BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-26-2018, 06:16 AM

Default Day 4

Today's weight: 148.5

Yesterday's nutrition: fasted all day for a 48 hour total fast; large filet mignon steak with chimichurri and sautéed peppers and zucchini for dinner. So not sure of macros but definitely keto-friendly at at a caloric deficit.

Woke up kind of dehydrated. I did a workout yesterday and spent some time in the infrared sauna at my gym, so even though I feel like I drank a lot of water, that explains that. Interested to see the scale down .5 after still eating a big dinner last night.

My plan for this week is to stick to my frozen keto meals and do a strict 16:8 with a 24 hour fast from Friday night to Saturday night. My lowest weight so far this month was 146 and would love to get back down there by the end of the week.

Stats: Female, 40, 5'7
2018 Starting weight: 162.5
Ultimate goal: 125

Last edited by yupisaidit : 02-26-2018 at 06:34 AM.
Unread 02-27-2018, 06:12 AM

Default Day 5

Today's weight: 148

Yesterday's nutrition:

Lunch - 535 (Fat, 39g; Protein, 36g; Carbs 5g)
Dinner - 4 pieces salmon sashimi; 3 handrolls with no rice, no sauce (1 eel + avocado, 1 shrimp + avocado, 1 yellowtail + avocado)

IF: Lunch at 1pm; finished eating by 8pm (16:8)
_____________________________-

Really wanted to know my exact macros for yesterday but had dinner at a sushi place. Was easy to stay keto (I never realized you could get hand rolls without rice and boy, is it a game changer!).

Four pieces of salmon sashimi is only 160 calories so I'm going to assume that I did because the only thing in the handrolls besides a small amount of avocado and raw fish was a scant amount of some kind of terayaki sauce on the eel. I'm guessing I came in under 1300 though which was my goal.

As for my longer term goal of 139 by the end of March, I'm realizing that's pretty ambitious but I so want to get there. In retrospect, I wish I hadn't been so lax about February's macros and hadn't taken so much time "off" because this month looks pretty baseline. I have a wedding the first week in April so I have a mini-deadline to get me back on track. To be honest, getting to 143 would be the lowest weight I've gotten to since I had my son almost 6 years ago so even that would be exciting. I might try a OMAD (one meal a day) approach to today (dinner) depending on how I feel at work.

Last edited by yupisaidit : 02-27-2018 at 06:15 AM.
Unread 02-28-2018, 04:40 AM

Default Day 6

Yesterday's nutrition

Calories: 1012
Fat: 79
Protein: 59
Carbs: 10

I did yesterday OMAD style. I worked from home so it was easy to wait till dinner. I had one of my frozen keto meals, plus some supplementary olives and sausage.

Woke up dehydrated today with a slight headache. Kind of disappointed to see the scale not back at where I left off pre-break but hopefully will get there soon. I have a work lunch today where I have to lead a discussion with white boards and stuff and it'd look weird not to eat but maybe I'll try just having a larger lunch and skipping dinner today.

My next mini-goal is 143, my lowest weight in almost 7 years.

Unread 03-01-2018, 05:40 AM

Default Day 7

Yesterday's nutrition:

Keto frozen meal; greens with 6 oz chicken and olive oil + string cheese.

I ate lunch as part of my workshop. I wasn't able to weigh what I ate or measure anything so I have no idea if I hit my macros but at this point I'm able to estimate serving sizes and I'm confident in saying I came in under 1300.

I woke up dehydrated again today and at the same weight as the past few days. Kind of bummed I'm not back down to the 146 and my app says my average weight has gone up and I've gained 1.5 pounds over the past 2 weeks. With that acknowledged, I'm looking ahead and know that if I stick with another strict 3 weeks before my next mini-break (going to make it much shorter than I did last time; more like a weekend and not a week) I'll see results.

Going to the gym tonight. I'll eat lunch today and might fast the rest of the day. By the time I get home from the gym it's almost bedtime, and often my appetite is suppressed after working out anyway.

