BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-14-2018, 01:17 AM

Default My yearly review of training for maintenance/barely training

Basically after much scepticism and some anxiety putting this in application.. Iíve concluded you can literally get away with the bare minimums and retain muscle.

This year had me shifting priorities. I was the guy who lived and breathed gym and nutrition and it really impacted my social life and it become more of a dictator rather than something to enhance my life. Anyway, I essentially just forced myself to lose the love for it. By that I mean I stopped tracking everything. Food intake. Weight in the Gym.. everything. I have a good understanding on nutrition so I knew what I was eating but mainly I just knew I was accountable for all the choices I made. As a result of this, Iíve had quite an amazing year. I went to the gym x2 a week lifting upper and lower with maybe x5 sets per body part per week. Iíve travelled south east Asia for 3 months within the year and there was no training involved. Maybe the odd push up every now and again but mainly a lot of activity through other means. Alcohol is firmly back in my life now as I love my nights out (within moderation of course) but the point here is Iím genuinely just living a Ďnormalí life without placing any emphasis on health and nutrition.. and in return I look the best Iíve ever looked and mentally itís helped me in so many ways.

I guess this post is really for those that have been or are going through something similar to me and I hope my experiences have shed some sort of light on the matter