BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-16-2014, 09:57 AM

Default Knowing how much Lyle "loves" CrossFit...

Apparently, CrossFit does more than damage people's bodies and cause physical injuries. It also causes damage to basketball courts hosting their events now as well:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...sketball-court

I thought of Lyle when I saw this today so I figured I would share it. I share Lyle's loathing of all things CrossFit.
Unread 09-16-2014, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxguinea69 View Post
. I share Lyle's loathing of all things CrossFit.
Is that actually his stance in the first place? I thought it was more a matter of the point that doing a bunch of random stuff doesn't ever make you really good at any one thing...aside from completing said random workouts.
Unread 09-16-2014, 01:39 PM
Administrator

Crossfit is a stupid cult that hurts people. IF it were just irrelevant and did no harm, I wouldn't care. But it is actively injuring and damaging people and I can't abide by that.
Unread 09-28-2014, 07:46 PM

It seems to have raised awareness about weightlifting and got more people into the sport at least, which is nice - some of them are pretty good at it too, e.g. the chick that won the Games this year (Camille LeBlanc-Bazinet) has a great chance of going to Rio in 2016 with team Canada, although I'm not sure if that's a damning indictment of the quality of the full-time lifters or not. They're paying Klokov to go round the world teaching people as well, which I envy... just a shame about the elitist attitude/kipping everything/majority of the programming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gAOmEUhs6I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQhaZA_Fglo
Unread 09-28-2014, 09:24 PM
Administrator

Hooray, so one success story. And how many sent to the hospital.
Unread 09-29-2014, 07:47 AM

Elite CF'ers don't really count anyway I suppose since 99% of them are defectors from other high level athletics who either didn't make it to elite level or saw the earning-potential v.s. their own sport - they didn't get to the top doing CF.com's WODs for years.

One thing I've noticed these days with CF is as the franchise has expanded, what is considered 'CF' is getting looser and looser - there doesn't seem to be as much requirement to follow .com's WODs and some gym's (e.g. Kirksman who runs LiftHard) are pretty good. Diamond's in the rough though, I guess.
Unread 09-29-2014, 08:24 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziltoid View Post
Elite CF'ers don't really count anyway I suppose since 99% of them are defectors from other high level athletics who either didn't make it to elite level or saw the earning-potential v.s. their own sport - they didn't get to the top doing CF.com's WODs for years.
This is indeed the case. CF has yet to produce an elite athlete. Some elites crossover and CF claims them.
Unread 09-29-2014, 09:14 AM

They keep trying:

http://joshsgarage.typepad.com/Cross..._Timeline.html
Unread 09-29-2014, 01:25 PM

How are people making money from CrossFit other than opening a gym? Are these sponsored athletes posting photos on Instagram turning it into revenue?
Unread 09-29-2014, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickone View Post
How are people making money from CrossFit other than opening a gym? Are these sponsored athletes posting photos on Instagram turning it into revenue?
Similar to BB'ers - sponsoring from CF-friendly supplement/clothing companies and other 'lifestyle' stuff (all CF-approved) and obviously doing well in the Games as the reward money has skyrocketed the last few years. Not sure if they do other competitions with monetary prizes as well.

They get paid to go round the country/world doing seminars as well, at least the 'faces' of CF anyway.