BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-14-2012, 12:55 PM

Default 29erGirl's RFLish Log

Well, I am on day 10 already but I have been reading others logs, so I thought I should start my own. Hopefully you all have some good feedback for me.

I am:
Cat 2
35F
5'6"
155.8 (currently)
BF: I did the calipers, but I don't trust them (well myself with measuring). Using the measurement sites on http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drobson98.htm and the cheap plastic calipers my body fat on day 6 was 17.96% with 27.7lbs of fat and 136.04 lbs of LBM (my BW is 154 that day). I am going with that number to make sure I get enough lean protein to not lose any muscle. But, I think I am more around 21-23% BF

Tape measurement:
Waist - 31 inches
Hips - 35 inches
Thigh - 22.3
Calves -14.4
Chest - 36

I am trying to get down to 145 (at least) make weight to for a power lifting meet at the end of April. I can't lose any muscle or strength. That is one reason I am estimating my protein needs on the high end. I am also going to be mountain bike racing at the beginning of May, so I need to get some rides in. SO, my RFL is definitely modified. I know Lyle says it may not work and I am fine with that. I just going to try.

I am on day ten and I have gone from 159.6 to 155.8. Around day 7 I was down to 154, but I think I was very dehydrated.

Today:

Bikram Yoga for 90 minutes (went from 155.8 before class to 153 after class - lots of sweating) - drank lots of water after.

M1: 5oz Chicken breast boiled in homemade FF broth w/ 1.5 cup cauliflower and special sauce (siracha, coconut aminos, and fish sauce).
Unread 03-14-2012, 09:45 PM

Good luck with this! you def have a busy fitness life but it sounds great! I'm more of a runner then a biker and Haven't been running for some time and now with rfl i don't want to risk the results, but i wish i coudl run right now lol.

Good job so far! [=
Unread 03-14-2012, 10:40 PM

Thanks. Yes, I think NOT exercising is the biggest problem for me. It is my stress relief. I broke my hand in November and I have just been able to get back on my bike. So, it is hard to not ride. Plus, I am training for a power lifting meet in April. So lots of weights too.

M2: Beef jerky ( I am weird, I love the stuff)
M3: Smoothie w/ FF yogurt, whey and mango
M4: Sushi, coconut water, and desert of sorbet, some FF yogurt and 1/2 banana

I ate a lot of fruit to get the carb refeed in. I don't think I have the concept yet. I don't eat grains, except for rice. Next time I am going to try to get in sweet potatoes and rice. I guess I just need to eat a lot of it! Below are my macros. I did not get enough protein or carbs for the refeed.

Cals = 1714
Prot = 136g
Carb = 276g
Fat = 10g

My training tonight was:
Back Squat
5x 95
5x 115
5x 135
3x 145
3x 155
3x 165
1x 175
1x 180
1x 185

Mini WOD (I still go to a crossfit box, because my PL coach is there. Sometimes I do a WOD if it is under 10 minutes)
21 -15- 9
Overhead squat @65#
D-ball slams @ 16#

I was feeling tired when I got to the gym, but I did awesome. 185# felt light and that is my old 1rm (I have hip dysplasia, so my BS always sucks). I did the WOD in 3mins and 30secs. Woohoo.

Hopefully I am not totally bloated tomorrow. I think I am experiencing an electrolyte imbalance. I got a bad cramp in my warmup and it has not gone away. I NEVER get cramps. That is why I added the coconut water and the banana.

Whew that was a lot of writing!
“People are starving all over the world, what do you mean “red meat’ll kill you?” Don’t eat no red meat? No, don’t eat no GREEN meat… if you’re one of the chosen few people in the world lucky enough to get your hands on a steak, bite the I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post. out of it!” - Chris Rock
Unread 03-15-2012, 06:40 PM

whats your carb need for refeeds?

i broke my foot in september it was torture bc i had just gotten up to 10 miles and was gonna try to go for 12 the next week. Then i break my foot during dance. -__- I gained a lot of weight during the 4 months i had to wear the cast and have yet to get back into training argh!

Great job on the weights! whhooo! i hope you kill it at that power life thats awesome.
Unread 03-15-2012, 08:31 PM

Hey,

I *think* the needs are around 500 carbs for the refeed. He is a little ambiguous about it in the book(or I got confused). He says that for Cat 2 you should find a sweet spot where you don't gain weight. I guess that was enough because I lost a lb this AM and I have not been very hungry today. Woo hoo

What do you shot for in your refeed?

