BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-01-2018, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcdonald View Post
Clearly.

I asked them that early on: when will I see you implementing your 45 set woriouts...crickets

The problem being taht the Internet dips will implement this. And get hurt

And you know what bothers me even more than bad science like this

When people like Brad, Eric, James etc. deliberately DAMAGE the industry I've dedicated my life to. Just like Layne did explicit DAMAGe to dieters with reverse dieting, this crap will cause people to get hurt and overtrain because of their own agenda and little minds.

This.

This stuff really hits home for me because as a teenager I started doing a program called "Air Alert 2" which basically promised you'd be able to dunk if you did unbelievably high volume of leg work and jumping around the house.

Now it turns out I happened to have Osgood-Schlatters Disease and all this repetitive high volume jumping FIVE OR SIX DAYS A WEEK caused me to fracture my growth plate and tear my ACL... I have dealt with a lifetime of knee pain due to this program. I have so much pain in my lower body i can barely get out of bed... i played 3 sports in high school on so many pain medications it was crazy because it was the only way i could get through an entire game without feeling like death out there...

If i was an athlete coming along 5-6 years later than I did they would have probably put me on oxycontin and id have a full blown heroin addiction. Another problem brought about by LYING SCIENTISTS who purported bad science to make a buck and brought out about a national epidemic.

I despise lying scientists. I hope you take these idiots down. Somehow I doubt it and everyone pea brain moron out there will hurt themselves following this routine. Honestly, I dont even feel that bad for anyone who falls for this becasue there are plenty of reputable places to go for anyone interested in the truth these days.

Thats the best part about the internet. Its not just a place for people with tons of money. Anyone with $10 can host a website and put real information out there. Its up to the individual to seek truth and make up their own mind.

Think for yourself, question authority.

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=23215

Thank you Lyle. This website is a game changer once you understand the mechanisms behind fat loss/muscle gain.

Spun my wheels for years prior to finding this site.
Unread 11-01-2018, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcahuetej View Post
"According to Google Scholar, Brad has published about forty seven papers already this year. Thatís 5 per month since itís only September, most researchers do maybe 1 a year because that is how long data gathering and analysis usually takes."

I don't know what's more absurd. The amount of volume in the workouts, or the number of papers he's published.

I work in Biopharma, I don't think anyone publishes papers that frequently. Between research, study design, feasibility studies, protocol review/approval, having our in-house statistician perform data analysis, writing the report/paper itself, and then review/approval of that...there's just no way.

And I'm testing products and equipment, not people. Gathering the proper group takes time as well.

We're also a large company with a team behind us, and access to numerous resources. It sounds like he probably has a much smaller team and less resources.

I also laughed at one of the typos that said 55 sets for face pulls...I laughed because it might be possible it wasn't a typo based on his suggested volume...

It's barely realistic to type 5 cogent blog posts per month. This dude actually has the audacity to put his name on five PAPERS per month?

What in the world is going on here?

This guy is the "King of Volume"... nothing coming out of a guys mouth would surprise me that thinks I'm supposed to believe he's producing 5 papers a month?

How much methamphetamine does one have to be on? Is he working around the clock?

Get some sleep dude

Thank you Lyle. This website is a game changer once you understand the mechanisms behind fat loss/muscle gain.

Unread 11-01-2018, 04:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEATMEOUTTAME View Post
It's barely realistic to type 5 cogent blog posts per month. This dude actually has the audacity to put his name on five PAPERS per month?

What in the world is going on here?

This guy is the "King of Volume"... nothing coming out of a guys mouth would surprise me that thinks I'm supposed to believe he's producing 5 papers a month?

How much methamphetamine does one have to be on? Is he working around the clock?

Get some sleep dude
Well, when I first startd, I did 3 posts pe week on this site

But here's what is going on: he is having his name put on papers he has exactly nothing to do with. It's endemic right now and some guys aer being published even more frequently. I supsect he just asks guys he knows "Hey, put my name on yours and I'll put your name on mine" to bump the paper count. It's just another sign of a conman.

Here's an article titled
Thousands of Authors publish a paper every 5 days
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-018-06185-8

But if you pay close attention there is an apparently pattern between papers with

Him as lead author (the volume paper)
Him as anything but lead author. Always published from an out of the country lab where he has probably minimal involvement and just gets his name on it as part of a publishing circle jerk.

But no way is he directly involved in that many papers while
also: doing seminar all over the world while
also: teaching classes while
also: having had time to write his textbook while
also: having time to be on social media to defend bs

Not unless he has that time device from Harry Potter.
Unread 11-01-2018, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcdonald View Post

Not unless he has that time device from Harry Potter.
think we're finally getting to the bottom of this. that would also make 100 sets/week more doable.
Unread 11-01-2018, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loc View Post
think we're finally getting to the bottom of this. that would also make 100 sets/week more doable.
Maybe you can combine that with losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time with Menno's wisdom (just don't consume over 1.6-1.8g/lb or itll be oxidized and make you fatter-exact quote)

https://youtu.be/Ij58AX9JCio
Unread 11-02-2018, 04:19 AM

I think Im going to try his workout when I go to the gym this morning. Ive got something i need to do this afternoon though so in order to condense the 50 sets i think ill superset upper and lower body during the 90 second "rest" phase

Unread 11-03-2018, 01:15 AM

Yeah, agreed. I was also doing Air Alert when I was young and dumb. Haha.

By the way, did I somehow went through some weird wormhole that teleported me into alternative universe where BEATMEOUTTAME is actually capable of writing a meaningful post? I'm confused.
Unread 11-03-2018, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zLeeKo View Post
Yeah, agreed. I was also doing Air Alert when I was young and dumb. Haha.

By the way, did I somehow went through some weird wormhole that teleported me into alternative universe where BEATMEOUTTAME is actually capable of writing a meaningful post? I'm confused.
Probably clarity the comes with taking some time off obsessing over routines and diets and chilling out for a bit.