BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-31-2011, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tauren View Post
Keeping this vaguely on-topic for the thread, there are limits to how much exercise (weights and cardio) you should do on RFL. Not much more to say other than "read the book", because its very clearly laid out there.

If you have a set routine which you can't/won't change, RFL may not be right for you.

If you have a decent routine and can make it work with the reduced volume/frequency for RFL, that should be fine. Although you might just be over-complicating things for no real benefit.

If you want to ask more detailed questions, I would start a new thread.
I find 3x8 each body part to be about right. Full body 2x a week. I always put my free meal on day 4 and put workout #1 there. And I put my 2nd workout on refeed day. Works out perfectly
Unread 02-02-2011, 11:31 PM

Default Total Calories Question

Lyle,

I just began the RFLD this Monday, and so far, so good. I had some concerns with my total calorie counts. I am around 189 lbs LBM. As per the RFLD Calculator, I require 378g of protein/day. This comes out to around 1,500 cal/day. With 10g fish oil and 6g psyllium husk, this brings me up to 1,650. Adding minimal fats and carbs from chicken, fat free cheese, and egg white product, I am finding myself in the neighborhood of 1,850 cal/day. Does this sound about right? It seems like the majority of people in the forums and what is mentioned in the text bring up much lower numbers for total daily calories, so I want to make sure I'm not too far from home.

As I mentioned, so far, so good. I have dropped 4 lbs scale weight in the last 2 days. I just have my concerns that my total daily calories may be too high at this point.
Unread 02-03-2011, 09:02 PM

if you truly have 189lbs of lean body mass, and are truly category 1, then you have a pretty damn large amount of muscle. So you'd be way on the high side of calorie intake.
Unread 01-05-2012, 07:54 PM

I know the OP was a weirdo, but is there any truth to the immune system thing? Everytime I start PSMF, I end up getting a cold, albeit, I usually start in the winter.... hmmm....
Unread 03-13-2012, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smedleyamy View Post
Hi lylemcd,

No ,it is not right way to loss fat fast because the conversion of fat into glucose take place and it is utilize fully. Person whose fat lost rapidly feels fatigue early and have a severe headache.Itís taken almost as a matter of faith in the fitness world that slower rates of weight loss are superior to faster rates, that diets generating faster weight loss always cause faster rates of regain and poorer long-term results. Immune system and resistance power of the body decreases in that case. Daily Metabolism and blood circulation lowers down as a result many dangerous diseases occur.Fat loss is right thing but it should be decrease in gradual slow way. Natural loss of fat is good thing than Rapid fat of loss.

Thanks
Don't feel tired or any of things you mentioned. If you stick to the protocol you will maintain results. Immune system decreases with caloric intake? Do you know the relationship between longevity and caloric intake?

ANY REDUCED calorie diet will cause metabolic decline. I didn't know this was an "unnatural" way to lose weight. if you're losing weight, it's the "natural" way.
Unread 04-16-2012, 12:33 PM

Default Query

HI
I just wondered if anybody can give me some insight, I brought this ebook the other day and after using the calculator have found I need 227g protein a day, so 908 calories + fish oils, veggies etc (I'm 5'8, 68kg and 24%BF)

However I then realised that prior to this I had been attempting to eat at 1200 calories a day for extended periods of time and then ending up knackered and carb binging and piling on about half a stone, which is what made me want to try this method to undo my own stupidity.

Although I am starting to think I may have been under eating previously...If this is the case is this the right route for me to go down?

Ta for any insight anybody can give me.
Unread 06-25-2012, 03:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmcriminal View Post
Don't feel tired or any of things you mentioned. If you stick to the protocol you will maintain results. Immune system decreases with caloric intake? Do you know the relationship between longevity and caloric intake?

ANY REDUCED calorie diet will cause metabolic decline. I didn't know this was an "unnatural" way to lose weight. if you're losing weight, it's the "natural" way.
funny to see this here I just read a bunch of articles on pubmed saying that reduced calorie diets INCREASE logitevity and delay aging
for the person saying he/she has a cold take vitamin C it won't hurt as studies show it decreases cortisol and MIGHT (just might) increase your weight loss
Unread 06-26-2012, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgirl87 View Post
funny to see this here I just read a bunch of articles on pubmed saying that reduced calorie diets INCREASE logitevity and delay aging
for the person saying he/she has a cold take vitamin C it won't hurt as studies show it decreases cortisol and MIGHT (just might) increase your weight loss
Generally, reduced calorie diets reduce bodyfat levels and bodyfat percentages, causing positive increases in a lot of health markers, which causes longer, errr, longevity. Obviously there's a limit, (see concentration camps during WWII) but being lean is a good thing

Also beachgirl, I've been reading your posts over the past few days. Relax girl
Unread 07-23-2012, 03:28 PM

I hope this is the right thread for my question:

I just found this site today and am intrigued by it. I'd really like to buy some of your books. I just wonder which one would be the right one. Of course I would learn much from every book. I'm quite sure about buying the protein book, but I'm looking to buy a second one as well, to have some dietary guideline.

But Ultimate Diet and Stubborn Fat say in the description that it is for already low body fat.

A Guide to flexible dieting says in the description, that it should not be seen as a diet itself, but more like complimentary ideas.

Rapid fat loss seems good, but I'm not sure it's right as well, because I'm currently sitting at 84kg with ~18-20% Body Fat. With a goal of ~85kg with <10% body fat I have about 8 - 10 kg of body fat to lose, and rapid fat loss seems to be aimed at larger amounts of body fat loss.

I looked through various threads and tried to search but didn't come up with the right answers yet.

Thanks in advance
Unread 10-30-2012, 06:54 AM

Hi Lyle,

I've had great success using RFL and your generic bulking routine. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to incorporate them both by using RFL in the deload period of the bulking routine (i.e.) 12 days out of every 10 weeks. I know this would suit me adherence wise. Do you think this would be suitable for long term muscle gain or would it slow it down too much? i'm assuming that if protein is kept on the high side as recommended in the book, all LBM would be spared over 12 days? My only concern is going straight into bulk macros instead of maintenance after finishing it - but I bulk leangains style (30%/-10%) which makes me think it might be a good long term solution

Thanks for all your work,

Liam