BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-11-2010, 02:27 PM

ephedrine+caffeine, go.
Unread 10-12-2010, 08:17 AM

That'd help w/fat loss and maybe with appetite suppression, but how would it help make me less spacey and less irritable?

Re-read the setting up the diet chapter and don't think I was getting 3-5g of sodium. Thought that taking care of potassium, magnesium, and calcium would let sodium take care of itself.
Unread 10-12-2010, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thombrogan View Post
but how would it help make me less spacey and less irritable?
Plain ol' stimulant power.

Crack cocaine works too.
Unread 10-12-2010, 10:11 AM

Thanks, easyrhino. Snorting and smoking are out because I sing, but I'll see if stimulant goodness helps w/the next go round. The caffeine by itself, when taken in large amounts makes me really grouchy, though.
Unread 10-19-2010, 02:39 PM

How long have you been on RFL? If you've just had your first free meal, it sounds like you're in your first week.
Depending on the individual, it can take k couple of weeks to adapt to the lack of carbs.
As for the other poster mentioning dizziness, when I've experienced that it's been down to a lack of electrolytes. I've rectified this by putting a dose of lite salt in my casein shakes as well as on my meals! It might not taste too good in an unflavoured one though!
Unread 10-20-2010, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
How long have you been on RFL? If you've just had your first free meal, it sounds like you're in your first week.
Depending on the individual, it can take k couple of weeks to adapt to the lack of carbs.
As for the other poster mentioning dizziness, when I've experienced that it's been down to a lack of electrolytes. I've rectified this by putting a dose of lite salt in my casein shakes as well as on my meals! It might not taste too good in an unflavoured one though!
Thanks very much for your thoughts on this issue.

I was in my first week when this was written. Right now I'm on a targeted ketogenic diet because I'm less spacy and cranky on a low-carb/high-fat diet than when I tried a low-carb/low-fat diet. Of course, with all of the extra calories, fat loss is much slower, but everything has its price. Also, I started RFL right while changing to a more challenging position at work, so I was being dumb timing-wise before I was even feeling dumb diet-wise. Will be back to RFL and plan for that to be after Thanksgiving.

Light salt in casein didn't work so well for me, palate-wise, but it might go well with chocolate peanutbutter-flavored MPI.

Thanks again!
Unread 10-20-2010, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrhino View Post
ephedrine+caffeine, go.
This. I couldn't imagine RFL without them (and also why Lyle talks about it in the book).
Unread 10-20-2010, 12:09 PM

I initially tried RFL in the Summer. It was a heatwave here in England and it just got too much. I felt dizzy, tired, grouchy, short tempered and constantly ravenous!
I bumped up the lite salt and that helped with the dizziness but gave up a couple of days later. I was fighting all the time and in a bad mood! I eventually cracked by eating four protein bars!
I tried again when it was cooler, with the lite salt, magnesium and calcium tablets and felt much better.
You just have to decide what's more important to you, rapid fat loss or how you feel. Some people naturally tolerate it better than others.
The results can be fantastic but it's an individual.choice!
Unread 11-12-2010, 09:43 AM

Default Who cares, but still!

Had my first can of albacore since going from RFL to Fairly Slow Fat Loss yesterday afternoon and started feeling a bit like I did when on RFL. So my harebrained assumption is that I just don't do well with tuna as my primary protein source.

Now that I know that... A local grocer is selling 10 pound bags of boneless skinless chicken breast for $15. Yay, fate!

Also learned that daikon radishes have 9 grams of sugar and starch per 12oz serving so they're a free food if used for practicing goofy garnishing skills.

And if a huckabucka chicken and fun w/making veggie cups and ocean waves doesn't work, I've found the federal guidelines for my OTC asthma medication has a 3.6g/day 9g/month limit. And if that doesn't work, Fairly Slow Fat Loss isn't so intolerable if done with 2-3 high carb/higher cal days revolving around workouts. It just isn't rapid.
Unread 03-25-2018, 06:46 PM

Default Necro update: It was the electrolytes

Gave RFL a four-day bout last week - it was supposed to be ERFL, but I didn't get my steps.

Used both the salt shaker and the Lite Salt shaker more heavily than before (also used torkey instead of tuna) and was remarkably lucid and uncranky.

"I knew you before you knew you had hands" ~Tracey Brogan