That sucks about the broken foot. I broke my leg when I was 13 and it was awful for a young athlete - torture. The broken hand was pretty bad since it was my dominant hand, but I was able to get the cast off after 2 months and start lifting a few weeks later (probably too soon). I still have some pain a swelling with really heavy lifts, but I am just happy to be back! I probably gained about 5 lbs or so, since it was x-mas too.

Good luck getting back to training soon!
“People are starving all over the world, what do you mean “red meat’ll kill you?” Don’t eat no red meat? No, don’t eat no GREEN meat… if you’re one of the chosen few people in the world lucky enough to get your hands on a steak, bite the I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post. out of it!” - Chris Rock
Unread 03-15-2012, 08:39 PM

154.8 on the scale this AM. Yay! So, I lost a lb the day after my carb refeed. Good news. Not really sure why that happened. And, I didn't feel hungry most of the day, which actually makes me nervous since I am afraid my metabolism is slowing down.

M1: egg white muffins, broccoli
M2: chicken breast, cauliflower, cucumber
coconut water @ yoga
M3: shrimp, broccolini, garlic

90 minutes Bikram yoga. I was too tired to get to the gym and my coach was sick and my lifting partner could not make it. So, I opted for yoga instead.

I am going to drink 8oz of coconut water when I work out since I have been getting cramps and I think I am dehydrated.
Unread 03-16-2012, 02:37 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29erGirl View Post
154.8 on the scale this AM. Yay! So, I lost a lb the day after my carb refeed. Good news. Not really sure why that happened. And, I didn't feel hungry most of the day, which actually makes me nervous since I am afraid my metabolism is slowing down.
Hey 29erGirl, great job on your progress so far. Here's a link to Lyle's explanation on why you might have lost weight after the carb refeed.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...uishy-fat.html

He quotes, "Interestingly, even normal refeeds often work in this regards, perhaps the hormonal effect ‘tells’ the body to chill out and release some water. So not only do refeeds seem to improve stubborn fat mobilization the next day (as discussed above), they may help the body drop some water so that you can see what is happening."

Anyhow, good luck the rest of the way. I'll be following
Unread 03-18-2012, 10:53 AM

Hey Livelaugheat,

Thanks for the information. It helps to understand the long term and not just focus on the immediate moment.

Thanks goodness, because i went up 2 lbs on Saturday after a small free meal on Friday night. Grrr. I still feel lean and look leaner. I am trying to focus on the long term. And how I look, not how I weigh. My goal is to lose no muscle, so I need to accept that it is going to be slow. I drop almost lb, but that puts me back at 154. Five lbs in two weeks is still good if that means minimal muscle loss.

My new strategy is to have two semi-free meals on the weekends and no carb refeed. I will eat carbs at these free meals. I have a hard time limiting the free meal to one day on the weekend. So, what i did this weekend was had a normal RFL meal with some wine and desert (or on Friday sweet potato chips!) I know this is not ideal, but it seems to be what I am realistically able to to do.
Unread 03-18-2012, 10:01 PM

Today was back to normal, but I was 154 when I weighed. Still a 5lb loss for two weeks.

I spent most of the day today cleaning and getting some work done. I went to Bikram yoga in the afternoon. The heater wasn't working properly and so it was warm...not really hot. Made me realize how much the heat impacts my ability to get deeply into the poses

Yesterday, I did a back squat workout and put on knee wraps for some heavy lifts - I hate those things. I did a bunch of core work. I went to Bikram yoga in the afternoon.

M1: canned wild salmon and cauliflower w/ curried greek yogurt (best sauce ever)
M2: celery and 2oz beef jerky
M3: chicken with brussel sprout slaw and cauliflower w/ curried greek yogurt
M4: greek yogurt and whey protein

I am thinking about starting an EC stack. I bought some generic bronkaid, so I may start it in the next day or two.
Unread 03-18-2012, 10:18 PM

I was just searching about EC stack and I found out that it was in Metabolife. I took this when I was about 22 (more than a decade ago). One of the women I worked with sold the stuff. She gave me a bottle for free and I took it for a month. I lost like 10 lbs. It was crazy. I do remember that it made my heart race the first few days, but I don't think I eased into it. But, it did work. She had been taking it for years and swore by it. She was pretty lean. I on the other hand was just an active 22 year old.