BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > UD 2.0
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-21-2013, 04:43 AM

Default Newbie to UD2.0

Hi everyone,

I'm sitting at 15 % bf level and am starting the UD2.0 diet tomorrow. I've read so many positive reviews from people with bf levels higher than mine and I'm really pumped up! I'm actually carbing up RIGHT NOW so that I can start tomorrow.

One question though: I've changed the days in a way that I could carbup on Saturday and sunday and then powerlift on monday. 11th of May could be a holiday here due to elections (UGH) and since that's a saturday I wanted to ask how I could go about the carb up that week. Please let me know. Thanks

P.S- Lyle, if you read this I just wanted you to know, you're an inspiration to me!
Unread 04-21-2013, 08:54 AM

Btw do you guys think I'm at a level where I can start UD2 ? Please do give your opinions.

recent.JPG

Edit- and what's my bf level? Do respond please guys.
Unread 04-21-2013, 09:10 AM

Hi, I'm starting the program too!!!! We could do a joint log together if you want.

You look like 15% like you said. How do you start the program with a carb up? Loads of carbs as preparation for the depletion right?
Unread 04-21-2013, 10:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmraja89 View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm sitting at 15 % bf level and am starting the UD2.0 diet tomorrow. I've read so many positive reviews from people with bf levels higher than mine and I'm really pumped up! I'm actually carbing up RIGHT NOW so that I can start tomorrow.

One question though: I've changed the days in a way that I could carbup on Saturday and sunday and then powerlift on monday. 11th of May could be a holiday here due to elections (UGH) and since that's a saturday I wanted to ask how I could go about the carb up that week. Please let me know. Thanks

P.S- Lyle, if you read this I just wanted you to know, you're an inspiration to me!
UD2.0 will benefit you if you just DO THE PROGRAM. Your psyched to start and that's great because you will definitely need that motivation during the depletion workouts and low-calorie days. HOWEVER, you have never done it before and your already screwing with it. Bad idea.

Anyways, if one of your days isn't working then move the cycle forward/backward so the days fit. That is, if you can't train on Saturday then start the cycle on Tuesday so that the tension workout comes Friday night with your carb-load rest day being Saturday and Sunday has power workout.
Unread 04-21-2013, 11:43 AM

UD2 is pretty awesome, but it's a lot like an abusive spouse: You're thinking "why am I even doing this?" during the depletion workout, and then when it's time to eat and subsequently you see the results in the mirror, you think "this is the best program ever". Of course, once the next week starts, you go back to cursing yourself again.
Unread 04-21-2013, 12:17 PM

Default Just do it

How does a holiday interfere with your carb up? Just load up on the groceries the day before (or couple days) and you should be just fine... I carb up using very simple food groups:- rice, root vegetables, waxy maize. Just simple carbs are relatively easy to put together so you should be fine.

I would eat most of the carbs towards the night esp if its election day cauz you don't want to be groggy/sleepy all day. Caffeine on carb up days is not suggested as it interferes with glycogen stores? Anyway that's my two cents. Not gonna lie you're probably gonna feel sore during depletion days, but the carb-ups are awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmraja89 View Post
Hi everyone,

Unread 04-21-2013, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pohc View Post
UD2 is pretty awesome, but it's a lot like an abusive spouse: You're thinking "why am I even doing this?" during the depletion workout, and then when it's time to eat and subsequently you see the results in the mirror, you think "this is the best program ever". Of course, once the next week starts, you go back to cursing yourself again.
I LOLED at the spouse bit but I'm excited to start! Powerlifting tomorrow. Let's see how that goes. What's so gruelling about the workout though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranay View Post
How does a holiday interfere with your carb up? Just load up on the groceries the day before (or couple days) and you should be just fine... I carb up using very simple food groups:- rice, root vegetables, waxy maize. Just simple carbs are relatively easy to put together so you should be fine.

I would eat most of the carbs towards the night esp if its election day cauz you don't want to be groggy/sleepy all day. Caffeine on carb up days is not suggested as it interferes with glycogen stores? Anyway that's my two cents. Not gonna lie you're probably gonna feel sore during depletion days, but the carb-ups are awesome.
Hey,

No it's NOT ABOUT THE GROCERIES. It's about the fact that I won't be able to do the depletion workout THAT DAY. What do I do then?
Unread 04-22-2013, 12:28 AM

Your lean enough to start. Goodluck OP, you're in for quite the ride. It will be well worth it after your UD2.0 run and you'll be admiring lyle even more... It's pretty easy after the first couple of weeks... You don't realize how tough the diet is until afterwards when you start eating normally lol

Dieting for 3.5 days of the week isn't tough at all.. the workouts are the tough part IMO. The depletion after the carb up is pretty enjoyable cause your in for a hell of a pump in addition to your new lean state... the power workout most don't look their best because of all the water weight from the carb load. oh man.. lifting on no glycogen stores for the day 4 tension workout is pretty brutal, feels like your demolishing your body.
Unread 04-22-2013, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsaken3400 View Post
Your lean enough to start. Goodluck OP, you're in for quite the ride. It will be well worth it after your UD2.0 run and you'll be admiring lyle even more... It's pretty easy after the first couple of weeks... You don't realize how tough the diet is until afterwards when you start eating normally lol

Dieting for 3.5 days of the week isn't tough at all.. the workouts are the tough part IMO. The depletion after the carb up is pretty enjoyable cause your in for a hell of a pump in addition to your new lean state... the power workout most don't look their best because of all the water weight from the carb load. oh man.. lifting on no glycogen stores for the day 4 tension workout is pretty brutal, feels like your demolishing your body.
Haha, thank you for the reality check! I'm looking to take on a challenge though and I've done CKD before so I'm okay with the diet. I'm looking forward to the workouts though!! :P

Btw, is Milk allowed on UD2.0 on Saturday?
Unread 04-22-2013, 08:24 AM

Okay, so, to anyone who reads this:

I started the program with a carb up that I did yesterday (was on high protein before so was didn't need to go over the 2 week maintenance thing). I just did my power workout though I don't really feel tired as such. Well, not yet. And I went quite heavy on all the weights!

Is that okay? Is that normal?