive 'naturally' for athletes that are <22 ... Consider than the elite naturals like Helms, Alberto, etc, are in that range after a decade of trying to get big. But these early 20 year olds are exceeding that without even trying. Ok then. The NCAA doesn't drug test so it very valid.