BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-13-2017, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivetissimo View Post

Never tried sumo...hmm...though I have considered trap bar deadlifts (but I travel a lot and it's hard to count on finding a gym with those bars).
Sumo can be beneficial depending on how you're built. Just something you have to try to see how they work for you. They're easier on my lower back, personally. If you're not a powerlifter, I would see if you can sumo without too much of an wide stance. A little outside of your hands can still work well for hypertrophy. Trap bar is another compromise that may be suitable for you.

Additional compromises would be rack pulls, which still hit the back and posterior chain pretty well, and RDLs, which always give my backside a good workout. Neither of these take as much out of me as conventional DLs. But then again, you probably won't get the same stimulus as conventional.

I'm currently doing a training block with just rack pulls and RDLs for a break. I'll go back to full deadlifts for my next training block, and I doubt I'll have lost much. It's all about compromises and seeing what works for you and is sustainable.