BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
Unread 01-02-2015, 01:04 PM
Administrator

We all need cyberminions, don't we?
Unread 01-02-2015, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
This last one is omething that I sort of addressed in the piece I wrote: I don't really have a social circle. well I do but it's all virtual people. I work at home, don't go out, no social circle so you live in your head all the time and and crazy. ONe of the things I'll be actively addressing when I get back to Austin.
Gym people? I don't know your gym but in mine there's always someone who's up for socializing and not only the psychos.
It might be a lil difficult if you've got a reputation, but it could be the opposite, getting to you just because it's Lyle and he knows things.
Admitting problems is an appreciable step, addressing them too, but please don't turn into an honey glazed Lyle. The gruff version wasn't so terrible, if the receiver could stand his ground.
Unread 01-02-2015, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Glad to hear that and hope you have some luck.

A resource site taht was recommended to me was

dbsalliance.org

Lot of resources for this.
the Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance url link is munged in your post (the text is correct, its just the link that 404's).
4. Use google as well - Add "site:lylemcdonald.com". Google can find those short strings of letters.
5. You are not a rodent so follow up with pubmed (http://pubmed.org) use "+human" "-rat" "-mouse" modifiers
6. Check the STICKY threads.
7. use google to find all my posts.
8. Supplement evidence
9. Private message are cheerfully ignored.
Unread 01-02-2015, 03:23 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbmir View Post
Gym people? I don't know your gym but in mine there's always someone who's up for socializing and not only the psychos.
It might be a lil difficult if you've got a reputation, but it could be the opposite, getting to you just because it's Lyle and he knows things.
Admitting problems is an appreciable step, addressing them too, but please don't turn into an honey glazed Lyle. The gruff version wasn't so terrible, if the receiver could stand his ground.
I tend to find most gym people kind of boring. IME they are sort of JUST gym people and that's all they want to talk about. We'll see.
Unread 01-02-2015, 04:49 PM

Good luck to you Lyle. And as others have said, don't get too warm and fuzzy.
Unread 01-02-2015, 05:43 PM

Default A lot of courage...

Lyle,
Just a quick note of encouragement. I've long respected your knowledge but even more importantly your ability to think analytically and objectively. I greatly appreciate your natural ability to filter, condense and then teach information.

But the point is, I do think that you have the grit, intelligence, and objectivity to do this thing. I now respect you as a person even more than as an expert I follow in this field.

That said, God bless and thanks for not only being here to help us but now also to inspire us.
Unread 01-02-2015, 07:36 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by farrenator View Post
Good luck to you Lyle. And as others have said, don't get too warm and fuzzy.
I am seeking balance. Somewhere along hte line I went from "Being rude to people who deserve it" to "Being rude for the sake of being rude." It's the second bit I need to do away with.
Unread 01-02-2015, 10:06 PM

Lyle just read your post.

Appreciate the apology

I always tell my clients and people I know to check out your website and forum for information but am always a bit leery since I know you can lash out at people sometimes on certain questions.

Makes me feel a bit more comfortable with passing this on now that you posted this.

Maybe now you can get back writing some great material we all can benefit from. because you sir...

Are one of the top people in this industry.

Thank you

Take care
Unread 01-03-2015, 04:51 AM

Quote:
I tend to find most gym people kind of boring. IME they are sort of JUST gym people and that's all they want to talk about. We'll see.
Ain't that the truth. What the hell could possibly be more tedious than hearing about somebody's DOMS?
Unread 01-03-2015, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Trust me I've thought about that for years. A controlled low level hypomanic state would be AWESOME. I don't know if it's possible.
Would it be the type of thing that would seem less effective over time, as you'd just get used to it and it kinda becomes your new baseline? Maybe not right away, but say 5 years straight, with no lows to every contrast against.

Or does it always feel awesome no matter what and no matter how long you've been in the state?

Good luck with everything. Love your writing and the podcasts you've done.

Last edited by dbp : 01-03-2015 at 05:06 AM.
Closed Thread