BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-20-2017, 07:03 PM

Thanks again, AlphaBettor. Yeah, I'm still in deficit, seeing more fat loss in the mirror, and hope to hit 68 kg (150 lbs) on March 6th. We'll see after that.
Unread 03-06-2017, 01:33 PM

Today's weight: 67.85 kg (150 lbs) !

It's going according to plan.

I've realized that being previously untrained without significant lean body mass, there is no point chasing a very low body fat. However, I'm extremely satisfied with my work and how I look / feel, and I know that I can still make progress. It's just that the classic "shredded" look can't really be there without the needed muscle.

That said, I estimate my journey will end sometime next month, in April, with (hopefully) a final weight of around 62-63 kg. After that there will be several weeks of maintenance, preparing for a carefully controlled, slow / lean bulk.

Ten new photos under this link: http://imgur.com/a/Q8Vrx
Unread 03-06-2017, 05:40 PM

Nice progress.

You might think about posting those in the body fat % thread. I don't know if you really need to lose another 12-14 pounds.

Not saying you can't, just notice that you have some vascularity in your arms and your upper abs are starting to show.
Unread 03-06-2017, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holly70 View Post
Nice progress.

You might think about posting those in the body fat % thread. I don't know if you really need to lose another 12-14 pounds.

Not saying you can't, just notice that you have some vascularity in your arms and your upper abs are starting to show.
Thanks.

You know, I get my body fat estimates from various sources and then sort of use an average, or what makes most sense to me. For what it's worth, I also posted some older photos in that thread you mention, but it wasn't addressed.

Regardless, I think around 13% BF is where I'm currently at. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

All my fat tissue is noticeably becoming thinner, but there's literally a circle around my belly button that is moving slower than everything else. Lower belly fat goes last in most cases, so I guess that is to be expected.
Unread 03-07-2017, 11:04 PM

Great results. Congratulations.

Stop dieting though. LBM time. Don't prolong deficit another couple weeks. Just get to maintenance and resume lifting.
Unread 03-08-2017, 05:11 PM

Came back for more inspiration. Was not disappointed.

Comparing your current state to your before pictures gives me a lot of hope.

It looks like you never had man boobs. And you've gone from seriously unattractive to attractive. Do you feel good about yourself? Do you notice any benefits / utilities with respect to how people treat you?

I'm down to ~190 now. What advice do you have for me?

What strength training did you do and did you still have gains while losing more than 90lbs? I've done zero weight training so far. Been putting it off.
Unread 03-08-2017, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
Came back for more inspiration. Was not disappointed.

Comparing your current state to your before pictures gives me a lot of hope.
I really appreciate that!

Quote:
It looks like you never had man boobs. And you've gone from seriously unattractive to attractive.
Do be honest I did have man boobs, they are even visible through the shirt in my before photos. This was resolved when I dropped some weight.

Quote:
Do you feel good about yourself? Do you notice any benefits / utilities with respect to how people treat you?
I feel great, really. My friends and family are all happy for me and impressed. There are exactly two idiots in my life who are displeased, but it's a long story. They are two negative people who don't know anything, and one is much worse than the other, claiming that I've lost too much weight too fast, and it's unhealthy, and my face looks too skinny, blah blah. I got pissed off at first but when managed to talk myself out of it, with the help of a friend. We need to learn not to get irritated by dumb people, as their opinions are insignificant. That's the best way of becoming "immune" so to speak.

Everyone else has been extremely positive. The vast majority, really. Everyone except two people, as I said. And the biggest benefits to me are how I personally feel as well as my resolved health problems, and looking forward to the future. I'm also buying some new clothes / changing my style, as I look much better now and can pay more attention to what I wear.

Quote:
I'm down to ~190 now. What advice do you have for me?
That's great. Well, I don't know anything about your approach. Your deficit, your goals, your macros, etc.

Quote:
What strength training did you do and did you still have gains while losing more than 90lbs?
All lifts have gradually but significantly gone up. This was over the course of a few months, and then a plateau was reached. I think those are neurological adaptations and not true muscle gains, although I've heard it's possible to have some muscle gains in a deficit if you're at a high BF%, so perhaps it was a combination of both.

And I need to correct you... it's a total of 101 lbs lost so far.

Quote:
I've done zero weight training so far. Been putting it off.
What?! Why would you do that? In a deficit, if you don't use em, you lose em. I'm talking about muscles.

Find a beginner routine. Although I follow my own thing, I can recommend "Fierce 5" novice routine. It is very popular and seems to work good.

Ask anything else you want to know.

Last edited by Dorich : 03-08-2017 at 07:42 PM.
Unread 03-08-2017, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenDilemma View Post
Great results. Congratulations.
Thx!

Quote:
Stop dieting though. LBM time. Don't prolong deficit another couple weeks. Just get to maintenance and resume lifting.
Soon, pretty soon.

As you can see from the most recent photos, there's still some fat to be lost.
Unread 03-12-2017, 02:58 PM

Quote:
As you can see from the most recent photos, there's still some fat to be lost.
You look fatter than you are because of low LBM + have the dieter mentality right now.
Unread 03-12-2017, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenDilemma View Post
You look fatter than you are because of low LBM + have the dieter mentality right now.
That's a good point as well.