Unread 03-02-2018, 07:28 PM

Default Day 8

Today's weight: 146

Yesterday's nutrition

Calories: 1137
Fat: 86
Protein: 61
Carbs: 20

Workout: low effort lifting

Woke up feeling dehydrated again, and with a slight headache. Had some muscle cramps and feel like my electrolytes are unsurprisingly off.

I'm trying to drink a magnesium drink ("natural calm") before bed and add extra salts here and there due to not eating any processed foods/eating low carb. I have potassium supplements but since I took too much of it and threw up about a month ago (I mean, I think that's what happened, not sure) I've been wary of adding it to anything. I should be trying to eat 10 cups of bitter greens a day but that's just not happening.

It was nice to see 146 today. Makes hitting 139 not seem that insurmountable by the end of the month. I'm not sure what my plan is for today.

Unread 03-04-2018, 07:51 PM

Default Day 9

Weight: 146

Nutrition:

Keto, maintenance calories or more? (sashimi for lunch; dinner -- slow cooked pork; prosciutto; manchego; almonds; vodka + club soda)

Workout: heavy lifting

Fasted: 23 hours from lunch the day before to lunch the day of

Friday's Nutrition

Calories 575
Fat: 41
Protein: 36
Carbs: 5

On Friday I had my keto meal for lunch, then wasn't that hungry for dinner so had some dark cocoa powder with about a tablespoon of cream and went to bed fasted. I knew I had a bunch of social things this weekend so wanted to give myself a bit of a break in advance.

Was surprised to wake up the same weight after going to bed with barely anything in my stomach but I'm also in the ovulation phase of my cycle which brings water retention.

Last edited by yupisaidit : 03-04-2018 at 08:07 PM.
Unread 03-04-2018, 07:55 PM

Default Day 10

Weight: 146.5

Nutrition: Who knows?!

I had told myself I wasn't going to drink for 4 weeks but a spontaneous dinner party happened (at my own home) and I ended up drinking with my guests. I stuck to zero carb drinks and had a few over the course of the evening. Nothing outrageous but I woke up with a headache and low energy. I really wish I hadn't had the drinks! I ended up eating breakfast though I'd normally fast, and I also didn't need the extra calories because I had a big family birthday event to attend.

I had ham there which had been cooked with pineapple and a glaze. I avoided the pineapples and tried to avoid the glaze, but it was kind of hard. I skipped any drinks or cakes but ate a ton of ham. In fact, my appetite was more prevalent than I can remember. Not sure if it was the hangover headache from the night before, the eating breakfast when I normally don't, the fact that I'm ovulating right now -- really can't tell.

I do know the scale will be up a few pounds tomorrow from this weekend. Hoping to shed the weight again and get more serious. I need to stay focused on logging here and getting back to knowing my macros as much as possible.

Unread 03-05-2018, 06:09 PM

Default Day 11

Weight: 148

Nutrition: Keto < 1300

Ate: Feta salad with chicken at work lunch; decided to fast till lunch tomorrow so just having <50 calories worth of chicken broth.

Had to eat a work lunch out so didn't have one of my frozen keto meals but I can't imagine my feta salad with chicken was over 700 calories all combined. Decided to fast until tomorrow at lunch to try and ease up on what was a maintenance or plus weekend calorie wise.

Would love to see 144 by the end of the week (Friday).

Unread 03-06-2018, 09:16 PM

Default Day 12

Weight: 147

Today's nutrition

Calories: 530
Fat: 39
Protein: 43
Carbs: 6

Fasting: One meal (lunch)
Workout: Yoga

Unread 03-07-2018, 07:52 PM

Default Day 13

Weight: 146

Today's nutrition:

I decided to fast, starting at around noon yesterday, so only had a bit of bouillon today (about 30 calories; 3 carbs) and some unsweetened hot chocolate (about 30 calories).

Feeling a little hungry but fine. I've done a bunch of OMAD and a couple of 2 day fasts before and have been pretty much keto/16:8 so this doesn't feel like a stretch. I haven't really fasted during the workweek though so we'll see how tomorrow goes. It does feel odd not to eat while my son is having dinner I make him but that's why I had my "soup."

Not sure if I'll make this a 48 hour or 72 hour fast. It'd be cool to go to 72 hours but we'll see how I feel tomorrow.