BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-19-2017, 06:24 AM

I realize I'm one of the only ones posting here and I don't intend to turn this into a log or anything don't worry.

I don't see too much info on extreme rapid fat loss in the forum so maybe this can just be the thread for future use.

Just to update this I am beginning day 5 and decided to return to maintenance calories for a day. Intuitively this seems like the right thing to do so I don't risk LBM.

In addition to my intuition my hunger was RAVENOUS at the end of 96 hours exactly. I planned on doing another hour or two of cardio, some stretching, massage, and tanning but instead did a beeline for the grocery store.

I'm going to eat a lot of omega 3 fats, conplex carbs, fruits, vegetables, and lean meat along with my whey protein.

Tomorrow I will reassess but I'd like to get a weightlifting session in on day 5 and then try rapid fat loss day 6-10 with moderate cardio. (My job is quite active)

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=23215

Thank you Lyle. This website is a game changer once you understand the mechanisms behind fat loss/muscle gain.

Spun my wheels for years prior to finding this site.
Unread 05-23-2017, 08:29 AM

Damn, how did I miss this.

Did you record weight for each day on this? Curious...
Unread 05-24-2017, 11:56 PM

If you look through my log (linked in my signature) i logged a decent amount of info and before/after pics but not my weight each day. I carb loaded and drank as much water as I could before I started day 1 at 170 lbs even. At the end of day 4 I was 157.8 so a 12.2 lb drop from peak to trough. Over the next three days i ate at maintenance and my weight returned to roughly 160. I figure my true starting weight was right around 165-166 if i didn't carbload then drink as much water as possible. So roughly ~6 legit pounds in 7 days. I'd assume ~4lbs fat, ~2lbs muscle. Strength levels were down on day 5 workoutbut seemed to return fine by the power workout I did on day 7 or 8 (I forget which).

I'm not sure a daily log of weight would be all that telling though... the first night I came home i was like 161 because I'd done 30+ miles of cardio... then after depletion I don't think i was ever higher than 162-163 again. Seemed to lose about a pound per day after that pretty consistently and I definitely was getting daily visual results. I think Lyle and the study he cites are correct that your body continues to burn fat the next few days while you're eating around maintenance. My appearance was improving quite rapidly. I mean look at the before and after pics you can see right around my waistband a large puffy belly on day 1 and it's significantly less pronounced at the end of day 7.

Also note I was using yohimbine daily and dropped it after day 4, so water levels really could have lessened the last few days.

'm going to do another round shortly and I'll be sure to log it in more detail. I have an incredibly important financial exam on June 3rd so I am going to wait until after that.

I feel a minor issue in my knee like a mild sprain. Probably from using the leg press twice last week. Those machines just give r my knees issues. Its Just enough of a sensation that I don't want to perform any major amount of cardio until it's 100% which I figure a week or two should take care of

The diet is actually quite easy if you approach it correctly as its a very short time period and you sleep pretty hard with so much exercise and restricted calories.

I should note that this would be much more difficult if i still had a demanding 9-5 desk job. It's much tougher to restrict calories in an office than when you're up and moving. Seems somewhat counterintuitive but absolutely true in my experience.

Thank you Lyle. This website is a game changer once you understand the mechanisms behind fat loss/muscle gain.

Last edited by BEATMEOUTTAME : 05-25-2017 at 12:28 AM. Reason: A
Unread 05-25-2017, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEATMEOUTTAME View Post
The diet is actually quite easy if you approach it correctly as its a very short time period and you sleep pretty hard with so much exercise and restricted calories.

