BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-17-2017, 06:32 PM

Dorich, I'm interested in the mental strength requires to accomplish this.

What was your motivation/goal?

Why didn't you give up?

How did you so it so fast with almost-pwrfect adherence when others could not?

Did you expect struggle? Did you overcome it and how?

Do you display exceptional self discipline in other areas of your life in comparison to other people? (difficult tasks.)

Did you experience a radical change, modification, or improvement in your personality in order to accomplish these goals?

Why do you think you got so far before, when all this self discipline was lurking inside you dormant the whole time?
Unread 04-18-2017, 01:30 AM

Just popped in to say fantastic effort. I've been through a similar journey last year (almost 40kg lost), and a similar size / weight to you. I know how hard it is.

Congratulations and I hope you continue to enjoy your new physique!
Unread 04-20-2017, 05:19 PM

With the journey being over, here are some recent photos:

Unread 04-20-2017, 05:20 PM

And two more...

Depleted, no pump. Muscles may look fuller eventually after everything's restored. The lack of developed abdominals and minimal loose skin makes me appear slightly fatter... but I'm pretty sure that's around 10% BF, especially when taking skin-folds into account.

Current skin-folds:

Bicep - 2 mm
Tricep - 3 mm
Chest - 4 mm
Midaxillary - 4 mm
Calf - 4 mm
Suprailiac - 4 mm
Thigh - 6 mm
Subscapular - 6 mm
Abdominal - 8 mm
Lower back - 8 mm

These were checked numerous times, and different calipers were used. I guess it's the OCD in me, heh.

In regards to the low-ish body weight, I don't have issues with it. Untrained guy, never bulked, only started lifting during deficit. Thin bones (very small wrists & ankles), plus low body fat, plus being depleted, IMO all contribute to the number on the scale, which I see as a temporary number either way.

I feel like a new person and it's only been four days of maintenance so far. There aren't words I can use to describe the feeling, really. I'm also well aware that I don't have a "bodybuilder" physique, reason being that I never trained prior to this weight loss. However, I'm pretty certain I now have a good base to start building from, and I'll try to read/learn as much as I can in order to start making those gains. Eventually, if I do things right, I should have a solid physique.

Full weight loss log:

June 06, 2016: 114.00 kg / 251.3 lbs
August 28, 2016: 100.00 kg / 220.5 lbs
September 19, 2016: 94.50 kg / 208.3 lbs
October 10, 2016: 91.80 kg / 202.4 lbs
October 17, 2016: 89.40 kg / 197.1 lbs
October 24, 2016: 89.00 kg / 196.2 lbs
October 31, 2016: 87.50 kg / 192.9 lbs
November 07, 2016: 85.85 kg / 189.3 lbs
November 21, 2016: 83.80 kg / 184.7 lbs
December 05, 2016: 81.40 kg / 179.5 lbs
December 26, 2016: 78.10 kg / 172.2 lbs
January 09, 2017: 76.00 kg / 167.6 lbs
February 06, 2017: 71.95 kg / 158.6 lbs
March 06, 2017: 67.85 kg / 149.6 lbs
March 13, 2017: 66.60 kg / 146.8 lbs
March 20, 2017: 65.85 kg / 145.2 lbs
March 27, 2017: 64.50 kg / 142.2 lbs
April 03, 2017: 63.10 kg / 139.1 lbs
April 10, 2017: 62.25 kg / 137.2 lbs
April 17, 2017: 61.60 kg / 135.8 lbs

Sincerely hoping that my transformation can serve as an inspiration to overweight individuals who want to make a change in their lives.

Will write more soon!

Last edited by Dorich : 04-20-2017 at 05:25 PM.
Unread 05-02-2017, 01:18 PM

My third maintenance week started this Monday. I feel fantastic, and will write more about it later. For now I just wanted to answer these questions posted by aspire:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
What was your motivation/goal?
I had lots of motivation, among other things seeing other people's progress as well as my own progress. Being more and more satisfied with what I see in the mirror was my strongest motivation. My goal was initially only to go from obese to "not fat", and eventually I decided I want to really lean out.

Quote:
Why didn't you give up?
Several reasons. First, I kept progressing really good, so this was driving me. Secondly, I got many compliments from people on my progress, both online and in real life. And third, because of certain "haters", so to speak. A combination of these three factors, really.

Quote:
How did you so it so fast with almost-pwrfect adherence when others could not?
Very strong will power, I guess.

Quote:
Did you expect struggle? Did you overcome it and how?
The last three weeks of my cut were difficult. The last week was extremely difficult. I mean, extremely. I was constantly fantasizing about food, among other things. It's a bit hard to explain but I felt that my body was telling me, in more ways than one, that it's time to stop. And coincidentally this happened at exactly the same time where I would have stopped regardless, because I had reached my goal. So it all sort of fit together like a perfect puzzle. How did I overcome it? I just gave it my best, fighting hard.

Quote:
Do you display exceptional self discipline in other areas of your life in comparison to other people? (difficult tasks.)
Yeah, I'd say it runs in the family. I'm really determined when I want to accomplish something, and I succeed at it.

Quote:
Did you experience a radical change, modification, or improvement in your personality in order to accomplish these goals?
Hmm, I'd say no, I was always this way, meaning strong will power / not giving up. The thing is, years ago I never knew it all came down to calories. I thought it had to do with meal timing and what not, avoiding a large meal prior to bed time, etc., so I had an unsuccessful weight loss attempt years ago simply because of the wrong approach. I tried to NOT eat several hours before bed, and this was impossible for me, as I can't sleep when hungry. Later when I learned about "cutting" etc., and all the fine details, I succeeded on my first try, as you can see. So no, there was no radical change really in that regard. Determination was always there, it's just that I was unaware of how exactly the weight loss process functions, and this prevented me from not becoming fit much earlier.

Quote:
Why do you think you got so far before, when all this self discipline was lurking inside you dormant the whole time?
Same answer as earlier basically. I was unaware how it's supposed to be done. Unaware about calories, how fat is gained, how fat is lost, how muscle is retained, etc. It was lack of knowledge and I guess not really caring that much about how my body looks. That's why I was obese. Not totally caring about health, and at the same time not knowing how to properly diet / train.

There you go. Hope this helps.

You should also make your own thread with progress updates, etc.
Unread 05-02-2017, 05:22 PM

Thanks dude!
Unread 05-03-2017, 04:30 AM

Impressive results

But seriously, dude, you have got to put on some size. I don't mean this badly. But you've been dieting hard for too long, and should IMO soon get onto a bulk.

Out of curiosity, at your present size, what are your lifts like? Please specify repetitions. This is very valuable information for my personal quest for knowledge, so I'd be grateful if you could tell me.

Last edited by BigPecsPeter : 05-03-2017 at 04:41 AM.
Unread 05-12-2017, 01:58 PM

I would say you sit at more like 6-8%. You have individual striations on most muscles and carrying low lbm with loose skin you always look higher than you are. Seriously good effort cutting though. I hit 13% ish my last run before flaking. You cut hard-core all the way it seems and made it. Well done
Unread 05-12-2017, 02:47 PM

Even so. The Machinist, and stuff
Unread 05-13-2017, 01:17 PM

@Tom Baron - Thanks.

@BigPecsPeter - Will reply to your post regarding lifts in detail soon. I have a bad case of stomach flu and haven't been on the laptop. Hate typing on the tablet.