BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-05-2017, 11:52 AM
Administrator

Post Introduction to Dieting Part 1

Main site
Unread 01-06-2017, 08:36 AM

Nice.

I've been having coffee and grapefruit everyday for awhile now. But it is only because coffee is life, and grapefruit is delicious and in season.

Found a couple of spots where maybe a word is missing/extra?

Quote:
People start to miss the foods that are off-limits and, as frequently as not, making a food off limits makes people want it that more.
Quote:
Quite in fact, people frequently justify eating more of the diet approved foods.
I make more dumb typos than ever myself; blaming age for that, or maybe mom brain. The ones that bug me the most are when I get the wrong word choice....your for you're kind of thing. Because I know better, so what the heck?

And you don't have long to fix them around here, so I spotted plain instead of plane way after the fact and I still think of is sometimes.
Unread 01-06-2017, 09:33 AM
Administrator

If you're not going to show me what corrections you think should be made, don't waste my time.
Unread 01-06-2017, 03:14 PM

Sorry, thought they were apparent. Not trying to waste your time; just know that it can be hard to spot errors/discontinuity in your own writing because in your mind it is right.

Quote:
People start to miss the foods that are off-limits and, as frequently as not, making a food off limits makes people want it that more.
Would add "much"...want it that much more; or drop "that"...want it more.

Quote:
Quite in fact, people frequently justify eating more of the diet approved foods.
Would drop "Quite"...In fact people frequently justify eating more of the diet approved foods.

Or keep "Quite" but rework it...People quite often justify eating more of the diet approved foods.
Unread 01-06-2017, 03:31 PM

Print him that.
Unread 01-13-2017, 02:16 PM
Administrator

Part 2
Unread 01-15-2017, 05:29 AM

Great article. There's a clear distinction between a rigid (all or nothing) and a flexible approach. What about people who are somewhere in between?

Personally I'm very rigid towards the deficit part. If a deficit is required, I will go all-in. However, I'm very flexible towards the surplus part. If a surplus will happen (e.g. social event, cravings, whatever), I will make 'smart' choices and don't let it all go to hell.

Typos:

Quote:
At the same time, in the modern environment, the a majority of people[...]
Quote:
The distinction between the two is critical as rigid restraint (or rigid approaches to dieting) represent one of the single most damaging approaches[...]
Quote:
Individuals with rigid dietary eating attitudes tend to be tend to be heavier[...]