BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-28-2017, 03:18 PM

The key to good moist chicken is simple. Brine it.

Throw your chicken in water with about 1/4 cup of salt for at least an hour if you forget more will not cause problems. Then I cook it how I want it. Fried in a pan, on a grill or my personal favorite Sous Vide. I don't go as long as the previous poster. I am about 140 for 1.5 hours. Brining it's better the first day, next day or any day.
Unread 04-29-2017, 12:30 PM

Boneless skinless breasts: stir-fried with veggies with some light sauce added at the end, usually served over rice

Various bone in/skin on pieces or whole chickens: slow cooker or roasted in the oven
Unread 05-09-2017, 08:43 AM

Chicken breast. 7-10 minutes, on a basket, in a pressure cooker. So tender it shreds with a fork. Shred it all up sprinkle liberally with half salt. Not dry at all. I'm not fond of cooking and lots of prep.
Unread 05-10-2017, 07:20 AM

I'm a big fan of the crockpot for chicken. I Throw some combination of veggies, peppers, beans, eggs, quinoa, olive oil, and spices in there depending on my macros at the moment.

When I'm doing rapid fat loss I will rub a small amount of olive oil on chicken breasts and cover them in jalapenos, Anaheim, or red Fresno peppers. Then a dry run. Then wrap them in aluminum foil and throw them in the oven. This protects them from drying out.

Finally, the prepackaged small marinated breasts do well on the foreman grill.

There different methods gives you enough flexibility to run a nice 8-12 week cut.

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=23215

Thank you Lyle. This website is a game changer once you understand the mechanisms behind fat loss/muscle gain.

Spun my wheels for years prior to finding this site.
Unread 05-10-2017, 10:41 AM

i lived off of this chicken recipe on my RFL run - http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showt...exican+chicken

i cooked 2 lbs at a time and was good for 4 meals.
Unread 05-10-2017, 02:42 PM

Here are a few decent recipes/guides I've used for chicken. Don't just stick with these though... look through cookbooks or search around on Google and find something you think you'd like.

Whole chicken in crock pot: https://www.100daysofrealfood.com/re...n-a-crock-pot/

Some notes: the spices this recipe call for makes an excellent chicken. If you're short on time or for whatever reason won't stock up on basic spices, you can use seasoned salt instead (or just salt and pepper.)

Also, I actually think this recipe is better without adding the chopped onion at the bottom of the crock pot. This is an odd suggestion because I think most meat/vegetable recipes are better with the addition of some onion or garlic, but the problem with adding an onion to a slow cooker chicken is that it if you leave it on too long, the onion overtenderizes things and the whole chicken can fall apart. It holds up better without the onion.

pros of crock pot chicken: super easy to prepare, hard to screw up, convenient as long as you prepare it 4+ hours before eating, end up with what is essentially chicken broth at the end that can be used with other cooking

Roasted chicken: http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-roas...-kitchn-108002

Pros of roasted chicken: Also easy to make, but does require you pay more attention as there's a delicate balance between making sure the leg and carcass meat are cooked through without overly drying the breasts. Also, this is very flavorful-- crisping the skin gives it a dimension that you simply can't do in a crock pot.

Stir-fried chicken: http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-stir...-kitchn-171737

Pros of stir-fry: Makes boneless skinless breasts actually taste good, without adding calories beyond the base ingredients and a small amount of oil. Ready in a fairly short amount of time (start rice, prepare meat and veggies, stir-fry meat and veggies, serve over said rice.) This specific recipe does call for a lot of ingredients, some of which are not necessary, but the technique is the important part (short cooking time with dry-ish ingredients on high heat in a steel pan.)

Last edited by AlphaBettor : 05-10-2017 at 02:45 PM.