BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-29-2015, 07:34 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by squat View Post
Well, it's not winter.
But the weather, and amount of sunlight is changing in fall, now isn't it?

And anyone who has dealt with seasonal depression knows that this starts before winter is in full force.

Anybody who has not and who is talking out of heir butts does not know this and perhaps should keep their opinions on a matter they don't understand to their damn selves.
Unread 10-29-2015, 09:51 AM

Yeah, I always start to slip in autumn with the stress of school and the change in weather, then I start to do things that make things worse and form a deadly positive feedback loop. Things get bad in autumn, but they get truely awful in winter when it's dark by 5PM. Canada is the worst, I just want to run away to the tropics or something.
Unread 10-29-2015, 07:05 PM

Scrap my last question about why cardio sucks, lol!

What form of cardio is your preference, Lyle?
I've been running for a good few years now and as much as I find it improves my mood, I would like to change it up a little bit I think.
Unread 12-30-2015, 08:55 AM
Administrator

Bipolar Recovery Year in Review
Unread 01-02-2016, 06:36 AM

Default bipolar 1 / Reizüberflutung/( opposite of sensual deprivation )

I have had Orfiril ( long probably ), bad idea, weight loss, permanent sinusitis
Quetiapin Seroquel prolong ( forgot US nomenklatur, extensive or so) ( no serum plasma level could be measures, so it's a sleep aid just for me, metabolized quickly during night )
switched to Lithium, nice deal
subtherapeutic level reached with normal dose of aripiprazol
discussed other medications and so on
lithium and sports?
Unread 01-05-2016, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcdonald View Post
I just read through all your Bipolar posts. Hell of a journey, and great to hear you maybe not so much beating this monster, but managing it day to day. Because that's what it's about in the end. You can never really "beat" a mental illness, just cope with it. I have depression/anxiety/adhd/ocd and try and take it just one day at a time.
Unread 04-15-2016, 10:20 PM

I was diagnosed a year and a half ago, after almost 20 years of misdiagnosis which lead to a bunch of meds which made things worse. It completely destroyed my career, strained personal relationships and almost cost me my life, but things are looking up. Glad to see there is a thread about this issue, it's a difficult one for many to understand.
Unread 10-28-2016, 07:53 AM

Talking

I was diagnosed bipolar 13 years ago. After countless meds and countless hospitals.. Keto+anti-inflammatory+meditation has me managed with a higher level of functioning than meds ever did. I feel cured most days. It's only been a few months but I've got an opportunity to have a life I only could dream about.

I don't know what in doing exactly these days but I'm just trying to be as healthy and self directed as possible. I suppose you could call this part of recovery.

Anyways, I love everyone that would bother to read a thread like this. If you are struggling, are approaches beyond meds thst will work for some.

To Lyle in particular: thank you for being out about the bipolar. I literally need role models of individuals who struggle like this. Burning bright and having passion and being prolific are super admirable qualities

Be well everybody.
Unread 11-02-2016, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
But the weather, and amount of sunlight is changing in fall, now isn't it?

And anyone who has dealt with seasonal depression knows that this starts before winter is in full force.

Anybody who has not and who is talking out of heir butts does not know this and perhaps should keep their opinions on a matter they don't understand to their damn selves.
Thanks for writing these articles sharing your experiences and for bringing awareness to mental health Lyle! I've had major depressive disorder and panic disorder since I was a kid, and yeah in the fall and winter it gets significantly worse every year (and I live in the northeast).

As an aside, my wife is Bipolar, so as you can imagine our house can get quite 'nutty' at times between the two of us haha!