I should note that this would be much more difficult if i still had a demanding 9-5 desk job. It's much tougher to restrict calories in an office than when you're up and moving. Seems somewhat counterintuitive but absolutely true in my experience.
I have some comments about this part:
  • Sleep used to suck doing RFL. Current latest cycle I'm sleeping better though waking up frequently at night but dozing off. Not sure what changed this time but one thing in this last round is mostly shake-based.
  • I often use my home 'office' and so have made much use of the Fitdesk (see Amazon) but have seen others use treadmill desks on this forum. One great way to burn while you work.
Unread 06-02-2017, 12:43 AM

Out of curiosity, how long does it take you to walk 10 miles in a day? 15 miles?

I've been using walking cardio fairly often on RFL as long walks blunt my hunger and make me happy since the weather's been great... I'm walking for fun for about an hour at a good brisk clip 3-4x per week... I'm wondering how to estimate how far I may have walked.
Unread 06-02-2017, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadQueen View Post
Out of curiosity, how long does it take you to walk 10 miles in a day? 15 miles?

I've been using walking cardio fairly often on RFL as long walks blunt my hunger and make me happy since the weather's been great... I'm walking for fun for about an hour at a good brisk clip 3-4x per week... I'm wondering how to estimate how far I may have walked.
Yeah, loving the weather here too. Walked 9+ miles for the last two days. I got out for about 5 miles (hour and a half?) in the morning and then walk again in the afternoon.

If you have a smart phone you can get an app called Map My Run that uses GPS to get your distance.

Or use a wrist tracker. They aren't that pricey...got mine as a refurb for maybe $40 over a year ago. It has stopped syncing with my phone though. Pondering getting one with HRM just because it might be interesting.
Unread 06-02-2017, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holly70 View Post
Yeah, loving the weather here too. Walked 9+ miles for the last two days. I got out for about 5 miles (hour and a half?) in the morning and then walk again in the afternoon.

If you have a smart phone you can get an app called Map My Run that uses GPS to get your distance.

Or use a wrist tracker. They aren't that pricey...got mine as a refurb for maybe $40 over a year ago. It has stopped syncing with my phone though. Pondering getting one with HRM just because it might be interesting.

Ahh, good idea. I didn't know there were apps like that. I'm calculating I'm close to 4 miles per 60 mins each time I go out for a walk... Was curious to know for sure. I'll check into the app or a wrist tracker, thanks!
Unread 06-04-2017, 10:58 PM

I typically walk around 4 miles per hour but I'm 6'0, relatively skinny, and have a lot of experience walking distance. Id say most people are probably closer to 3-3.5 mph. 4 is a fairly brisk pace if you're walking a long way.

When I was doing the extreme challenge I went significantly slower due to the amount of distance involved, risk 0f injury, and my heart rate being much faster on yohimbine. Also, I wanted to be careful not to lose LBM and slow is the way to go for that. I averaged between 2-3.3 mph for RFL depending on whether I was pre, peak, or post peak yohimbine effects

Unread 06-27-2017, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEATMEOUTTAME View Post
Anyone else have any feedback on going straight into rapid fat loss at the end of day 4?

So far I'm managing quite well on the diet so it seems like a good opportunity to keep running it thru the RFL cat 1 cycle and just reduce the cardio drastically.

I can't seem to find any clarification on this.

I'm leaning towards a moderate approach where I increase fat slightly and give myself 50g carb or so just so I can lift weights. I'm scared once I reintroduce carbs at all I'll binge though. I have poor insulin sensitivity for certain.
I have wondered the same thing. I just read the Extreme Rapid Fat Loss & plan on starting Day 1 tomorrow. I'd like to do the Rapid Fat Loss for days 5-7. Then I'm not sure if I should repeat the Extreme Rapid Fat Loss & end that week with Rapid Fat Loss again. All of this until I'm at my goal...20 lbs to lose. Or should I do Extreme Rapid Fat Loss for 4 days then continue on Rapid Fat Loss for 2-6 wks (I'm category 2) before repeating another 4 days of Extreme Rapid Fat Loss??? Please help! Thanks in advance!!!
Unread 07-10-2017, 11:05 PM

Just focus on NAILING the first four days first. Reassess after that