BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-04-2010, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick N View Post
I'm mainly doing it for the other readers over that forum. Too many poor souls there believes this guy.
It doesn't help that he's part of the so-called Zero Carb cult, so his appeals aren't to reason per se.

When demolishing his icons and religious writ, it may come across better to respond to a handful of his posts in a larger, formatted response (as opposed to one quote per post or a wall of text). Just sayin'

However you do it, I hope you have success in your endeavors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Paulo View Post
Drew Baye, inspite of being "professional" likes ad hominem attacks too lol. I had a debate with this guy over in Martin Berkhan's facebook wall regarding paleo dieting. Drew says grains are evil blah blah and other nonsense. Then he won't admit the fact that I've disproved his beliefs then this guy attacked me again on another Martin's post which is irrelevant to the subject. He's boasting his degree, education and stuff then I told him that PhD, degrees doesn't make a person perfect and be free from making mistakes.
The irony for me here is that I'm grateful to Drew for introducing me to a lot of people via the interwebz (totally unrelated to weightliftings or foodeatings) and I used to talk w/him when he was angrily in the 'a calorie is a calorie' camp and not angrily in the paleo reenactment camp.

The good old days when I was so into Super-Slow that I made myself temporarily incontinent while developing a pelvic floor protocol (nothing earth-shattering, just very slow Kegels).
Unread 11-04-2010, 07:21 AM

Lol. I guess the ss guys need to wear adult diapers then

It's probably hard for a professional with a degree to be debunked by an average Joe that's why when they can't back their claims, they switch to ad hominem mode.
Unread 11-04-2010, 07:28 AM

I was the only one. Didn't wear adult diapers, but took a lot of showers for three days. Just didn't keep up with my massively intense exercise (and thus didn't achieve my goal of shattering cast iron pans with my privates).

I think anyone who feels s/he has THE TRUTH and feels s/he is above the status of the unwashed masses who've yet to adopt THE TRUTH and then finds that it's unsubstantiated or is quite assailable tends to become very defensive because s/he has self-identified with THE TRUTH and could lose some externally-derived psuedo self-esteem when THE TRUTH is found to be lacking.

At least that's why I get jerky about such things and assume it's why others get jerky about 'em, too.
Unread 11-04-2010, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thombrogan View Post
I was the only one. Didn't wear adult diapers, but took a lot of showers for three days. Just didn't keep up with my massively intense exercise (and thus didn't achieve my goal of shattering cast iron pans with my privates).

I think anyone who feels s/he has THE TRUTH and feels s/he is above the status of the unwashed masses who've yet to adopt THE TRUTH and then finds that it's unsubstantiated or is quite assailable tends to become very defensive because s/he has self-identified with THE TRUTH and could lose some externally-derived psuedo self-esteem when THE TRUTH is found to be lacking.

At least that's why I get jerky about such things and assume it's why others get jerky about 'em, too.
Well said. It's hard to argue with people who follow a belief system especially when your audience is quite religious zealots also. Unfortunately, for some people who are self-proclaimed experts, they probably create the notion that all people who doesn't carry degrees on their names are ignorant.
Unread 12-02-2010, 12:08 PM

I made the mistake of arguing with an "all diets always fail always" zealot at a low-carb forum (what? It's harder for me to binge when low-carbing). Privately, he called me swear words and that's his problem. Publically, and maybe it was the Zimas talking, he accused me of being James Krieger. Never heard Krieger insulted so bad in my life.

Along with never arguing with crazy people, just know that is exactly what you're doing when you catch yourself defending Colpo in an argument and back away right there.

"I knew you before you knew you had hands" ~Tracey Brogan
Unread 12-02-2010, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thombrogan View Post
I made the mistake of arguing with an "all diets always fail always" zealot at a low-carb forum (what? It's harder for me to binge when low-carbing). Privately, he called me swear words and that's his problem. Publically, and maybe it was the Zimas talking, he accused me of being James Krieger. Never heard Krieger insulted so bad in my life.
Thombrogan,

You're likely referring to Razwell, who also goes by many other aliases on the internet (sometimes RickSantos). He has privately spammed me, Lyle, Jamie Hale, and Anthony Colpo under a lot of different aliases, doing exactly the behavior you described for a number of years now. He has some serious mental issues.

The Health Sleuth
Journal of Pure Power
Unread 12-03-2010, 07:07 AM

Wow!

So his decision I'm you was craziness and not a direct slam at you. That's a relief.

"I knew you before you knew you had hands" ~Tracey Brogan
Unread 12-04-2010, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
Very very very very very infrequently.
Well, now you know one more. :-)