BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Supplements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-04-2017, 11:48 AM

Default Electrolytes on keto.

I don't understand and can't find any information on how electrolytes in body work. Whats their function in body, where are they located and so on. How long are they in body on normal diet and how long on keto. How does body regulete them? Is it same for body to let say for example get 100mg of potassium or 500mg of potassium becouse it can regulate absorbtion. How does this work?
Unread 01-04-2017, 11:57 AM
Administrator

YOu really can't find any information on them on the Internetz

Then you must not have looked very hard
Unread 01-04-2017, 12:25 PM

That doesn't explain how it would work on keto. Let's assume body is depleted of electrolytes, then I supplement with them. How long do they stay in body? 2 hours, 5 days? What if I don't take any electrolites for 10 hours on a hot day and workout? Is it just as simple as to take them when feel bad or should you take them throughout the day?
Unread 01-04-2017, 01:27 PM

Don't get caught up in the specifics here. The only thing you really need to know is that keto flushes water out of your body. This requires you to up your water intake. This dilutes your blood, causing the concentration of each electrolyte to drop. Exercise (through sweating) can further this electrolyte depletion. If you're following a ketogenic diet, do this:

5g sodium
1g potassium
500mg magnesium

Every day. Feeling tired/sluggish? Probably dehydration or electrolyte imbalance. Take more electrolytes (usually sodium from my experience) if this is the case.
Unread 01-06-2017, 10:28 AM

What I wanted to know is more like how precise do you need t obe with how much sodium/magnesium/potassium you have in you diet and how much of it you add. Does you body regulate it so well that if you just get any significant amont of let say potassium at any time during day it's perfect. Or is it more that you need to take potassium all day so there is no peroid that body is flushed out of it. Is it ok to just add electrolytes when feeling bad?