BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
Unread 05-30-2015, 10:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
You are incorrect on so many levels with the above. And those that don't end up obes are NOT included in the statistics on who succesfully loses and keep if off. Neither do drugs have anything to do with it. There' a ton of data on what successful losers do and do not do, habits and such. And NONE of it has to do with what you wrote.
You don't think that individuals who go from obese to reasonably lean (working definition of reasonably lean debatable) for the long term don't usually resort to either OTC or prescription drugs whether anorectics, stimulants, hormones, etc.?

I'd agree that drugs aren't necessary for losing weight for many people, but keeping it off and not becoming a yo-yo dieter? Did you have specific data in mind? I'm definitely interested in it because concomitant anecdotes all lead me to believe my assertion, which is that people typically turn to drugs to sustain their weight loss (even if just consistent caffeine consumption most of the day), but obviously the plurality of anecdote isn't fact.
Unread 05-30-2015, 10:35 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeTrain View Post
You don't think that individuals who go from obese to reasonably lean (working definition of reasonably lean debatable) for the long term don't usually resort to either OTC or prescription drugs whether anorectics, stimulants, hormones, etc.?
Ah yes, now you actually define what you mean by drug-user. Because by not defining it up front you got to choose your definition (Could be steroids and clen) to be 'right' no matter what I said. Idiot.

And given that most of the world uses drugs on a daily basis, what's the problem here? Obesity needs chronic treatment and I bet you took drugs today you judgmental dip.

Screw off.
Unread 06-01-2015, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBearBits View Post
I want to disagree. A book like this is a safe place, away from all of the misinformation thrown about. It's much easier to point someone at one single comprehensive book, rather than handing them a 20 page long list of legitimate articles and information sources and telling them to go to town.
Don't send them a 20 page long list of articles and information sources send them one or two of the most important articles, once they've read them (which the probably won't) discuss it with them then send one or two more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losername View Post
The main problem with articles isn't really misinformation, it's the lack of linearity a book has. Go read an average article and you're pretty much left with something half-baked that probably has limited effect in the practical world. Read a few and you'd be hard pressed to combine them all together into a coherent diet plan.

And this is where the misinformation part comes into play, although in the paradox form of "the more you know, the less you realize you know".
Don't send people crap articles, problem solved. There is like a 87.6% chance Lyle has a quality article discussing whatever nutrition or exercise topic you may want to share with someone, just send that. heh
Unread 06-01-2015, 01:31 PM
Administrator

Or don't bother. Unsolicited advice is just that. Wait for them to ASK you for help. Otherwise you are wasting your time.
Unread 06-01-2015, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
Or don't bother. Unsolicited advice is just that. Wait for them to ASK you for help. Otherwise you are wasting your time.
I only send people articles when they've asked for information, they still usually don't bother reading. Hah
Unread 06-02-2015, 11:33 PM

Well there be new info not yet discussed on the forum or in the articles?

I'll buy it just for an interesting read and to learn more about fat loss, biology, etc.

Get to 10% bodyfat first while lifting weights heavy 3x a week with reduced volume. Two weeks maintenance. Bulk up slowly (1 lb weight gain per week max), focus on getting stronger, measure body composition changes often.
Unread 06-03-2015, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostmyoldaccount View Post

I'll buy it just for an interesting read and to learn more about fat loss, biology, etc.
I'll buy it to learn more about women. I read a lot of books about what it means to be a woman, though.
Unread 06-03-2015, 06:36 AM

Squat - just look for Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner's upcoming book.

Sorry for the aside, back to the topic at hand............

Quote:
Originally Posted by squat View Post
I'll buy it to learn more about women. I read a lot of books about what it means to be a woman, though.
Unread 06-03-2015, 07:33 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostmyoldaccount View Post
Of course not, I'm writing a 225+ page book entirely on women's physiology that is stuff that you've seen before.
Unread 06-08-2015, 04:26 AM

i showed the example to my girlfriend and she cannot wait for this to be released, because lately she has been having problems with loosing weight despite having her diet in check.

and yes i will also read it just so i can say something about the topic ;-)
Closed Thread