BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Supplements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-15-2017, 11:10 AM

Default EC Between Clen Cycles

My apologies if this has already been discussed before, but I couldn't find a thread on the topic on this site.

From my understanding, ephedrine's short half life enables the beta receptors to resensitize, allowing it to be run for much longer than 2 weeks without a break. Clen, however, does not and must be cycled 2 weeks on/2 weeks off.

Will beta receptors still recover if EC is taken during the "2 weeks off" period before running another clen cycle?

Ex:
2 weeks clen
2 weeks EC
2 weeks clen
Unread 12-15-2017, 11:43 AM

I kinda wanna say ec hits the 1 2 and the atypical receptors whilst clen hits just 1 and 2. Guys who run it usually run ketotifen fumarate in the down time.
Unread 12-15-2017, 12:47 PM

I believe clen has something like a 100:1 binding affinity for b2:b1 receptors while ephedrine hits b1 and b2 relatively evenly. I don't think the reason you can do this (if you can, hopefully someone else chimes in) is necessarily the type of beta receptors hit, but the intensity and duration of the stimulation (clen stimulates b2 receptors with a much higher intensity with an extremely long half life while ephedrine is more mild with a shorter half life). Ketotifen fumarate "cleanses" b2 receptors (not sure what that even means lol) to keep them sensitive to clenbuterol, effectively allowing it to be run up to 8 weeks straight. I'm just curious if one was not going to run keto if the b2 receptors would recover adequately over a 2 week period during which ephedrine was used.
Unread 12-17-2017, 10:04 PM

Clen is a direct b1/b2 agonist. it also has a ridiculously long half life.

Ephedrine doesn't directly bind with b1/b2 receptors - it mediates the release of additional epinephrine/adrenaline in the brain and bloodstream - so ephedrine is indirect.

once your b1/b2 receptors are shut down hard from clen the EC mediated increase to epinephrine/adrenaline have little to dock with.
4. Use google as well - Add "site:lylemcdonald.com". Google can find those short strings of letters.
5. You are not a rodent so follow up with pubmed (http://pubmed.org) use "+human" "-rat" "-mouse" modifiers
6. Check the STICKY threads.
7. use google to find all my posts.
8. Supplement evidence
9. Private message are cheerfully ignored.
Unread 12-18-2017, 11:53 AM

Thanks for the response. So basically, you won't see the normal benefits of ephedrine following a clen cycle, correct? But would using ephedrine inhibit the beta receptors from returning to normal function as quickly as without using ephedrine post cycle?