BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-19-2017, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1cked View Post
Don't take as a slam dunk # most likely it'll be a tad higher. When you can see a 4 pack and the navel fat seems pinchy and the skin seems a little deformed when you pull it, that's when YC+fasted cardio will work.
I am already seeing outlines of the upper 4 abs, or am I halucinating?
Unread 05-19-2017, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkord View Post
I am already seeing outlines of the upper 4 abs, or am I halucinating?
Don't take it too literally. It's simple, you're just not lean enough for funny business to start mattering. I'll be the first to tell you when you are
Unread 05-19-2017, 09:37 AM

SFP is for contest prep, you should have no problem losing fat at your current state with just calorie deficit. Consider using it once you got veins popping out of your shoulders, legs and chest.
Unread 05-19-2017, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPecsPeter View Post
Don't take it too literally. It's simple, you're just not lean enough for funny business to start mattering. I'll be the first to tell you when you are
Thanks.
For the sake of not Opening an extra Thread but i have somehow Started hating high Protein diet. I simply cannot Chew down 200 g of Protein without Relying heavily on Shakes. I simply do not enjoy forcing down Protein at Every meal. I have observed though That when I just eat what I like, that is follow an actually enjoyable diet I Mostly easily hit 130 g Protein Minimum and Can easily stay in a Nice deficit. To put it more simple, anything beyond that intake I have to Force Feed at a calorie intake I currently am at, 2000 cal daily. Really dont know how to Go about this, making the deficit enjoyable or less painful but not losing stupid amounts of muscle. Sorry for the typos, my Phone is Crazy.
Unread 05-19-2017, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Thanks.
For the sake of not Opening an extra Thread but i have somehow Started hating high Protein diet. I simply cannot Chew down 200 g of Protein without Relying heavily on Shakes. I simply do not enjoy forcing down Protein at Every meal.

Really dont know how to Go about this, making the deficit enjoyable or less painful but not losing stupid amounts of muscle. Sorry for the typos, my Phone is Crazy.
Best I can offer is search it out. Thinking you already know the usual eggs/meat/dairy. You can make fluff or "pancakes" with protein powder if you aren't up on that.

Other than that read labels. I will read packages and go with what has more protein.

I usually just have a pattern of eating and stick with it.

Recently switched from deli meat w/a half ounce of cheese, tsp. of spread on toast to deli meat on a wrap w/laughing cow cheese. Saved 100 calories and has 2 more grams of protein.

Also switched from Greek yogurt w/fruit to Quark and saved 60 calories and picked up an extra 2 grams of protein.

4 grams of protein isn't much, but freed up/saved 160 calories a day.
Unread 05-19-2017, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Thanks.
For the sake of not Opening an extra Thread but i have somehow Started hating high Protein diet. I simply cannot Chew down 200 g of Protein without Relying heavily on Shakes. I simply do not enjoy forcing down Protein at Every meal. I have observed though That when I just eat what I like, that is follow an actually enjoyable diet I Mostly easily hit 130 g Protein Minimum and Can easily stay in a Nice deficit. To put it more simple, anything beyond that intake I have to Force Feed at a calorie intake I currently am at, 2000 cal daily. Really dont know how to Go about this, making the deficit enjoyable or less painful but not losing stupid amounts of muscle. Sorry for the typos, my Phone is Crazy.
The answer is as you said: shakes. If you can't do it without, then you do it with. Plan the rest of your diet around it.
Unread 05-19-2017, 08:53 PM

how can anyone here not have already accepted/ deduced by logic and practical reality that your gonna need at least 2 x 30g protein shakes/day for the rest of your life plus your food to get anywhere near your macros. (unless your a small female, or a rich with a personal chef)

Last edited by Hectic : 05-19-2017 at 08:58 PM.
Unread 05-19-2017, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectic View Post
how can anyone here not have already accepted/ deduced by logic and practical reality that your gonna need at least 2 x 30g protein shakes/day for the rest of your life plus your food to get anywhere near your macros. (unless your a small female, or a rich with a personal chef)
Yeah, the practical reality being that protein supplement sellers have a business to run and they and others​ have successfully convinced folks that they need double the protein they REALLY need or else their muscles will fall off. It's too funny.
Unread 05-20-2017, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raquel130 View Post
Yeah, the practical reality being that protein supplement sellers have a business to run and they and others​ have successfully convinced folks that they need double the protein they REALLY need or else their muscles will fall off. It's too funny.
You've missed the point.

We're talking about simply reaching the standard 1g per lbs body weight, let alone anything greater than that. Lyle has oftentimes recommended 1.5g per lbs in LBM when on a diet.

But sticking to the standard stock maintenance/bulking recommendation of 1g per lbs, when you weigh upwards of 170lbs that becomes a lot of protein eating to keep up with. Potentially expensive too.

What Hectic is saying here is that, in the long term, for many people the only workable way of keeping that up will turn out to be a couple shakes a day to supplement their protein intake from food.

And you know what. Smaller people eat less. And I've found a number of instances where women were struggling to consume as much as even 100g protein in solid food form.
Unread 05-20-2017, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPecsPeter View Post
You've missed the point.

But sticking to the standard stock maintenance/bulking recommendation of 1g per lbs, when you weigh upwards of 170lbs that becomes a lot of protein eating to keep up with. Potentially expensive too.

What Hectic is saying here is that, in the long term, for many people the only workable way of keeping that up will turn out to be a couple shakes a day to supplement their protein intake from food.

And I've found a number of instances where women were struggling to consume as much as even 100g protein in solid food form.
TIA. And I've been trying to be "good". Protein every meal and snack. Random recent day:

4 oz. ground turkey 22 g
4 oz. lean ham 20 g
3.5 oz. pork chop 28 g
170 g quark 14 g
Quest bar 12 g

96 g protein, picked up 10 more from veggies & coffee