BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Supplements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-28-2015, 12:02 PM

Default Bromo log

Read the book 3 times now and i'm finally sold. Will be running this for an indefinite period, more or less untill i reach my goal of 10%. I don't use a scale to gage progression, i can't remember the last time i used it. I suffer from scale dysmorphia and get very anxious when i don't see the number i expect. But i digress.. here are my current stats and supplements i will be using.

-5'10
-170lbs (best guess)
-13-14% BF

-2.5 bromocriptine ED dosed in the morning. Lyle states you won't need more, but i'll determine if or not that is the case with me after the first few days.
- EC x3 a day
- Fish oil, multi, zinc, magnesium, b6, b12, d3
- green tea extract (had some lying around)

Contemplated throwing in low dose DNP, but its hot as hell here at the moment and i just cant be dealing with the additional heat and lethargy. I'll see if i decide to throw it in towards the end, probably not.

Diet wise - Going for a flexible RFL kind of protocol, where i'll essentially just hit high protein numbers and not stress about the salads and tag along carbs and fats. Ideally, i want to eliminate it all, but meh.. lifes too short. I'll assess at the end of every week if or not i need a refeed. The Bromo will probably negate the need for one.

Training - x3 full body. Nothing special. Using GBR as a template, hoping to maintain or get stronger with all of my lifts.

So yeah, essentially in a nutshell - 13-14% trying to get to 10%.. Bromo and RFL being the main tools in my arsenal... EC to counteract all the lethargy... Lets get the ball rolling.

If anyone has any critiques/suggesstions, PLEASE do post in the thread and not hesitate. I'm very open to hearing the thoughts of more experienced members in the group. I will try and stay on board with this log as well as i can. I tend to slack with stuff like this, purely due to motivation purposes having gone off the rails in the past.
Unread 06-28-2015, 12:26 PM

Hey, keep us posted! I'm interested to hear your results. I'm doing a very similar diet to you. Not exactly RFL, but very much alike.

Good luck. I'm planning on getting the bromocriptine book now
Unread 06-28-2015, 12:54 PM

> PLEASE do post in the thread and not hesitate.

OK. You were way over 13-14% in your last pic. Maybe 20%.

What's going to happen is you will diet, still look flabby after a few months, then blame everything (bromo, etc.) you took while dieting.

Accept it's going to take many months to get lean and it's going to be very hard getting to 10%.

Get to 10% bodyfat first while lifting weights heavy 3x a week with reduced volume. Two weeks maintenance. Bulk up slowly (1 lb weight gain per week max), focus on getting stronger, measure body composition changes often.
Unread 06-28-2015, 03:51 PM

i was around 16-18% last pic. Since then i've dieted very aggressively and made quite significant progress. Will post pics soon
Unread 06-29-2015, 12:22 PM

Day 1 -

Dosed 2.5 an hour into waking, along with all of the supplements listed. Felt weird a couple of hours later. Slightly nauseus, but that subsided a while after. In terms of appetite, not much to report. I think i noticed a slight blunting but that could have just been placebo. Will be interesting to see how the combo of EC and bromo do in terms of appetite suppression in the coming days/weeks. In terms of overall feeling, my mood is good.. However, the side effects have hit me it seems. I'm currently going through a mild headache right now and its pretty annoying lol.

Daily cals - 1300

Last edited by Taytay100 : 06-29-2015 at 12:27 PM.
Unread 06-30-2015, 04:02 PM

Day 2 -

No side effects today. Im not someone that determines a drugs effectiveness based on side effects so in that regard, i won't increase the dose just yet. I do feel however, the EC could be the prime factor as to why i'm not experiencing the stuffy nose or light headedness others have claimed EC does when stacked with bromo to mitigate sides. I can relate to myles where he's stated in a few threads the lack of desire to finish a meal or 'put the fork down' so to speak. I've always had a bottomless pit. Probably one of the reasons why i've never maintained a decently lean physique. It seems that bromo is working when it comes to determening what 'true' hunger really is. Don't get me wrong, if i wanted to, i could smash down pounds of food with ease on bromo.. but the urges haven't hit me just yet. Staying at 2.5 for now and will assess if or not i need to bump it up in the coming days.

Cals for today - 1400-1500
Unread 07-01-2015, 05:30 PM

Day 3 -

Encountered the hottest day of the year so far today in london at a whopping 35 degrees. I'd hate to imagine what it would be like if i was running DNP on top of this deficit right now, I'd literally be a walking furnace. Anyway, i digress. Didnt really feel much in terms of appetite suppression. A 2.5 mg dose might not be for me so i'll most probably increase to 5 tommorow and see how i get on with that, atleast for a few days anyway. EC seems to have run its coure with me. I don't really get much from it anymore. I think its time to just cycle off for an extended period of time then reintroduce it when i stop bromo. I've been on it far too long. My lifts are staying the same which is quite encouraging, however i am getting rather fatigued early into my workout. Might invest in a low carbish drink and sip on it throughout to replenish some needed needed energy for my future workouts. All in all, decent day and comparable to the first two. Ate around 1300-1600.
Unread 07-02-2015, 04:45 PM

Day 4 -

First day at 5mg and wow did i feel it. It was such an unusual feeling to say the least. A mixture of lethargy, nausea and a few rounds with flloyd mayweather. My appetite has pretty much subsided with this stuff, but for some reason i crave sugar a few hours after my dose, which is pretty odd. Its almost like a DNP craving. When that goes however, my appetite is completely blunted which is what i like to see with this stuff. Another noticeable benefit i can report is the sudden switch in mood i've been experiencing. I feel very upbeat during the day, i cant tell for sure if this is 100% the bromo but it would be interesting to compare how i am without it and take note. I think 5mg is my sweetspot and i shall be staying here for the coming weeks.

Also on a side note - I never experienced the 'puffyness' which others have seemed to report. No sign of water retention either. Infact, i think its safe to say i look slightly leaner on my 4th day, but that could just be my mind playing tricks on me. I'll take it either way. Diet wise i hit around 1400 calories
Unread 07-03-2015, 10:17 PM

Day 5 -

Yeah, i cant deal with that weird phase of nausea mixed with a sickly hallucinating feeling you go through at 5mg. I feel terrible and the appetite suppression along with overall well being isn't that different compared to a standard 2.5 dosing. I think i'll just stick with that from now on. What i can say about the appetite for me personally is, it doesnt just magically prevent you from thinking about gauging food. I could still probably do some serious damage with this stuff, its just it allows to stay focused on other aspects of the day rather than what im going to eat. Food is at the back of my mind for the most part and sometimes i even forget to eat. Any time you are below a setpoint, dieting will be rough and maintaing that will become an uphill battle. Doable, yes.. but difficult for the most part. Im not near this point yet but i guess its important facing reality and 'preparing' myself for the future