BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-19-2018, 01:01 AM

Default Can you guys help my mum who is very overweight and struggling?

Hi guys, posting this for my mother who has been struggling to lose weight since Jan.

She's been on a keto diet but I told her it's just a matter of calories in vs calories out so just choose a diet she can adhere to. Nonetheless she opted for keto and tells me shes:

Been keto since Jan 2nd
Consuming MAX 1600 calories a day
18 lbs weight lost since Jan (but claims shes put back on 4lbs now even though she's stuck to the same diet).
5% carbs, 15% protein, 80% fat macro split
Only had 3 cheat meals in the last 9 weeks and they weren't crazy binges at all

She saying that she just hasn't lost any weight for 5 weeks and normally I'd say 'well, drop the calories more then, increase the deficit' but how can it be that she's been eating 1600 calories max for 3 months and her weight loss has stalled.

She is still very much over weight by the way... but from my experience anyone that is say 20 stone and eats 1600 calories for 3 months, the weight loss should just continue to come off.

Could it be here metabolism is I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.ed? Or genetically she has an issue? Meaning can things be more complicated than just calories in vs out? She has been overweight for at least 20 years..

Thanks for help.
Unread 07-19-2018, 09:45 AM

Occam's razor says that she isn't tracking everything she eats, or her calories are a lot higher than she thinks.