BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-24-2014, 08:01 PM

If I were to split up the Monday and Tuesday glycogen depletion workouts for UD2.0 into two a day type workouts, would I be defeating the glycogen depletion purpose of the workout?
Unread 10-24-2014, 08:19 PM
Administrator

Volume is the key to depletion so no. I'm not sure I really see the point unless it's just to keep the workouts shorter or something.
Unread 10-29-2014, 08:01 PM

Two-A-Day Training in the Weight room is all within the context of a maintenance or surplus phase correct?
Unread 10-29-2014, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberto View Post
Two-A-Day Training in the Weight room is all within the context of a maintenance or surplus phase correct?
I would assume so since the article specifically mentions only strength or hypertrophy.
Unread 11-05-2014, 11:31 AM

lyle would it make sense that increased recovery can come from actually a differnt split in volume but more overall? For example, 20 sets in one workout just may leave you smoked and burnt out for the rest of the day. But split up with two a day training and increasing volume together leaves you feeling better able to do more volume then cramming so much in 1 session. Basically even though you did more volume the way it was split didn't allow you to feel burnt thus, better recovery?
Unread 11-05-2014, 11:31 AM
Administrator

Recovery isn't about how tired you 'feel'.
Unread 11-05-2014, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
Recovery isn't about how tired you 'feel'.
Then how would you define recovery if its not about performing at an optimal level because of being tired? If ones tired then performance would then suffer. I thought that volume and nutrition affect ability to recover. Thats why when dieting recovery is impaired from less calories and when in a surplus volume can be increased and recovery is therefore better from more food?
Unread 11-05-2014, 03:41 PM
Administrator

There is recovery between sets, between workouts, and between days

Short-term recovery between workouts in the sense of increasing training quality (as discussed in the article) may be improved with twice/day training but long-term if volume is still too high you still won't recover.
Unread 05-04-2015, 04:47 PM

Default Deload with 2 a days and active recovery

Lyle ,if someone were already taking part in 2 a day training but was going into a deload can they still use two a day training as active recovery? Focusing on mobility and flexibility and weak point work through certain movements? Or is this to much work to recover and let fatigue dissipate and possibly super compensate?
Unread 06-23-2015, 01:02 PM

Default reduce two a day training or stop all together when dieting?

if one is doig two a day training when bulking say 3-4 times a week and then starts to cut understanding that volume should come down would it be best to reduce to 1 two a day training session right away or stop all the two a day training sessions for the duration of the cut and stick to there 1 day session? or would reducing some in both be more wise?